Ibanez JEM Forum banner

SEARS sucks!

3K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  markg5150 
#1 ·
So I buy a supposedly high-end fridge from these guys 8 months ago. List price is like $3500. GE Profile series...

First week I have it, it breaks. A month later, it breaks again. Two months later, it breaks again.

Following me? Well, apparently Sears Customer Service isn't.

Well guess what, it breaks again. This is 4 times in 8 months. WTF?!?

We are talking about the exact same issue. It just completely quits cooling.

I'm pretty pissed (obviously) and I am getting the major run-around from their managers, their supposed "One Source" customer service, and it seems that every department I deal with has some loophole that leaves me hanging.

I'm basically stuck with a service call, and if nothing happens for 90 days after that, I'm out a fridge, because my warranty runs out.

It is pretty obvious that I have a defective refrigerator, and they have 3 more months and then they are off the hook.

See less See more
#4 ·
I bought the Kenmore HE washer and dryer, from Sears a year ago with extended warranty. Right after getting it I had a slight problem with it. Very expensive stuff. Sears gave me the run around for 3-4 days I got out of the extended warranty, called a guy out, $30.00 later we haven't had a problem since. Similar extended warranty stuff has happened with 2 of our cars and a dishwasher...Long story short we never do extended warranty anymore. the warranty for these companies are like those given by guitar manufacturers...mostly useless. I feel your pain, man good luck!

#5 ·
Simple...

Return it.

Go somewhere else.

I no longer have any patience for such lack of service and respect.

There is an issue, they cannot (or won't) solve it, I'll solve it for them:
Take it back, I'm going elsewhere.

Raise holy h*ll if you have to.

#11 ·
Man, I really wish it were that easy.

Every manager I talk to in person agrees that I should have it replaced, and under the "old" customer service ways, it would have.

Now their customer service is outsourced to a group called "One Source", and you have to communicate with them for hours over the phone. Apparently the hands of the managers are tied, and you have only the option of dealing with "One Source" and they have a special manual that tells them what to say to your particular problem that lets them off the hook.

I'm not going to even go there with talking to GE. They take no responsibility for anything whatsoever.

#12 ·
Rent a truck if you dont have one for $50 from Home Depot. Load it into the truck, drive it bac to the store. Wheel it right into the appliance department and ask to return it. F the say no, talk to the store manager. If they wont, ask for the district manager. "No" is not an acceptable answer, and once you realize that, your problems will be solved. When dealing with retailers, the customer is still always right, you just have to stand up to the store.

#13 ·

If you go in there while customers are there they will want to fix your problem immediately. The longer customers see you there unhappy the more they are likely to leave.

The fact still remains that it's under warranty, you bought it from Sears and they owe you a fix or a new fridge. That's the bottom line. And while you're in there tell them that if you don't walk out of the store satisfied (refund or new fridge) you're going to contact your local news station and have them do a story on it. Then ask them if they want themselves and their store to be on the 6 pm local news and in the newspaper. I guarantee you that you will be walking out of that store satisfied.

It's happened to me before with a few stores. You just have to stand up.

#15 ·
Jax, did you by any chance buy an extended warranty? If so, those warranty programs explicitly state that they'll replace the item after 3 attempts have been made to fix the same problem. Take the fridge back to the store and raise some hell man.

Let us know what happens

Jimmy:smile:

#20 ·
I don't have an extended warranty plan.

They did offer me a $75 dollar fridge for the time being. I asked them if they could upgrade it to the current model of the fridge I have, and they said no.

I'm not really one to back down, but they have a pretty good system in place. Every store manager/district manager I talk to keep pushing me to this stupid "One Source" customer service that they say are the final authority on any decisions.

I have raised complete hell with everyone I've talked to on the phone today, and I've even asked names, and they won't give their name to me. So I'm stuck in a constant loop of getting a new customer service agent who tells me the same **** over and over. I tried to ask for an escalation for the situation to one lady, and she told me that in order to do that, I have to WRITE to the Appliance HQ. What the F ever...

Right now, my best bet is that I'll get a service call and possibly an extended warranty. If I don't get the extended warranty, they will fix my fridge, crossing their fingers that it doesn't break over the next three months, and then when it does, I'm out a refrigerator.

I've dealt issues similar to this before, but they must have something going on, because they've got quite a system in place now that covers their ass.

#26 ·
Sorry, but that's GE for you.

There isn't one GE appliance in my 10 year old house that hasn't had to be replaced at least once. Note ONE, and every appliance that came with my house is GE, so you do the math.

Hell, my dishwasher is even on recall, due to it leaking DC current (which ate away all my silverware and dishwasher racks). GE is giving people a rebate to buy a new washer, but here's the kicker - it has to be another GE!

No thanks, I'll take my money elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.