<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM

Re: Skateboarding

Mine is a 38 inch. I like it cause the kicks allow you to still manual and shovit. I dont remember for sure, but I dont remember it being too expensive, though thats relative.
I think my whole setup cost just about $200-$220
Its a BC Moray

I actually havent ridden in a while. Cant wait for summer
Old 02-14-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel_f View Post
That's rad! I was looking for an old one to hang on the wall and this might be the ticket, all the vintage boards on eBay are super expensive, now. What I really want is an old McGill skull n snake deck.
My first ever deck was a Mike McGill skull 'n' snake deck!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 AM

Reviews: 15

I haven't skated since the early days of Tony Hawk and Powell Peralta. I had a neon green monstrosity with nice rubbery wheels and the plastic guards. Long gone are my days of jumping ramps made from plywood resting on a couple bags of cement.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodVaibes View Post
My first ever deck was a Mike McGill skull 'n' snake deck!
I planned on one but it never happened, all my decks were made at a local shop owned by Mark Lake. The Brad Baxter was one of them, more of a street skate shape at the time with the typical PP/bones-like frantic montage of evil imagery printed on it. Us Palm Bay / Melbourne FL sk8rs had huge hard-ons for Lake Skates so I dismissed a lot of the old icons. I definitely had all the clothes though, Bones shirts, Limpies pants, lace cover Airwalks with duct tape, even that stupid Vizion painter's cap, lol.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:04 AM

My first deck was an Alien Workshop, can't remember the name on it, but the second one I had was a Flip, the one with the shroom in the middle.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:43 AM

my 1st nice deck was a 1st run Powell Perlata Tonk Hawk. Pink/purple/silver. I saw one go on eaby recently for 1700 bucks.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:35 PM

My first was an ATM "Give Blood, Go Skateboarding" deck, in red.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:50 PM

Oh I forgot the Zorlac Todd Prince someone gave me, shaped like the metallica one. Big hideous thing that probably sparked the invention of the snowboard.

Last edited by axel_f; 02-14-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:26 PM

Whenever I listen to "Hallowed Be Thy Name" it always reminds me of mid 90's skate videos. One that stands out to me is Toy Machine "Welcome to Hell"
Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1983 View Post
Whenever I listen to "Hallowed Be Thy Name" it always reminds me of mid 90's skate videos. One that stands out to me is Toy Machine "Welcome to Hell"
Cool! I'm not very athletic (did have a board, but was no good), but whenever I hear the song "superman" by Goldfinger, I think of skateboarding.... I wonder why...
Old 02-25-2013, 03:59 AM

Skating is fun most specially if you do perform a lot of tricks. But, at your age I mean I am not underestimating your capacity but if you feel you can't make it anymore like when you're still young then go with a ride and just have fun with some simple tricks.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM

Reviews: 13

This is weird seeing this, i was literally going to post this a few weeks back but i thought id leave it!

Im young so i skate quite alot when i'm not playing guitar or at school, we've got a local bowl to skate, pretty fun. My advice would be to pump around a local skatepark, if you dont feel up for tricks its the best thing to do.

Some of the talk on here of powell team and the bones brigade makes me wish i grew up in pool skating era, dog town and everything like that. But i definitely recommend getting into it, its such good to stay in shape and gives you a break from guitar when you need it!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:39 PM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1983 View Post
My first deck was an Alien Workshop, can't remember the name on it, but the second one I had was a Flip, the one with the shroom in the middle.
I think the flip is an extremely sorry one, tom penny one i think!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansJem View Post
This is weird seeing this, i was literally going to post this a few weeks back but i thought id leave it!

Im young so i skate quite alot when i'm not playing guitar or at school, we've got a local bowl to skate, pretty fun. My advice would be to pump around a local skatepark, if you dont feel up for tricks its the best thing to do.

Some of the talk on here of powell team and the bones brigade makes me wish i grew up in pool skating era, dog town and everything like that. But i definitely recommend getting into it, its such good to stay in shape and gives you a break from guitar when you need it!
While I didn't grow up in the dog town era, the early-mid 90's was a really big time for skateboarding as well. It was so big that it was hard to not take notice of its impact in pop culture at the time. It changed the way people dressed and gave birth to a whole new sub-group of 90's youth culture. It was fun to be a part of.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanngillian View Post
Skating is fun most specially if you do perform a lot of tricks. But, at your age I mean I am not underestimating your capacity but if you feel you can't make it anymore like when you're still young then go with a ride and just have fun with some simple tricks.
That's the plan! My fiance likes going out for walks with her dog so I'm really itching to get a board and just go out and cruise around and play with the dog. I have a few friends that used to skate back in the day, and I have a sneaky suspicion that once I get a board, they will too.

Show/Hide Posting Rules