<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 AM

Reviews: 2

Re: So....now I'm a bouncer.

I thought the movie i provided before of you was all the prof anybody needed.
Well here we go again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tb7yCCT4nM
Old 12-15-2012, 04:09 AM

Reviews: 11

Just got gone from work...best job most fun job ever for real anyone who doesn't do this is missing out!!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:09 AM

No fights but drank all night with pretty girls and closed with pretty girls and got payed yeahyah can't beat it
Old 12-15-2012, 04:49 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryancap77 View Post
No fights but drank all night with pretty girls and closed with pretty girls and got payed yeahyah can't beat it
Kinda scary that you say "no fights but drank all night" as opposed to "no fights and drank all night"

Sounds like that was pretty lucky too, if you spent all night drinking
Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 AM

Dude....I don't even know lolae were pretty slow, and had a party upstairs so I didn't have much to do. Regretting it this morning though
Old 12-15-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Kinda scary that you say "no fights but drank all night" as opposed to "no fights and drank all night"

Sounds like that was pretty lucky too, if you spent all night drinking
What I meant was, it sucked since there were no fights (makes the night more exciting/go by faster) but, to make up for my lack of amusement, me and some coworkers all shared shots, which was a great time! For free
Old 12-15-2012, 12:09 PM
(a)
Vendor

Having a few drinks in the bar should only be done when you are not on duty. When you are on duty, if something bad ever happened I can guarantee that you and the bar owner would be named in the lawsuit because you were the acting security that wasn't of 100% clear mind. You should make yourself aware of all the legal bull you become liable for in this profession
Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 PM

Ha ha, I use To think the same way. But, I have learned that that's not necessarily how it works. I've had the police in my bar times now, they're always on your side regardless what happens. Keep in mind, I am not the kind to pummel my customers I just help maintain peace and read them and help them have agood time.
Last night, I was one of 4 bouncers at the bar. We were very slow, and it was the end of the evening. If I was somebody who could not tolerate my liquor, that it would be a different story. But as a 210 pound guy, I think 5 to 10 shots Won't hurt too bad
Old 12-15-2012, 01:09 PM
(a)
Vendor

Lawsuits have nothing to do with the police.

Case in point, a very historic large local bar [The Pennant] closed a couple years ago after being bankrupted from a lawsuit, the crux of which was a stabbing in the parking lot an hour after the bar had closed. People will sue for everything, and crafty lawyears will win. One lawsuit could ruin your life. You're young, you don't see the angles yet, but there are plenty of angles in life waiting to FYU. Anybody sees you take one shot and the jury will believe you were impaired.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:11 PM

Okay rich, ill keep that in mind. Thanks alot for the info man, I don't want a lawsuit your right
Old 12-15-2012, 01:21 PM
(a)
Vendor

You're a bouncer, you're 220 pounds and built like one. You're in charge of security and keeping people safe. You are liable for everything that happens while executing your duty. Somebody gets a hangnail and wants to blame you, jury takes one look at you and the 150 pound handnail and you've about lost, and financial judgements can break you for life, and the bar owner.

And if we're being honest, one look at the 5 posts you made last night and it was quite clear, you don't hold your liquer like you think you do
Old 12-15-2012, 01:25 PM

Awh rich.....don't be mean I hardly ever drink, it's bad for you! I dont have a high tolerance, i guess i am an extreme lightweight. And I was worse when I got home...but I drank more after we closed, 130-3. So that was after the bar was closed...and my friend Rachel drove me home
Old 12-15-2012, 01:28 PM
(a)
Vendor

Not being mean, just being real. Sorry to kill your buzz but you'll be much better off informed than not
Old 12-15-2012, 01:29 PM

Eh, it's okay, I'm used to responsibility, I have 3 jobs, 13 credit hours at college, and a 2 year old. You didn't kill it, my buzz has been dead for a while lol
Old 12-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Lawsuits have nothing to do with the police.

Case in point, a very historic large local bar [The Pennant] closed a couple years ago after being bankrupted from a lawsuit, the crux of which was a stabbing in the parking lot an hour after the bar had closed. People will sue for everything, and crafty lawyears will win. One lawsuit could ruin your life. You're young, you don't see the angles yet, but there are plenty of angles in life waiting to FYU. Anybody sees you take one shot and the jury will believe you were impaired.
This^^^

Rich is right!
And Bryan--he's looking out for you. We all are.
We want to see you enjoy that job without incident. But if there is incident--have a clear head to deal with it.
Might be 3 other bouncers on duty, but what if all Hell breaks loose and they need your help?
All it takes in a hearing is, "Where you consuming ANY alcohol the night in question?" and they've got their fall guy.

Or, during the incident you help. Alcohol clouds your judgement and either you, or the instigators get seriously hurt.

Save the drinks until the bar closes.
I'm sure a pretty girl will stick around for a shot.....

Tags
bar, bouncing, club, security

Show/Hide Posting Rules