Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Spitzer = epic fail

4K views 70 replies 23 participants last post by  elcid 
#1 ·
Good god, you can't make this up. The guy put the system in place which monitors suspicious bank transactions (heard this on NPR - the threshold is much lower than $10K now, since 9/11). He also liked to prosecute prostitution. Now he gets caught by the system he put in place, which leads to evidence that he liked to partake in the activity he was so righteously against. Sources say he spent close to $80K on hookers.

He pretty much shot himself in both feet at the same time. Let's see how much respect he has for justice now that he's on the receiving end. :lol:

#2 ·
Not s sure I think karma is an imaginary idea anymore... he got what he deserved for breaing the law and I feel he got such a hard hit because of the way he constantly overstepped his bounds as AG.

I thought for sure the Wall Street Journal was going to put yesterdays front page headline as simply "Ha Ha."

#3 ·
He shot himself in more than the feet. Now, no uber expensive hooker sex and now no wife sex. Plus he burned a good friend by using his frieds I.D. to cover himself. But that doesn't mean some frequent sex isn't in his future.

I'll say this. Besides being ironic and a bit funny. Its horrible for his kids. Every thought of their hero dad is shattered. They will never look at their dad again without thinking about this. They will never ever trust a man in their lives to be honest ad faithful.

Also sad is his likely addiction to the behaviour. He knew the risk, he knew the consequences, he knew he would probably get caught. But addiction does something that causes people to completely ignore reason.

All the way around. Its very very sad.

#6 ·
He shot himself in more than the feet. Now, no uber expensive hooker sex and now no wife sex. Plus he burned a good friend by using his frieds I.D. to cover himself. But that doesn't mean some frequent sex isn't in his future.

I'll say this. Besides being ironic and a bit funny. Its horrible for his kids. Every thought of their hero dad is shattered. They will never look at their dad again without thinking about this. They will never ever trust a man in their lives to be honest ad faithful.

Also sad is his likely addiction to the behaviour. He knew the risk, he knew the consequences, he knew he would probably get caught. But addiction does something that causes people to completely ignore reason.

All the way around. Its very very sad.
I'm guessing that he was "buying it" because wife sex at home probably ended.

#7 ·
maybe in some disturbed way he was trying to crack down on himself stop himself if you will... the guy obviously has issues well beyond his wife and their relationship (which probalby is not an issue whatsoever here in regards to his behaviour).. glen

Good god, you can't make this up. The guy put the system in place which monitors suspicious bank transactions (heard this on NPR - the threshold is much lower than $10K now, since 9/11). He also liked to prosecute prostitution. Now he gets caught by the system he put in place, which leads to evidence that he liked to partake in the activity he was so righteously against. Sources say he spent close to $80K on hookers.

He pretty much shot himself in both feet at the same time. Let's see how much respect he has for justice now that he's on the receiving end. :lol:

#9 ·
The next least risky option is having a mistress. Sure if he gets caught he might sustain some damage. However, getting caught with a mistress is less of an issue than getting caught blowing $80K on hookers. :lol: In fact, in a lot of countries, getting caught with a mistress would boost his approval rating.

#19 ·
Look at the personal cost this Spitzer scandal has wrought:

Amid Charges of Spitzer Tryst, Embattled Prostitute "Kristen" Expected to Resign

New York - At a hastily scheduled morning press conference at the headquarters of New York's exclusive Emperors Club prostitution ring, high priced call girl "Kristen" announced that she would temporarily step aside in the wake of charges that she had engaged in sex with New York Governor Eliot Spitzer.

"I made a serious mistake and betrayed the trust of my co-workers, my many clients, and my pimps," she said in a quiet voice cracking with emotion. "I will be taking a leave of absence to earn their forgiveness, and redeem myself in the eyes of the entire expensive whore community."
http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2008/03/amid-charges-of.html

#20 ·
Poor guy. His wife should be the one getting arrested. If she was taking care of business at home he wouldn't have had to look elsewhere. Prstitution being illegal is one of the most bs laws anyway. It's none of the governments business who or why people fck.

#21 ·
prostitutuion is illegal same as pot. tax reasons. althugh I might have moral problems with it. I'm far right of libertarian. non of the governments, or my biz what you do. The Judge in the end will take care of that. mam should never have authority over another man.

#22 ·
I dont see how it would be tax reasons. If either were legal they could be regulated and texed. I think it's more for (other people's) moral reasons.

On second thought, the way the government can mess things up, maybe it should stay illegal so people can still use their services.

#29 ·
. . . No one gets hurt or mistreated - no harm done. . . .
It ought to continue to be illegal. All women suffer from the acceptance of prostitution because it objectifies them by turning a woman into nothing more than a sex toy. And most prostitutes live lives of fear, violence, and drug addiction. Sure, there may be a few intelligent, very beautiful, well-managed hookers out there who make a lot of money, but I would argue that even they, at some level, suffer a great deal in terms of self-image and loss of dignity.

#30 ·
So it's up to the government to not allow women to make that desicion for themselves? Again, who and why people fck is no one elses business other than the 2 (or more) people involved in said act. But Im sure women everywhere appreciate you being against them having the right to make an adult decision for themselves.

ILLEGAL prostitutes live lives of fear, violence and drug addiction because they are affraid of going to cops for protection. I'd bet the legal ones are laughing all the way to the bank.

#31 ·
#1 Prostitution should be legal

#2 Marajuna should be legal

#3 I wish he never would have gotten caught, WELL, maybe not, he was married with kids!

#4 Prostitution is fun, I have had model type women on my own, and a model or two, or three before without paying, but there is so much fun paying for it and her leaving afterwards! Yes, I said it and I have the balls to say it! FUN! FUN! FUN!

p.s. I don't smoke the brown nor green stuff! Just how I feel.

#34 ·
I agree! However, have you ever driven over the speed limit, j walked, in NJ driven with your cell phone (talking), sodomy in some places, let the government keep taking over...eventually all us good people will be breaking laws in our own homes because big brother will always be watching, keep given them the power. Were talking sex, a basic human function\need, who cares how someone gets sex (yes he was married and that is wrong)! But, if I like a piece of art, and I want to pay for it to keep forever, or a day, or pay for some art (womens body) for an hour day, year whatever, it is illegal, says who! IT WILL NEVER STOP! So I can pay for a girl to rub my body a "massage" but if I get a little more it is illegal! F &^%$! It is our body, it is all just SKIN!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.