Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Total addict of TV show, Empire

Tags
empire
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  63Blazer 
#1 ·
My wife started kinda watching it and then got hooked and I heard some good words here on Jemsite. Yeah, I know it's a music business show and dysfunctional family soap opera typical of the predictable Imagine Entertainment (24, Friday Night Lights, Lie to Me) plots, but I still got hooked.

Some of the crazy stuff that happens on the show is very similar to what a band mate of mine (once very famous for a few years) told me about the music business.

There are so many interesting subplots and guest stars but it works.

#3 ·
The second season is still the best thing on TV this year imho, but it doesn't have the amazing edge that Season 1 did. Critics say the last time a show was as sensational in its wide response was when "Dynasty" was on. The next day everybody would be talking about it whether it was at the supermarket, golf club, or pool hall. I was a kid but I couldn't get away from all that Dynasty talk. All one would have to do is go outside and you would hear something about it every single week. I wasn't a fan but I totally knew who Joan Collins was. It struck a chord with so many different people and I think "Empire" is our generation's version of that.

And in 2015, Terrence Howard and Taraji Henson are actors but they practically became their characters as this dynamic, dysfunctional married couple. It led to an interesting Christmas special recently and sometimes it's hard to tell where the character and real actor starts or stops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.