Ibanez JEM Forum banner

US to Scrap Dollar and Join the Euro

2K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  DancingDrake 
#1 · (Edited)
#24 · (Edited)
What IS happening here is the implementation of a not too long term plan to phase out the US penny & push the $1 from paper money to coinage.. which would properly reflect what a dollar is worth these days.
Canada no longer has 1 or 2 dollar bills. They have been replaced by coins. Apparently, the coins last much longer, so the mint would not have to take old damaged bills out of circulation and reprint new ones to replace them(saves money in the long run).

I find myself more willing to spend coins than spending bills, so with 1 and 2$ coins, I am doing my part to keep the wheels of the economy turning.

#26 ·
ive just had a thought.if u.s.a change currency to the euro,you american lads might have to pay more for jems.all european countrys have the euro (except uk),as you all know the price of jems here is scandalous,including europe.its just a thought i might be way off the mark ??????.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.