Ibanez JEM Forum banner

What's up with Jemsite server??

7K views 76 replies 19 participants last post by  RGTFanatic 
#1 ·
Man, the last couple of days the site has been all sorts of glitchy.......slow response, timed out, etc......

#11 ·
Yeah, same here......let me just write off another big check so I can have that awesome "Contributer" tag next to my name.

I get that sites are faced with an untold number of problems over time. What I DON"T get is the admins saying nothing and the owners still holding out their hand hoping for our money.

I'm happy to contribute when I'm kept i the loop..... I'm a "giver" 'ya know? :grin:

#32 ·
Wow! Only 14 active contributors. Come on guys, with the wealth of info and mostly good people here everyone should be a contributor. I will renew every year without fail unless something major goes wrong here. Those who take care of this site do a great job of weeding out the baddies and keeping things civil. I am grateful to have a site full of like-minded Ibanez fans.

#36 ·
Well said... exactly what I thought after reading the admin's response. Even as a relative nobody, I feel a little guilty about not contributing now. My internet is youtube, my email site, ebay, and Jemsite. I also enjoy this well moderated site due to the knowledge and civil nature of most people here.

#35 ·
It's human nature to run down the opposition. I was an IBM person simply because I used them in Uni, but always had an interest in Apple. I guess what put me off was being the go to guy for computer issues among friends, more than one friend bought an Apple and were basically too lazy to figure out how to use their OS and then expected me to solve their problems.

Your guitar analogy is very apt. Without competition you have monopoly where the supplier acts as a dictator, everything from design to price are in their hands and you have no choice but to pay it.

I was for a brief while converted when with the pre Iphone soundbytes by Steve Jobs, particularly the promise of non network locked and freedom of use. Then he obviously had to bow to the reality of network providers (which in my view was a big mistake), he had a revolitionary product which could have been marketed independent of the networks, would have become a reality and could have finally broken the back of the network locked mobile system. I bought an Iphone and unlocked it as at the time I needed a phone where I could use a sim anywhere in the world. My second disappointment was the Itunes system, I like being able to transfer files and information without the need to pass through a program and wait for it to approve my transfers, so for me the Iphone while innovative and amazing didn't quite suit me. I feel if they hadn't chosen instant revenue over functionality I'd probably still use their products. For a long time Apple had the professional design, photography, art and music market captured without selling out their principles. One thing you have to hand to Apple is their OS update system, users don't find themselves stranded on an obselete OS and on average Mac notebook users get far longer from their system than PC users. Additionally they allow users to update non Apple apps at a resonable price which I am sure helps combat piracy. Someone once told me that small is beautiful when it comes to business and it's true, when Apple were smaller they were much more dedicated to the user, when Ibanez were the underdog they were much more innovative in their designs and seemed to suffer less QC issues. However, Ibanez are more the victim of costs rather than success.

#37 ·
I wonder what it would take for Ibanez to equal the sales of the giant that is Fender/Squier? They make great stuff in the USA, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Indonesia, and China. Dollar for dollar their stuff is pretty good, though not as good as Ibanez or ESP/LTD, imho.

The Fender name is a household name and probably most well known from non-musicians and dilletante musicians. Their logo and guitar shapes are on greeting cards, belt buckles, murals, cartoons, birthday cake frosting designs, soda pop bottles, or any place where an appropriate use for the image of an electric guitar is.

And if we had a year that matched the sheer output of Fender/Squier, would Ibanez drop their quality or innovation? Would Ibanez get soft and only market the high voluem items like RG, S, JEM, and Artist and burn the rest?

#38 ·
I wonder what it would take for Ibanez to equal the sales of the giant that is Fender/Squier? They make great stuff in the USA, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Indonesia, and China. Dollar for dollar their stuff is pretty good, though not as good as Ibanez or ESP/LTD, imho.

The Fender name is a household name and probably most well known from non-musicians and dilletante musicians. Their logo and guitar shapes are on greeting cards, belt buckles, murals, cartoons, birthday cake frosting designs, soda pop bottles, or any place where an appropriate use for the image of an electric guitar is.

And if we had a year that matched the sheer output of Fender/Squier, would Ibanez drop their quality or innovation? Would Ibanez get soft and only market the high volume items like RG, S, JEM, and Artist and burn the rest (JS, PGM, Artcore, Destroyer, Talman, Roadcore, etc)?

#43 ·
Back on topic.......

I do love being on Jemsite because of the exact reasons you have all previously mentioned. For a guy that knew absolutely nothing about "social media" or internet groups, Jemsite truly opened my eyes to a global perspective of the world. Not only about guitars/ music/gear, but also world views, humor, compassion, and morality. I may have opened this thread because I was irked, and in some ways I am now even more. Really only 14 contributors?

I think the only reason I complain is that Jemsite IS my "crack". There are people that can quote sports statistics going back 50 years or more. There are people that can tell you every part that ever came on any given Chevrolet, it's part number, and where it was produced........... I have Jemsite.

On a related note: I'm not able to receive PM's lately. The last two that were sent to me opened to this--
Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(260) : eval()'d code on line 23
‹ÿÕ}iwÛF²ögùœü‡3cR6Wíé£Õqn¼Œ%'3ǯ/H€$,'`PKÿ÷ûTu7ÐX¸H-œy•"z©®®®ª®ª®>øñäíñÅÞ�ŠA8ŠwŽ~}u, •Zí÷õãZíäâDüûç‹×¿ŠFµ..|k¸¡ë�*a*vú¦ ƒ0œìÕj×××Õëõªç÷kïk7ÔVƒ*«¯•Ð¨YµC»ÐúáÉ÷x3ŽƒfN;�ÝÝ]Y½ l×o†¡_CkÜoœ±lÀ±lj(o‡¾T;C«{Ùö®hÝ~ùáÉŠí|ÝcoììãÁÄ"Ø=÷ƱéQèMöDýŸôuèôBýýÚµÃÁžhÔå«�ãöx©wÐSß÷¦c»Òõ†ž¿'~ªóµógÅÛÎÍ 7èweäýYñ&V× K½ºCõïêN�~öÜaè k8X%õ²¹S_Å˯?<Áè®nè´»Þ8tÆ¡ø‚:KoÃßÚV pc�Eã[ãŸ˶ÝqãÝšÜxÏ· <ú-oèÚÂäö~™AÃJ¯ T¬ÑošœÞлÆ@§¡GOBç&¬XC·?Þ4x†ñÔô¬]ß�„"¼�8Í•®}¶®,ù"è 7w‰(Å¥ãtÐP»çù]§Zý ´ú&#8230;z°úížë mѶ×�Ž€¿jß O‡}=º}e-ŠTƒn»ãÉ4,ÖWÜž(Eu«WÖpêˆfS‹ÜêÊ̦0-š¨òªj'šÅÎÐë^÷gVëY¶3³ÀYñ�pê�EÏŒö¯¾Ðõ›ÐŸÊŒÂ ^hx„•¶5¶ÛÁ´3rC‰ ™ Í *¦;DV´3{KM�ƸXP'h{ã6CÚñn€@ž(š¿'Vß!zåO}ptûÆ9¥âU‡ ÅÓ~uÔ>µÝÐó?£¯m¬æâ§êÄw&-ïhš�|¬ª¯Ÿ�n(¡(‹ÍUI,9Åý'/oIóLê*'+pÄÀwz ÖøÙ�}9Õ®7ªÞé(¨D�XàÐ_Î/:#°ÂÐ j~ˆÕà;µnÔ¨90Œ†xhPų‚ð�a³  ',˜K� ÔZ÷ï�úic Ëw5rB â)œTœ?¦îU³p,Y`å¡ CT¬�„ʾè,?pÂæ«ó·•��ÍÝJCá‰ÛcÊ›&#8230;¾3v| Sl4qu4�Ћõêvµ.+½FµKçö¼hŠ:~Õ±ÆΟå_N_-?Œ]0¸À)Ÿ‡Î•#~³Üòöövù¥ï8c ºü«×¼Y ~R~ÿ²¼] B¬¶|j÷ˆXgqR>z·¶xï¡¥ß-pûC;(* pÁÈì *~©OƒÐ•?œŠè+ÚûõÍËòÉùÊ'oË¿¼{]Ž ž[awPøð]kì-™€Ê�NP‡êNÑ´7.wôø;žåÛY¤ÙŽä»(k À&#8230;fé Þ[@]_¼ñB€ÙÅ0å ±húïàÇJEŸŸ‹s&5¢,Q©ñ2©eˆÌµ›&#8230;+ O›èekÏžýðä™HÍ5K�¹å=QÛ"pPÏ©x¶MÿQ-ˆƒ�`Ø×ßéÆéöÙæå„+/¡œD=Æl'8(¥*ykXPÞ4ÄVY!‚Û¦>[6sÆåzã´¾ €º'»Š©:Ø('¥QñY-bMÁºêÀ 8e«ïåMÐöúÎÙQBlG "Nêó�a<�ë˜72ĪOšR¶¸V™Á�ÇÞµoMÔœ& Æäó<ù�mÞö ÙNBÓL¾j[¹bôž½h1›ìÝGÒ6ù¦ �Â#ͨwÂ_f„é &#8230;jmâM´8L°Šxšlãõ§-Q&#8230;´�'·�ªi)+rVÝÑÑñöñ)A™m[©Ôôƒ‰ÆÄ´Ò�ú¹:&ž '„Ÿ¤/ }†¼äã<êŠ-u÷Ê]C¬9�›<âÒäÒÖýúH'V4²4eé®ïFXÙÁ Ü!¬:9¿s¸»±›˜ø˜Ìþk&^BŸ™xù8oâã1,1ñQë±V®HBw�;ñ÷ë#5ñQßé‰×]ßwâkÏÄ3údú$")Œ±¢ØqûE1&#8230;' Ô�€ñîÊ°ã†Â »UUƒÌ-U"ÔåÄT†®Ôò ¨åë†L¥ºÒÿ„Ú*Q«EÞ¶´_òFË¡-÷ôeø\¯äWtm³`ûL·O&#8230;ÛåqdÆ-W·BöC�Ï脧ÇôÔB«ù"OÀGÅBÛì�´²¾ªÏ4$¶ÓÆWÈ£€)1F  ×&#8230;Ûv0*(aæà«ì$„2„Ne+•Ž‡MÈh�„-wÁ)*MfÏøŒŸñ�¡‹¶ÌùŸÎÀí�‹!¹,àM&#8230;ùÔAù!<¤D'HhÊ�ÙšŠ<¾rwÏM *Ž3Ä;Í��²~KxǨgÑ[B«¾ò©,![rG}‚
There's about 20 more lines of it, I just didn't think it necessary to post the rest.

Swirltop and Psychoshredder.......I have no idea what you guys wrote to me.

#45 ·
Back on topic.......

I do love being on Jemsite because of the exact reasons you have all previously mentioned. For a guy that knew absolutely nothing about "social media" or internet groups, Jemsite truly opened my eyes to a global perspective of the world. Not only about guitars/ music/gear, but also world views, humor, compassion, and morality. I may have opened this thread because I was irked, and in some ways I am now even more. Really only 14 contributors?

I think the only reason I complain is that Jemsite IS my "crack". There are people that can quote sports statistics going back 50 years or more. There are people that can tell you every part that ever came on any given Chevrolet, it's part number, and where it was produced........... I have Jemsite.

On a related note: I'm not able to receive PM's lately. The last two that were sent to me opened to this--

There's about 20 more lines of it, I just didn't think it necessary to post the rest.

Swirltop and Psychoshredder.......I have no idea what you guys wrote to me.
I just got that same message from you!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.