<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:06 PM

When will we get a real rock/metal music television channel??

When will we get a real rock television channel??Ok Im 33 and use to watch mtv back when it was great! Not so much the last 17 years because there's not really much rock or metal on there these days. VH1 has some great rock, so I am truly happy for that. I am not a big country guy but my wife loves it so I have sat threw more than a few cmt awards and I give them great credit for still maintaining real music with real bands playing actual instruments. So why no music television for just metal and rock of modern times, I like the stuff I grew up listing to from the 80s 90s and so on, hell I like a lot of the new metal and rock coming out these days! I would think there would be a great market for this. So what do you guys think?
Old 12-09-2012, 01:16 AM
(a)
RGTFanatic  is online

Reviews: 2

Re: When will we get a real rock television channel??

Sorry man, the only way your ever gonna get "Rock" TV is with "on-demand" type cable channels.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:29 AM

Wayne's World!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:12 PM

Reviews: 15

The closest we get is "That Metal Show" on VH1. :/
Old 12-09-2012, 03:17 PM

What's wrong with X-Factor?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:46 PM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Boy View Post
What's wrong with X-Factor?
Im afraid your not welcome on this forum and more

I used to enjoy kerrang when i was a kid, all they played was GnR, it was brilliant but now that has gone to pieces aswell!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:10 PM

I've just watched the UK X-factor final under duress with my wife and daughters (after an hour of guitar shape drills in another part of the house with my Ibanez) and seen special guest Rihanna "performing" her current single. I couldn't hear a guitar anywhere in the mix but guess who was playing his Washburn N4 with the "band"???????
I know I'm going to wake up in a moment.....
Where does that leave the Rock TV debate now? We've been assimilated I tell you. Lower your shields and surrender your ships........
Old 12-09-2012, 05:42 PM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverctr View Post
The closest we get is "That Metal Show" on VH1. :/
Yup. This! ^^^
And it seems geared towards older Gen X'ers like me. I don't know of any show that's had the likes of A7X, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, or The Used.
I think the best answer is to actively look for those videos and such on youtube.

Nuno has been playing with Rhianna for a while. I think he's going to work on the next Extreme album when he's done with her tour.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Boy View Post
We've been assimilated I tell you. Lower your shields and surrender your ships........
I couldn't agree more. Even MTV (Music Television) has been assimilated. Where's the music? Now we have "Jersey Shore" and "Teen Mom".
Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post

Nuno has been playing with Rhianna for a while. I think he's going to work on the next Extreme album when he's done with her tour.
He wasn't playing nor was there any guitar in the song, he just looked bored out of his skull while he feigned a bit of strumming. Shame - he was an idol of mine - once. Nobody in that gormless crowd would have known who he was. Is Rihanna holding him hostage? He looked like a caged bear, impotent and depressed. Perhaps he did a deal at the Crossroads that didn't go according to plan......
Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Reviews: 21

I'm betting Nuno is okay with that paycheck from Rihanna. Also it gives him some measure of exposure. As it was television it wouldn't surprise me if they were all lip synching and pretending to play their instruments. There's a gread vid on youtube IIRC of Van Halen faking it through "Pretty Woman", I think, on American Bandstand. I don't even think Ed or Mikey were plugged in. It happens.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:44 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I'm betting Nuno is okay with that paycheck from Rihanna. Also it gives him some measure of exposure. As it was television it wouldn't surprise me if they were all lip synching and pretending to play their instruments. There's a gread vid on youtube IIRC of Van Halen faking it through "Pretty Woman", I think, on American Bandstand. I don't even think Ed or Mikey were plugged in. It happens.
"A fat and healthy wallet doesn't prevent starvation of the soul.!

Anyway - back to the original thread. If money talks (as above) then no

Show/Hide Posting Rules