Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Who is this guy?

Tags
some guy
7K views 77 replies 12 participants last post by  Meechy 
#1 ·
Ok so I was looking up the trans- Jem pickups used on the 20th anniversary because I was very curious to what was different about them and I came across this guy

Go to 2:30.

What's this guys qualification? Is he like the athiest of woods? 90% of people think wood makes a difference, but 10% don't?

Wood makes a difference in a way that's not always blatantly audible. It can be evident in passages of playing, overtones, etc. I've never met another musician who doesn't know wood makes a difference. It's also a feel thing, sustain etc.

Is he just blatantly saying this to piss people off? I mean, who would he if he doesn't actually believe it?

You'd think that if he had an acrylic guitar, and another guitar with Trans Jem pickups, he would notice a tonal difference? I think it would be kind of hard not to. (I know you can't buy the teans Jem pups but you know what I mean)

#77 ·
Wow, this one has gone from something fairly innocuous to explosive in no time. Think it's time to kiss and make up guys. When the ad hominems start the people firing them devalue any worthwhile points in the post containing the ad hominem. It's like Godwin's law - as soon as it's broken the argument is lost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.