<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Polls

Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Are you a post whore?
Yes 6 14.63%
No 24 58.54%
Sorry, I didn't bother to read the post - I just came in here for another post credit. 12 29.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2012, 02:48 AM

Re: Are you a post whore?

There has been a distinct lack of post whoring of late. For which I am grateful.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:10 AM

Reviews: 11

Nope. Though when I do post, you'll see my name 3 or 4 times at once on the full forum page. I try my best to be useful!

I used to post whore more. Guess I just wanted to be known a bit
Old 06-18-2014, 11:53 PM

I know, I'm resurrecting a long dead thread. But....
Hello. My name is Michelle, and I'm a 'post whore'.
I joined 'Post Whore Anonymous' just today and I'm hoping I can recover.
I know it's going to be tough, since I'm so bored at work most days, but I think with support I can kick this 'over-posting' habit someday.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:02 AM

What is even the purpose of post whoring.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle am I View Post
What is even the purpose of post whoring.
Two reasons for 'Post Whoring'.
The first I think is the most common, you're looking for attention. Also known as 'Trolling'. You post something then sit there continuously clicking 'refresh' in the hope that someone has replied to your post. It doesn't even have to be relevant to the discussion at hand.
The second, while less common than the first is simply because you're bored out of your mind.
My new job involves sitting at a desk with not much to do when there aren't many appointments. I put new patient information in the system, but at about 110 WPM that takes almost no time at all, and now that I'm finished with school I don't study during my down time here (still debating about going on for a Masters) so I find myself on Jemsite, and other forums that I frequent 'whoring' my posts in hope of alleviating the boredom.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:26 PM

Reviews: 2

To answer the question posed in the thread title, no, I'm not a post whore. I'm just a regular, run of the mill whore.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:08 PM
(a)

BaaaAAAAMMMM!!! #2240
Old 06-19-2014, 01:25 PM

How many posts per week/month does it take to qualify? I am up there for short time I have been here. I used to post much more on other forums but eventually got bored when I hit 1,000 or more posts a year. But I have seen people who could put out 5,000 posts in a year and they definitely qualify as post whores.

There's another guitar site, oddly with a kind of bully (or two or three), who taunts people and he's over 20,000 posts. He brings on fights and then goes to town and gets off on it. The other site I belong to also has a very controversial and angry bully as that site's post whore. While neither of them have been banned, there have been many with far fewer transgressions who have been banned. If based on those two sites (one a top 2,000 site on Alexis) that I have been at for over a decade, mean gets you kicked off but off the charts mean makes you a hero.

I wish there were giant post whores who were nice but the ones I know of in huge numbers are basically bored cyber bullies who have nothing better to do. One was so mean I basically called them on it (and they proceeded to freak out) and I told them they were probably the kid who pulled wings off of insects for fun. I just guessed but it hit a nerve and it was evidently true! I guess they were shocked that their cyber etiquette outed them so much as a cruel human and it's amazing that they can do that and not think everybody will instantly notice. There's one on here who made fun of a Jemsite poster who had health issues for family or themselves which was pretty serious and sad. You will always have the mean ones and while they are not the whole of the site and its purpose, they tend never to get banned because many come to see what their next insult will be. What happens to mods on every forum on the internet is that if you post in big enough numbers and maybe make half your posts friendly and know to butter up the popular posters just enough, the mods will somehow attain a certain Stockholm syndrome and let them remain on the site no matter how bad the posting and taunting gets.

I don't mind people who post a lot, but I don't dig cyber bullies.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 06-19-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:42 PM

It appears the mods here haven't developed 'Stockholm' with certain former members, as these members, who I will not name, have been banned. And one was a real, how do I say it nicely? Prick? Yeah, that works. I never had any real run ins with him, but reading some of the things he said to others, my Lord!
I was just making a joke when I resurrected this thread. I've been a member for two years and haven't hit one thousand posts yet, but getting there.
I consider myself a 'post whore' because I've made posts just to get a rise out of some members on occasion. And yes, the double entendre is deliberate.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Vendor

You tease!

Only posting this because I'm a post whore.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:24 PM

Rich, I'm really surprised I didn't see anything from you after my comment on the 'My ibanez collection' thread.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Vendor

You asked me to resist, sometimes I play nice.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:30 PM

Wow! I didn't think you actually would!
It was a perfect setup.
I'll have to remember that you do have it in you to resist. Good to know.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therightjem View Post
To answer the question posed in the thread title, no, I'm not a post whore. I'm just a regular, run of the mill whore.

I know a few girls that you might get along really well with, in that case.......
Old 06-19-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianPCTech View Post
Wow! I didn't think you actually would!
It was a perfect setup.
I'll have to remember that you do have it in you to resist. Good to know.
Hehe "setup". Oh no, I'm post whoring!

Show/Hide Posting Rules