<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Polls

Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Could you be swayed to change parties?
Maybe. But my side would have to goof up HUGE! 5 19.23%
Not a chance. The other party could never say anything to get me to come to thier side. 12 46.15%
Yes, I'm on the fence now. One or two changes in policy might get me there. 8 30.77%
Very slim chance. Maybe an arrest of one of them might get me to change. But nothing less. 4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2008, 08:43 PM
(a)

Re: Could/would you change your political side?

I think we all have just to agree to disagree on politics. One thing we all can agree upon is Darin likes to create controversial topics and sit back and watch folks go at it. I say we make him spend the night with Hillary.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:03 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
of course it does... use common sense.
No it doesnt, you arent voting for the person you think will be better, you are voting for the person who represents a different party.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:03 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
I say we make him spend the night with Hillary.
No one should have to do that.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
(a)
Administrator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
No it doesnt, you arent voting for the person you think will be better, you are voting for the person who represents a different party.
you don't seem to understand what overanalysis is. you lost sight of the forest in the trees.

if you see no clear favorite you vote the person out. why? not because of "party". because that it MIGHT facilitate change and it clearly sends a message WE DON"T APPROVE YOU.

sadly the 2-party system makes people forget shades of grey... FORGET PARTY and remember common sense... glen
Old 09-28-2008, 09:16 PM
(a)

I get what your saying, but we just have to agree to disagree. Using the current people, I wouldn't vote for Obama just because I didn't like Bush and Mc Cain isn't much, if any better than Obama. Bush is gone no matter what, so you arent voting him out of anything. Holding Mc Cain responsible for what Bush did doesnt make sense, and reguardless of who I personally vote for Obama will win Illinois. No message is sent by not voting for him, there is just a face number that went into the "other" category.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:34 PM
(a)
Administrator

if you don't like bush and you don't vote for obama that means you must hold mccain in really high regard. BTW mccain voted w/ bush like 97% (what you're slamming obama for).

this highlights why our political system is so out of whack and why multi-term office holders get reelected. why incompetents stay in office, year after year.

it's because reasonable people become unreasonable when it comes to voting.

"i want change but i won't vote for the obvious guy because he won't change things as much as is needed, even though the other guy absolutely won't chage anything".

that's what you said in so many words. ;-)

bush will be gone? well sure in face and name but that's about all. who is pushing & setting policies? the same crew just have 4 more years to force their will... glen
Old 09-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
the same crew just have 4 more years to force their will... glen
Correct me if I'm wrong. Even if a Rep gets elected, there congress is still ruled by Dems. Just like the last 4 yrs. And the pres can do very little on his own.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:12 PM

This thread is just going to end in a fiery crash
Old 09-28-2008, 10:12 PM
(a)
Administrator

LOL. pres can do little on his/her own? ahem... iraq.

but either way, vote out your local senate/contressmen too. churn & burn these thieves... R & D (you guys gotta smarten up and lose the party ties)... glen
Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face

Let's look at politics like fast food.
It's not healthy for you, but we still eat it...

McDonalds and Burger King are the big 2 (Reps and Dems) and no matter how they spin their menu into looking like it's getting healthier, they are only interested in one thing...keeping you addicted to the taste and making money off you. If you die from clogged arteries/heart attack do they really care? Wendys, Taco bell, KFC they are the alternatives, but they all have the same agenda

They keep making the Kool Aid and we Americans keep drinking it!! We are happy living in the matrix...
Old 09-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
LOL. pres can do little on his/her own? ahem... iraq.

but either way, vote out your local senate/contressmen too. churn & burn these thieves... R & D (you guys gotta smarten up and lose the party ties)... glen
Didn't the pres have congressional approval for the Iraq thing? It's been so long, I don't remember.

The thread is safe, just don't become a party/policy hack on here.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:33 PM
(a)

Quote:

"i want change but i won't vote for the obvious guy because he won't change things as much as is needed, even though the other guy absolutely won't chage anything".

that's what you said in so many words. ;-)

Absolutely incorrect. One can not like Bush, but not like what Obama is bringing to the table. Obama while he may change somethings for the better will also change things for the worse. This is the same guy whose running mate claims that raising taxes is patriotic, and the answer to the energy crisis is to fill your tires. While I may not agree with Bush on a lot of things, I certainly cant agree with Obama on just as many. Obama seems to be big into the whole redistribution of wealth thing (unless it's his own money). I can't support someone that thinks they know what should be done with my money more than me. His global poverty act is absolutely wrong and not something I can get behind, and if he does get into office he will push for higher taxes to fund more social programs. So as much as I think Bush is a schmuck, I can't support Obama here either.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:48 PM
(a)
Administrator

cid - you're still hung up on "support". it's not a 100% deal, never can be. if you need that than sit out and watch but don't bitch about it

Darin, of course the pres had approval but that came with purposely false WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION data. couple that & more misinformation, pubic sentiment (get bin laden - iraq is hiding him) & making the terrorist attacks into a political game and approval was granted. Anyone speaking out against "Joint Resolution 114" in Oct '02 was quickly tarred & feathered and branded anti-american. Interestingly the vote came 4 weeks prior to election day... a political football a year after the attacks.

VOTING AGAINST IRAQ (note to elcid see "party line"):
http://usliberals.about.com/od/liber...raqNayVote.htm

2001 Congress
* 225 Republicans
* 210 Democrats

2001 Senate
* 50 Democrat
* 49 Republican
* 1 Independent
(in 2002 R gained 2 seats ironically 1 month after passing the war bill)

so yeah alot of gutless politicians crossed party lines and caved to the president & his cabinet, something that will long go down in history/infamy... glen
Old 09-28-2008, 10:57 PM
(a)

Glen
why would you vote for someone you cant stand behind just because he isnt from the party you dont like? Of course no candidate will ever be 100%. To vote for Obama, whether you like him or not, because you didnt like Bush still doesnt make any sense to me. If someone votes Obama then wants to cry about his policies, that person has no right to complain. The guy who sat out sure didnt put anyone in office.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:41 PM
(a)
Administrator

Forget Bush and forget Obama, you're going down the wrong path there, you seem to have lost focus. I already said if you have a clear favorite you vote them in.... if you "hate" one guy and don't hate the other the choice is pretty obvious.

I will state on record however if the guy you vote for is indeed the same party as our sitting president AND IF you believe the country headed in as the wrong direction then you are now co-captain of the titanic! Someone who talked themselves out of the better OBVIOUS decision because of theory and minutia.

Perhaps this is why you won't vote.

Either way, if you cast a vote, whoever you vote for will have flaws and won't ever 100% match your views. That is not a problem as our views change and we might be "wrong" on an issue upon reexamination and self-reflection... glen

Show/Hide Posting Rules