ESP VS Ibanez! - Page 3 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Polls
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:39 PM
(a)

Re: ESP VS Ibanez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeswift
I'd love to own one, but I bet it's very expensive. Ibanez prices are a bit more realistic.
When's the last time you looked at the high end Ibanez list prices???

I ~would~ go ESP for the sake of this poll, but ONLY because they will make you any guitar to any specs you want. I like the way ESP's feel. I used to own a couple, but it's pretty hard to beat a Jem / Prestige neck

I own all Ibanez and no ESP now if that tells you anything
Old 07-11-2006, 05:57 PM

Reviews: 7

ibanez through and through, though esp isnt far behind
Old 07-11-2006, 06:47 PM

Cool

Ibanez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeswift

I'd love to own one, but I bet it's very expensive. Ibanez prices are a bit more realistic.
looks like ESP tried to copy the Maxxas...but failed

I don't like that 3+3 headstock or the OFR, and I once played a KH-2 (neck through, EMGs, skulls etc.) which had one of the strangest fingerboards ever (square edges, no radius whatsoever)

Overall ESP seems to have a great selection of guitars that are just off, IMHO, the OFR being the biggest let down...the bodyshape of the Horizon is brilliant, though, I must admit.

Ibanez have a police to market everything under the Ibanez brand, from a GB2k to a GAX10, whereas ESP tries to protect the brand by marketing lower-end stuff as Ltd. (by ESP, etc.) I prefer the Ibanez' equality principle.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:02 PM

Seeing that i started this poll and havent really given a reply to anyones opinions or put that of my own, I'm gonna have to say Ibanez. prices are more realistic on Ibanez than ESP cause the alexi laiho guitar is very OVER priced......i'd rather buy a Jem with that. Plus you cant outbeat Jem Necks! Come on! and the tremolo's ibanez has VS those of ESP!
Old 07-11-2006, 07:03 PM

Re: Ibanez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin
looks like ESP tried to copy the Maxxas...but failed
Well I don't think they were trying to make a Maxxas replica.

Quote:
Overall ESP seems to have a great selection of guitars that are just off, IMHO, the OFR being the biggest let down...the bodyshape of the Horizon is brilliant, though, I must admit.
What's wrong with OFR? I thought it's the best trem with Ibanez trems.

Quote:
Ibanez have a police to market everything under the Ibanez brand, from a GB2k to a GAX10, whereas ESP tries to protect the brand by marketing lower-end stuff as Ltd. (by ESP, etc.) I prefer the Ibanez' equality principle.
I think it's a pretty good thing that the lower-end stuff is named as LTD because then you can right away recognise it and when it says only ESP you know it's good quality stuff and not cheap lower-end stuff.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredfreak
Well I don't think they were trying to make a Maxxas replica.

I think it's a pretty good thing that the lower-end stuff is named as LTD because then you can right away recognise it and when it says only ESP you know it's good quality stuff and not cheap lower-end stuff.
Theirs nothing wrong with the original floyd rose its pretty much the best available locking tremolo next to the original edge tremolo system.

My problem personally with the ltd name is thats pretty much all you see in catalogs etc. (which means thats most of what they are selling in the us) Its like the stigma epiphone has gotten, no matter how good the ltd's get theyll still always be considered the cheapo beginner model guitars.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:34 PM
(a)
Classified Watchdog

I think some of the LTD stuff is great.

You still get all of the good stuff on them, duncans, emgs, ofr's (at least a good portion of the LTD line).

I think the ofr is a great trem, too.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
ESP - right now you can get the ESP MII (RG15xx/25xx equivalent) in 3 solid colours (alder), 3 stains (ash) and in Camo, neck thru option, choice of maple or rosewood fretboards on the stains (ebony on the solid colours) and a choice of SD or EMG pickups and coil tap on the tone knob.
do you really think ESP MII equivalent is RG15xx / 25xx?
i own rg570 and played rg2570. for the tone... it's belong to MII.
maybe b'coz of the alder body on MII.
but the neck.... i still choose ibanez

mmm... i should look at the JCRG for the alder body...
Old 07-11-2006, 11:41 PM

Reviews: 6

ESP makes some solid axes but i dig ibanez guitars way better, then fender next in line
Old 07-12-2006, 01:16 AM

Come on guys...how many kittens do you know of that play ESP??

4 out of 5 rock kittens play Ibanez, and will scratch the eyes out of anyone that tries to take it away from them

Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 AM

Get this right guys, ESP Japan guitars are the most crazy guitars u'll ever see in your life.

I m not talking about those export models and those crap LTDs.

I'll place ESP JAPAN over my Ibanez .....but i wouldnt consider export models & ltd
Old 07-12-2006, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777
When's the last time you looked at the high end Ibanez list prices???
Probably about 3 days ago, since I'm looking for a new axe. OK, let me word it slightly differently; Ibanez seem to quite a few very good guitars available in the price range where there willl be the most interest. I'm not talking about high-end Ibanez, I'm talking about the fact I can go grab a guitar such as the Prestige RG2550 and know I would be getting a great guitar for the money. I can't say the same thing about ESP. Their guitars are either cheap and undesirable or slightly out of reach of the average person (those of us who can't afford/don't want to pay for Jem's, UV's, high-end RGT's, J-Custom's, etc.). From ESP, I don't see anything interesting in the crucial &#163;400/500/600 bracket. This is exactly why the RG has reigned supreme for so long!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:34 AM

Ibanez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredfreak
I should have been more clear on this, I can't stand the 'high' profile OFR, as there is a low profile version (FR-pro http://www.floydrose.com/pro.html) I don't understand why they keep putting the OFR (equivalent to the original Edge) on everything. Is it the fact that the FR-pro string spacing is 5% less??

I could understand it, if they put the OFR on certain signature models (if the endorsee prefers the OFR, I know some people on this site prefer the Edge to the LoPro)

If they don't use the FR-pro, because they think it isn't as good as the OFR, that is another reason to prefer Ibanez, as the LoPro is damn near perfect, the Edge pro comes close

The Ibanez trems (Edge/LoPro/Edge pro) also have a snap-in arm, and more importantly a separate knife-edge insert. It is very clear that Ibanez took the FR design and tried to improve on it, at which they succeeded IMHO. The Edge pro, with even lower porfile and intonation chips being the next step.

To me the trem is one of the most important pieces on a guitar and was the prime reason to purchase a Jem (and not a similarly priced &BMM/F&nder/G!bson etc.) The neck is the other strongpoint on Ibanezzes, I've already referred to the KH2 fingerboard, the good thing is they build a lot of heelless Neck-throughs. The bad news is that (for example) the neck-through KH-2 is ~$700 more expensive than the bolt-on, which is not an all-access type.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I should have been more clear on this, I can't stand the 'high' profile OFR, as there is a low profile version (FR-pro http://www.floydrose.com/pro.html) I don't understand why they keep putting the OFR (equivalent to the original Edge) on everything. Is it the fact that the FR-pro string spacing is 5% less??

I could understand it, if they put the OFR on certain signature models (if the endorsee prefers the OFR, I know some people on this site prefer the Edge to the LoPro)

If they don't use the FR-pro, because they think it isn't as good as the OFR, that is another reason to prefer Ibanez, as the LoPro is damn near perfect, the Edge pro comes close

The Ibanez trems (Edge/LoPro/Edge pro) also have a snap-in arm, and more importantly a separate knife-edge insert. It is very clear that Ibanez took the FR design and tried to improve on it, at which they succeeded IMHO. The Edge pro, with even lower porfile and intonation chips being the next step.

To me the trem is one of the most important pieces on a guitar and was the prime reason to purchase a Jem (and not a similarly priced &BMM/F&nder/G!bson etc.) The neck is the other strongpoint on Ibanezzes, I've already referred to the KH2 fingerboard, the good thing is they build a lot of heelless Neck-throughs. The bad news is that (for example) the neck-through KH-2 is ~$700 more expensive than the bolt-on, which is not an all-access type.

Oh yeah, you are right the Orginal Floyd is ''high'' profile trem and if you don't like high profile trems it might be a bit problem. I'm fine with all trems.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:23 PM

Quote:
OFRs have a hardened plate, they don't need hardened inserts. The Edges are cast, so they are softer metal, therefore they need the hardened inserts. It's also why the saddles wear out alot faster on the Edges, I've seen some where alot of the metal had worn away, not just the finish. Edges tend to have a warmer tone due to the softer metal, the OFRs are a little brighter.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, just clarifying facts.

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how many Ibanez guitars do you own? spacenuke Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 1687 09-19-2015 09:15 PM
Tell us about you guitar setup/rig Everyone!!! GuitarWizard Gear and Equipment 623 03-28-2013 07:41 PM
Ibanez & Vai timeline of events - working together jemsite Archived Topics and Common Questions - GO HERE FIRST 16 04-02-2009 03:38 PM
for trade , ibanez usrg30 j.arledge Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 2 03-07-2006 10:14 PM
FS:\ Ibanez HR Giger w/ Ibanez case NEW!!! rikkbeatty Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 2 02-20-2006 02:17 PM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29