ESP VS Ibanez! - Page 6 - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:51 AM

Re: ESP VS Ibanez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
I like to tease the n00bs who dig up 2+ year old dead threads
Exactly, please don't spoil our fun with logic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:39 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Exactly, please don't spoil our fun with logic.
Yeah, but you guys with only 2, 3 or 4 years on the forum ARE the noobs - some of us remember jemsite BEFORE the ".com"
post #78 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 12:12 PM

Now thats OLD SCHOOL!

Maybe you can help me jono, i've always wondered what colour dinosaurs really were?

Did you have to log in with a punch card back then?

Rock on!
post #79 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 12:49 PM

Dinosaurs came in MC, PMC and GMC. Some of the rarer ones came in graphic finishes that helped them hide in the rainforest

and no, no punch cards, we simply chalked a line on the cave wall
post #80 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008, 10:12 PM

I wish I still had my atd jemsite t-shirts.
post #81 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 PM

Both great. 1st choice Ibanez
post #82 of 139 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 06:37 AM

Reviews: 2
Smile Re: ESP VS Ibanez!

My only option right now is Ibanez. They are the only one for me.

What i love in them?

I love their wizard necks. The wizard neck rules.

Then I love that All Acces Neck Joint. It's unbelievable good. That thing is what made me give up neck-thru.

Also their tremolos are unbelievable good. I go especially for the S series Ibanez.

They rock dude they rock.
post #83 of 139 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 01:35 PM

If im gonna compare them im gonna campare the price ranges... For 500-600 I would go with an Ibanez. An Rg570 or or even an older RG470 beats the pants off an LTD m whatever. To compare the hight range guitars $1500 +... Id have to give ESP the props. The Eclipse and the M standards are fantastic guitars while theyre custom series cousins are extraordinary machines. The sound is chunky heavy and full while ive found the ibanez's to be a bit thin. Dont get me wrong I love the ibanez guitars and will always love them, I just feel that the ESP high end models are the way to go.
post #84 of 139 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 05:47 PM

Most of the Ibanez guitars that sound thin are due to the stock pups. Got an RG1570 recently with Tone Zone and Air Norton installed, the guitar can sound super chunky heavy if needed to be.
post #85 of 139 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 PM

Reviews: 13

ESP's kick the snot out of ibby. Their kamikaze beats any prestige, JEM ect the M2 does as awll. There is a huge selection of esp guitars (esp/ltd/edwards/ grassroots/ navigator/killer) vs ibby. Their craftmanship is also unparalled. Have you ever sen some of the stuff to come out of their custom shop built for Alfee? It is friggin awesome. The only place where i could see ibby having an edge would be w/ its hollow and semi-hollow bodied guitars.
post #86 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 AM

ESP is by far the best, they can make any guitar you wish to spec, people who give bad press like the action of the ESP necks are bad, i don't know what you guys are talking about but it's better to have neck thru body construction then a bolt on neck. with a neck thru body construction the sound will go right thru the guitar and give better sustain then a bolt on neck. also it's easier to hit the high notes because you don't have that chunkiness you get with the bolt on neck.

i mean like, the ESP horizons those guitars are so good looking, they have everything a guitar should need, the Thin U Shape to help play higher notes, Floyd Rose Locking system which JS uses who is also one of the best guitar players in the world and a maple top to add more sustain. ESP is 100% the best guitar, no guitar can match it with sound and looks the ESP is perfection.

all you guys at the end of the day can only talk about the price range.... well put it this way, i think spending 1300 on an ESP horzion FR2 is worth every penny it's like got everything a guitar should have.

Last edited by bladebc1; 02-09-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: need to impove my mark on this topic XD
post #87 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladebc1 View Post
ESP is by far the best, they can make any guitar you wish to spec, people who give bad press like the action of the ESP necks are bad, i don't know what you guys are talking about but it's better to have neck thru body construction then a bolt on neck i mean like the ESP horizons those guitars are so good looking, they have everything a guitar should need, the Thin U Shape to help play higher notes, Floyd Rose Locking system which JS uses who is also one of the best guitar players in the world and a maple top to add more sustain. ESP is 100% the best guitar, no guitar can match it with sound and it's look the ESP is perfection.
WRONG.
post #88 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Banned

ive never had or played a esp,so cant comment,but ive had other guitars like peavey and jackson but sold them so i could buy a ibanez.so theres my answer there
post #89 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
WRONG.
why is it worng... i'll like you to explain that.
post #90 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 10:32 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: ESP VS Ibanez!

I'd have to say Ibanez, simply because I have yet to play a nicer, better sounding, more reliable instrument than my 89 77FP. Because of that I have to give it to Ibanez...Having said that, I have owned several ESP and LTD guitars, and they are quite nice.

Tags
alder body , alexi laiho , coil tap , custom shop , edge trem , edge tremolo system , esp mii , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , ibanez guitars , ibanez trem , jem neck , les paul , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , music store , neck thru , playing guitar , production model , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , scalloped neck , sounding guitar , strat style , strat style guitar , tremolo system , vintage strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode