ESP VS Ibanez! - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

ESP VS Ibanez!

Ok heres the deal, Me and my friend have been discussing the finer points of both theese Brands along with they're downsides...I'd like to know your opinions on which brand is better in ALL FIELDS, Tone, Feel, Deseign, ANYTHING.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 08:50 PM

Re: ESP VS Ibanez!

Almost every ESP i've played, i've hated. The award goes to Ibanez.
post #3 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:03 PM
HoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by norvan
Almost every ESP i've played, i've hated. The award goes to Ibanez.
are you kidding me??? have u ever touched an ESP instrument with a price over 400 dollars?

ESP makes an insane guitar, and personally, I think their bass's ever even better.
post #4 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:05 PM

Ibanez for me and I've tried a range of guitar brands, still ibanez is the best
post #5 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:06 PM

Im also going to have to go Ibanez on this one.. I sold a Kirk signature a few years ago.. I couldnt get used to the neck and it wasnt the LTD series it was ESP.

I like Ibanez's they suit me well, now as far as orginality and selection the award easily goes to ESP on that one.

But for playability to me Ibanez gets the award.
post #6 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:09 PM

I'll bet that if you go to the ESP forums they'll tell you ESP. I'd be willing to bet my next bonus that the majority of people on Jemsite will say Ibanez.

This is flame bait.
post #7 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector
I like Ibanez's they suit me well, now as far as orginality and selection the award easily goes to ESP on that one.

But for playability to me Ibanez gets the award.
yeah... me too. i've played ESP MII, i love the tone... the original FR.
but... the playbility belongs to Ibanez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
I'll bet that if you go to the ESP forums they'll tell you ESP. I'd be willing to bet my next bonus that the majority of people on Jemsite will say Ibanez.
you right bro... thats why i'm here.
post #8 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 10:12 PM

For me, I am loyal to Ibanez and always have been. I have been playing Ibanez guitars for a little over ten years, about 6 years after I started playing guitar. I have 4 Ibanez 7-strings including a UV7PWH which sparked my interest in Ibanez guitars in the first place, and I love them all.

ESP however are nice guitars IMO, I like Schecters too, especially with all their beautiful 7-strings they've been coming out with.

Ibanez rules.
post #9 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 10:52 PM

Both brands have their "a-list" lines and their "chee-ite lines". If I had to go with one over the other, I'd have to go with Ibanez for the trems and the necks. ESP's good stuff is good...but the necks are too wide & flat, just like a Jackson, and the trems can't touch an Edge or Lo-Pro.
post #10 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Dee

Ibanez for me, otherwise I'd be on an ESP forum...
post #11 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 10:57 PM

Between Ibnaez and ESP, my vote goes for Ibanez. I just can't get into ESP guitars, maybe I'm missing out on something... but I guess I just don't care.
post #12 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 11:02 PM

ESP guitars get the award for overall style. Having played many Ibanez guitars (not currently owning one), I really can't say that they play better.

(I've never played an ESP before, so I would have to try one out to really decide which company's guitars play better. To be fair.)

I was originally hooked on the RG550,565,570, and 770 models when I started playing. However, I have yet to purchase one (or any Ibanez) due to the fact that I had very little money to start with ($200-$250). Now I am saving up to buy either of the brands.
post #13 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 11:08 PM

Ibanez for me also. Ive played a ton of upper end ESP's (I worked in a large music store chain for 10 years) and if Im looking for a "superstrat" type, the Ibanez line plays better. If I want a "strat" strat, I play a Fender, if I want a superstrat type, I play an Ibanez.
post #14 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 12:19 AM

Got to be Ibanez. Love the look, the tone and the playability of Ibanez.
post #15 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 12:46 AM

Im leaning more towards ESP on this one. Better selection of hard tail bridged guitars, killer looks and great sound. That said, I love this RG 560 of mine but I dont need a floyd.

Tags
alder body , alexi laiho , coil tap , custom shop , edge trem , edge tremolo system , esp mii , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , ibanez guitars , ibanez trem , jem neck , les paul , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , music store , neck thru , playing guitar , production model , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , scalloped neck , sounding guitar , strat style , strat style guitar , tremolo system , vintage strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode