The guitars you regret missing out on - Jemsite
Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 18
The guitars you regret missing out on

Everyone has those guitars that they missed out on getting and regret doing so. What are yours?

Ive got 3:
the Dean Lost 100 V:everything about it was amazing, and it was just as comfortable to play as and of my other guitars. At the time, I would have never considered getting a v-shaped guitar, much less one with a tune-o-matic OR a guitar with a cherryburst finish, but with this one I would have gladly made an exception for all 3 of those for that guitar. I never even got a picture of it

Next up is an amazing PRS SE 25th annie that was at the same shop(although at a different time) than the v. It had everything I was l was looking for at the time: blue flame maple 10 top, gold(but not too gold) hardware, bound neck, modern bird inlay(the one that's just the outline and the rotary switch for which I am a huge sucker for(it also had a spot of different wood(forgot which) that made the guitar one of I think 2 existing. And on top all of that, it was the same price as a normal PRS. I came in the next day(only the 2nd day the guitar had been in the shop) and it was sold.

And finally, a Jackson soloist with a cosmo finish(outer space designs), reverse headstock, ebony board, 2-hum with an OFR, from the custom shop. It was in the shop since the day I had first walked in(about 5 years ago a that point), and it was also sold the day I planned on buying it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: The guitars you regret missing out on

A 550DX PN right here on Jemsite last year.....
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 12:42 PM

J-custom RG Paint 2.

(Turned into RG PAIN!)
post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 12:46 PM

everyone sooner or later
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 07:23 PM

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death.by.G-string View Post
J-custom RG Paint 2.

(Turned into RG PAIN!)
You should be sad, my RG Paint 2 is by far the best guitar I own, and I rate it above the RG Paint 1, it just plays better

I missed out on a very well priced UVGR
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 05:50 AM

UV7PWH - got my first Jem instead, though.
Jem77GMC - store burnt down before I could snatch it, spent the money on a Marshall, which I still own.
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
You should be sad, my RG Paint 2 is by far the best guitar I own, and I rate it above the RG Paint 1, it just plays better

I missed out on a very well priced UVGR
Trust me i am!

Its been a few years since i sold it and it still bloody hurts.
Its hanging in a store now for twice the price i sold it for.
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 AM

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death.by.G-string View Post
Trust me i am!

Its been a few years since i sold it and it still bloody hurts.
Its hanging in a store now for twice the price i sold it for.

Is this the store ? they got it at 3000 Euros.... Looks like I made a profit I paid $1600 AUD

http://www.keesdee.nl/detail.php?id=1086
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 AM

Reviews: 21

The PGM301.
I avoided it because of the f-holes but I realise now this has pretty much everything I want in a guitar. Fixed bridge, HSH, Dimarzio PAF's, Maple board, and even the cool reverse headstock.
I don't think it would be impossible to find one in the future but it might be a while before I can pick one up.
I wish they made this guitar with standard RG controls and without the f-holes but... oh well.
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 04:35 PM

Reviews: 4

I have 3 as well....

Having a Ibanez catalog in my hand and having the salesman ask me "Do you want to place an order for a JS3?..." (I will NEVER live that one down...)

Walking into sama$h and seeing a UV77MC hanging on the wall the year they came out....and going back 3 days later to get it...and yep..take a guess....

Last year I passed up an opportunity to get a white PL2260....mistake..(I REALLY want one..)
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:00 PM

Reviews: 11

i probably wont regret this tomorrow but as im mad at my edge pro right now, i do regret passing this up. i was going to trade my rg1527 for a uv7bk green dot. i had serious gas for a BK and the dude was going to sell it and go agile exclusively (stupid, right?). turns out he never sold it, but he did give it stefphen carpenter style pickups (heres a pic if you dont know what i mean http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/si...e/stephen.html) in it. and they were EMG's. i could have saved it but i didnt. quite sad in my mind
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 01:47 AM

Reviews: 2

Severinsteelsmith's Rg770LB sold here on Jemsite last month....... If I had seen his add just 40 minutes earlier.................

And the "dude" that bought it turned around and sold it for a $500 profit........ I wonder if he ever even played it............

It's still tearing me up today......

Last edited by RGTFanatic; 02-19-2011 at 01:55 AM.
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 06:26 AM

Reviews: 19

An Iceman in a pawn shop in the late 80's, had the cash but wanted a NEW guitar.
Damn, bought some POS with a single locking Floyd and HSS.
Idiot!
post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Is this the store ? they got it at 3000 Euros.... Looks like I made a profit I paid $1600 AUD

http://www.keesdee.nl/detail.php?id=1086

Yep, thats the one!

(Im still concidering a hit and run on the damn store)
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:55 AM
DJR

stupidly sold my ex-artist EBMM EVH trans blue with rare flame maple neck during hard times, and then just to add insult to injury, it came back up for sale on evilbay a few years later during another equally hard time and had to watch the thing sell-on all over again. *nuts well and truly kicked*. However, I take solace in knowing that I would have sold it again anyway. C'est la vie...

Tags
dean , jackson , prs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode