Ibanez JEM Forum banner

How many of you name your instruments?

How many of you name your instruments?

20K views 116 replies 53 participants last post by  yonas 
#1 ·
and what are their names? And before I get a thread full of names like Mr. Winky or the Italian Stallion let me clarify that I am talking about MUSICAL instruments! ;) B.B. King has his beloved Lucille so what do you all got?

#2 ·
My original RG550RF was called Mr. Angry. The 20th is called "Lady" (LOL) because she's a beauty, and me and my own lady always laugh when people call their pet (usually a dog) that name.

I still haven't thought of a name for my RG750 or my Squier Jazz bass. I think I'll call the bass Mitsuru (the name of one of my favourite bass players, a Japanese guy called Mitsuru Sutoh).

#3 ·
My original RG550RF was called Mr. Angry. The 20th is called "Lady" (LOL) because she's a beauty, and me and my own lady always laugh when people call their pet (usually a dog) that name.

I still haven't thought of a name for my RG750 or my Squier Jazz bass. I think I'll call the bass Mitsuru (the name of one of my favourite bass players, a Japanese guy called Mitsuru Sutoh).
:D Cool! I don't have a name for any of mine. I call my Roadstar my baby but that's not really a name, but if/when I finally ever get my RG550 reissue, I will have to name it after you because your review is what got me gassing so badly for the reissue! :D

#5 · (Edited)
Don't be! I'm mad at you! Because of your review I haven't been able to spend money for months! :evil: ;) :D When I finally get my RG550 reissue, I'll always cuss it out first for making me wait so long, but then I'll kiss it after that! ;) hehehe

You know I'm just teasing you Dee!! You know I love you to death really! mua! I think Mitsuru is a cool name! :D Maybe I'll start calling my black little Gio Mr. Spock! It's headstock is so pointy like Spock's ears! ;) hehe

#19 ·
Ohhh, here we go with the names:

Jem20th- Isabella
77FP- Princess
7RB- Lucy
777SK- Sasha
777DY- Chloe
77PMC- Audry
777LNG- Elizabeth
Taylor GC5- Clementine
60's Reissue Custom Shop Strat (Daphne Blue)- Tiffany

777DY being reswirled with Herc, not named yet
777VBK haven't gotten from Rich yet, also not named

And I call my dong "soup can"

#52 ·
LOL Your son sounds so cute! hehehe

Well... after years of never naming any of my guitars I now have one guitar with 3 names! :D My new RG550 named Dee a.k.a. Sunshine a.k.a. "the twat tamer" Sheesh, my other guitars are going to get jealous! I hope there isn't a coup d'etat in my closet! hehehe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.