<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Polls

Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Joe Stump Vs Yngwie malmsteen
Joe stump 24 17.52%
Yngwie Malmsteen 113 82.48%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2006, 05:26 PM

Re: Joe stump Vs Yngwie Malmsteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivera213
No i aint Stump's bitch, but we can all hope i guess.......

Does it make me wrong expressing my views on the 2 & for arguing Stump's case when most people who say he copies Yngwie don't know any facts?!!!

No, So shut up.

Zakk Wylde is **** man. He should be good for playing for 20 years..... but he aint!!!!!
So what if people think Stump copies Yngwie. People have an opinion and no amount of you arguing like a 13 year old kid on a message board is going to change that opinion.

So how about you just leave it and ignore it.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:31 PM

How about you aim that at everyone else on this thread too instead of just me!!!!!!!!!

Its easy to go with the majority. The crowd-factor, everyone folowing the many. I'm 21 & am free-thinking. Sorry, i'm opinionated. ****ing shoot me!!!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:58 PM

Reviews: 10
Thumbs down

Quote:
Who says he's right?! You. Some dude who's user name is "OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80's". You gotta be ****ting me?!!!!!!!!!! Plus, you're from chicago. What the **** would you know about music? Batio is your best player & he sucks ass as a musician.
You are quite ignorant! and to keep arguing with such an empty headed person as yourself is waste of time and energy, not to mention that you are quite an obnoxious rude creep, so why don't you go and throw yourself in the "Rivera"
and leave us alone "Nubie" Mods please lock this thread up this Rivera dude is going too far with his insulting posts!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:00 PM

Gotta say malmsteen
Old 05-01-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S
You are quite ignorant! and to keep arguing with such an empty headed person as yourself is waste of time and energy, not to mention that you are quite an obnoxious rude creep, so why don't you go and throw yourself in the "Rivera"
and leave us alone "Nubie" Mods please lock this thread up this Rivera dude is going too far with his insulting posts!!!
You're not insulting my name there by the way, you're insulting Mariano Rivera.

Ignorant- No, quite the opposite actually.

Empty Headed- As above.

Obnoxious- No.

Rude- Only when required.

Creep- No. Do you know what a creep is?

Insulting- Not un-provoked.

Right- Not all the time.

Wrong- Rarely.

Knows the facts- Yes.

Respectful of opinions even if they don't match mine- Yes, as long as there is some basis to it & not mindless ignorant spiel as a result of reading too much PR propaganda.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:53 PM
(a)

Quote:
I don't have a video camera. I've actually only been playing for 7 months. I'll maybe post something later on, but only when i am good enough in my opinion.
"I'll maybe post something later on" LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!

We havn't got 20yrs to spare mate. !!!

A piece of advice to you my friend.,,
Coming onto a worldwide community board and spouting off like you do is inadvisable for somebody whose only been playing for 7 months. There are a lot of players who are members here who deserve far more respect than you're showing.

A word to the wise mate,
A man who has not yet passed his driving test would be foolish to go to the Ferrari boards and talk about driving.

Ben
Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy
"I'll maybe post something later on" LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!

We havn't got 20yrs to spare mate. !!!

A piece of advice to you my friend.,,
Coming onto a worldwide community board and spouting off like you do is inadvisable for somebody whose only been playing for 7 months. There are a lot of players who are members here who deserve far more respect than you're showing.

A word to the wise mate,
A man who has not yet passed his driving test would be foolish to go to the Ferrari boards and talk about driving.

Ben

A friend of mine has been playing since he was 13 & is 25 now & he knows **** loads about guitar, more than most on this site probably.

I don't mean in 20 years, i mean in a year or so. Even though i've only been playing guitar for 7 months, i've been into music since i was 7 (14 years) & i know aht is good and what isn't & who is a good guitarist and who isn't. Zakk Wylde isn't. It doesn't take 20 years to get good at anything.

I don't spout off, i'm allowed to voice my opinion, freedom of speech and all that. This aint america. Members don't deserve any more respect than they show me, do unto others etc. I don't give a hit if someone has a go at me, just expect one coming right back.

People who drives Ferraris aren't drivers, they are rich old men who wanna get some young ***** before their pace-maker gives up!!!!!! Michael Schumaker is the only Ferrari enthusiast who can drive. Look at Eddie Irvine, he couldn't drive a nail into a piece of wood if he had a sledgehammer.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:15 PM

seriously, you need to get off of you high horse. you have an opinion that we dont agree with, get over it. there is no need to attack other players and members on this site. 40 posts a day later, all you've done is gotten on peoples' nerves. please find a job.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:51 PM

(Ignoring previous thousand posts)

I picked Stump for this reason: I have bothered to learn some Joe Stump stuff riffs (Sorceror's Apprentice) but have never bothered to attempt to learn Malmsteen's stuff. I don't particularly like either one's tone. I wish Joe Stump would ditch the strat and get a guitar with a tone that I like, and more fitting to his music -- e.g. more aggressive humbucker in the bridge slot would be a good start. (But that's just me.)

I found Stump's stuff to be more musical and more customized, while Malmsteen's struck me as being more like a concert violinist playing from sheet music -- very technically adept but too true to the old masters to be considered as being all that original. Well, too Bach-y maybe. "Too Bach-y" Heh. What I wouldn't give for a touch of Bach's talent, eh?

I suppose for me it boils down to Joe's music (what I've heard) being a bit more musically enjoyable experience overall than what I get from Malmsteen. I think Stump is the better composer, is probably what it boils down to, and in this, my opinion may be unduly influenced by that riff from Sorceror's Apprentice, which I liked enough to bother learning.

Edit: I saw a DVD of Joe Stump doing a guitar clinic sort of thing. Every other word was, "cool," and in this very pronounced New Jersey metalhead hipster (I guess) accent. It was kind of hilarious.

Last edited by Ferrous Lepidoptera; 05-01-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Well considering Friedman mentored him, i say no he isn't cos they have simiarities & Friedman was the instigator of Cacophony & has helped Becker out a hell of alot. No doubt he got some **** of Marty. I still like Becker, don't get me wrong- but no-one is really original.
hmmm so no-one is really original? Then why are we discussing this ?

Regards

André
Old 05-02-2006, 06:02 AM

'when most people who say he copies Yngwie don't know any facts'

Oh dear, I have a feeling your not going to get on with many people in this community. I think the votes count for themselves so we'll just leave it at that ...
Old 05-02-2006, 06:08 AM

Please people, if your looking for ORIGINAL Neoclassical guitar, Check out James Byrd - his playing is out of this world Nice one OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S, glad to see there's a Byrd fan fan on here
Old 05-02-2006, 06:09 AM

http://www.jamesbyrd.com/Byrd_WTO.mp3

http://www.jamesbyrd.com/Byrd_ThankYou.mp3

(these are the only ones i could find on the web)
Old 05-02-2006, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrous Lepidoptera
(Ignoring previous thousand posts)

I picked Stump for this reason: I have bothered to learn some Joe Stump stuff riffs (Sorceror's Apprentice) but have never bothered to attempt to learn Malmsteen's stuff. I don't particularly like either one's tone. I wish Joe Stump would ditch the strat and get a guitar with a tone that I like, and more fitting to his music -- e.g. more aggressive humbucker in the bridge slot would be a good start. (But that's just me.)

I found Stump's stuff to be more musical and more customized, while Malmsteen's struck me as being more like a concert violinist playing from sheet music -- very technically adept but too true to the old masters to be considered as being all that original. Well, too Bach-y maybe. "Too Bach-y" Heh. What I wouldn't give for a touch of Bach's talent, eh?

I suppose for me it boils down to Joe's music (what I've heard) being a bit more musically enjoyable experience overall than what I get from Malmsteen. I think Stump is the better composer, is probably what it boils down to, and in this, my opinion may be unduly influenced by that riff from Sorceror's Apprentice, which I liked enough to bother learning.

Edit: I saw a DVD of Joe Stump doing a guitar clinic sort of thing. Every other word was, "cool," and in this very pronounced New Jersey metalhead hipster (I guess) accent. It was kind of hilarious.

Well, New York City, but yeah he like Cool!!!!!

I'm not a strat fan either. He should get an Ibanez RG!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicus Furor
'when most people who say he copies Yngwie don't know any facts'

Oh dear, I have a feeling your not going to get on with many people in this community. I think the votes count for themselves so we'll just leave it at that ...
Well, how many "Best Guitarist" polls does Jimi Hendrix top?

And is he the best or even in the top 1,000?

I don't think so.

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jems and Yngwie Malmsteen - can Jems do that? RSVampire JEM and Universe Guitars 30 09-04-2012 07:27 AM
FS Yngwie Malmsteen tab and posters gunkungfu Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 6 11-22-2005 11:15 AM
Yngwie Malmsteen DVD wilch Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours 23 09-11-2003 09:48 AM
Yngwie Malmsteen - YM Humbucker? RSVampire Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 13 08-07-2001 03:18 PM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29