Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Lo-TRS or Edge 3

8K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  DUCK YOU SUCKERS 
#1 ·
Which is best of the worst?! GO.

#4 ·
Lo-TRS, like what's on the Japanese RG470s. I believe those are the original Lo-TRS'. I have a 470 with a TRS (I believe original) and a newer Indonesian RG with the Edge 3. The Edge 3 is garbage, imo.. Its not nearly as tuning stable as the TRS, and the mechanism that holds the trem arm in place is disgusting. (Not that the screw in arm on the TRS is "good" by any means.) Though naturally, the Edge Original on my 7620 destroys them both. :p

#6 ·
Really now? Guess I learned something. Mines a '99, must be a TRSII. I still favor it to the edge 3, it just feels much smoother to me. The Edge 3 just *feels* like its going out of tune when I push down or pull up too far.. Just out of curiosity, would an Edge Original drop right into a 470 as a replacement? I love everything about that guitar (after upgrading the electronics) but an Edge Original would pull it all together.. :)

#9 ·
So, it seems my best option would be to opt for a FR original. You said you had to route for yours to fit in, but they said no mods are required.. What if I got a Schaller Floyd Rose? Isnt that essentially just a floyd original but a bit smaller? Would that drop right in? Thanks guys :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.