<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Polls

Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Priest Vs. Maiden
Judas Priest 12 26.67%
Iron Maiden 33 73.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2012, 12:12 AM

Re: Priest v. Maiden

Rob Halford - Best Vocalist ever ...Bruce doesn't cut it for me!!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidley View Post
Maiden - Reached their creative peak at Seventh Son, and thereafter have done nothing even remotely as original, and at one point descended into laughable self-parody. Add to that a singer who has been atrocious for at least 20 years.

Priest - Pre-date Maiden by at least a decade, and had a huge influence on them. Have changed their style through the ages while remaining original and true to their back catalogue. One of the most influential bands in Metal.
I have to agree with you somewhat on Maiden. Bruce's voice is painful to listen to now that he can't reach the high notes. I bought a few albums post Seventh Son but nothing has the same spark as the earlier stuff with Bruce.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidley View Post
Maiden - Reached their creative peak at Seventh Son, and thereafter have done nothing even remotely as original, and at one point descended into laughable self-parody. Add to that a singer who has been atrocious for at least 20 years.

Priest - Pre-date Maiden by at least a decade, and had a huge influence on them. Have changed their style through the ages while remaining original and true to their back catalogue. One of the most influential bands in Metal.
Very Very good quote:Priest do pre-date Maiden by a decade and are far superior and listenable than Maiden ever will be.Maiden did try to model themselves slightly to Priest,and while they still fill arenas,because they have the imagery of Eddie (which is cool to the younger crowd)But,alass ,never forget Judas Priest is the King #1 ,and the first Metal band that every band was trying to be like.They started the leather and studs and bringing a bike up on stage.Many singers tried to sing like Halford...but failed.Halford in my opion is the #1 vocalist of all time.
I had the first 2 Maiden records...but after that I never could really like Maiden.They do have a few songs I like.But,the majority of Priest songs I really like.Priest really have not put out a good studio Cd in years , but they put on a great live show!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:52 AM

Iron Maiden...I like the guitar work better!!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:45 AM
(a)

Definitely Maiden except more recent Blaze stuff but there are 2 Priest songs that have amazing memories/feelings for me. Blood Red Skies for that chilled out, I want to beat something feeling and Painkiller when I flat out just want to kill something.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:18 PM

Personally, I'm caught in the middle.

I love alot of priest songs, especially their heavier stuff (like the album painkiller, not a single bad song on that album) but I also like most Maiden stuff up to Fear of the dark.

To me, the winner here is Priest, only because They are the beginning of a metal sound that has no connection to jazz or the blues at all. They are the founders of true heavy metal (even though the sound of heavy metal was started by Sabbath, Sabbath was still very jazz-influenced, something that does not exist in Priest's sound).
Old 04-07-2013, 06:40 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face

I do love both bands, but breaking down what are my favorite albums
Iron Maiden: Wasted Years lineup
Bruce Dickinson-Technically the better singer an 8.5 on the vocal scale overall, including any singer from any genre...A 5.5 on the overall vocal scale
Dave Murray-Equal in the guitar categories
Adrian Smith-Equal in the guitar categories
Steve Harris-Head and shoulders in a different league than his Priest counterpart
Nicko McBrain-Technically better than all other Priest drummers excluding Scott Travis who is his peer rather than a subservient...

Judas Priest: Screaming For Vengeance lineup
Rob Halford-A screamer with a wide range, but his voice fails to have the trained quality to it that one would hope for. He is the true metal god though, as he personifies all that is "metal"
KK Downing-Equal in the guitar categories
Glen Tipton-Equal in the guitar categories
Ian Hill-Typical 80's bassist riding the "E" string. Probably the least proficient on his instrument of any past member from either band
Dave Holland-In over his head with this (and all Priest) material...

Having said all this, I know Nicko, and he's a hell of a guy and even more amazing as a player than you see with Maiden...Although of equal technical abilities, I prefer the guitarists in Maiden as I feel their solo work is more cognitive of the song and therefor fits it better...Lastly, the way they treated Janick by keeping him in the band to include 3 guitarists I felt showed great loyalty...

And with Judas Priest? Three words-Johnny B. Goode! WTF

My vote is for Maiden...
Old 04-07-2013, 06:47 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Personally, I'm caught in the middle.

I love alot of priest songs, especially their heavier stuff (like the album painkiller, not a single bad song on that album) but I also like most Maiden stuff up to Fear of the dark.

To me, the winner here is Priest, only because They are the beginning of a metal sound that has no connection to jazz or the blues at all. They are the founders of true heavy metal (even though the sound of heavy metal was started by Sabbath, Sabbath was still very jazz-influenced, something that does not exist in Priest's sound).

Dying To Meet You-Judas Priest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSzN964QURE

Pretty jazzy if you ask me...
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM

Maiden. No questions asked.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:21 AM
(a)

Maiden no doubt
Old 07-19-2013, 01:12 AM

Reviews: 11

Cannibal Corpse.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:13 AM

Reviews: 11

Real answer:

Both. I like the Priest's vocals more and I like Maidens music more.

They should combine!
Old 07-21-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post

Dying To Meet You-Judas Priest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSzN964QURE

Pretty jazzy if you ask me...
I'm talking in general. Diamonds and rust is the furthest thing from a typical priest-like metal song but that's one of their signature songs. Of course there is influence from jazz and blues but the basics to the construction of their music is no longer based in the blues, it is its' own sound.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:09 PM

I love some Maiden songs and I love some Priest songs. I'm really dislike some Maiden songs and I really dislike some Priest songs as well. I'm not really indifferent to either, I either love it or hate it. I just like more Maiden songs than Priest so they win for me.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:50 PM

Both. Classics.

Tags
iron maiden, judas priest

Show/Hide Posting Rules