<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Polls

Polls Create forum Polls here or vote in existing polls.

View Poll Results: Which band/artist needs to hang up the towel?
Alice in Chains 9 5.77%
The Who 30 19.23%
Aerosmith 30 19.23%
U2 32 20.51%
Alice Cooper 14 8.97%
Bob Dylan 28 17.95%
ZZ Top 10 6.41%
Metallica 37 23.72%
AC/DC 20 12.82%
Megadeth 10 6.41%
Anthrax 8 5.13%
Eric Clapton 16 10.26%
Slayer 20 12.82%
KISS 52 33.33%
Other (comment below) 31 19.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2012, 01:14 AM

Re: Which band should hang up the towel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.smilesthekille View Post
joe bonamassa, guthrie govan, kerrie king, dave grohl, chuck berry, joe perry,
eddy van halen, slash, buckethead, john petrucci, richie blackmore, jimmy page, kirk hammet,
dave mustaine, james hetfield, chris brotherick, jason becker, paul gilbert, yngwie malmsteen, steve vai, joe satriani, marty friedman, randy rhoads, shawn lane, dimebag darrel, eric clapton, david gilmore, eric johnson, bb king, carlos santana, stevie ray vaughn, mark knopfler, peter frampton, zack wylde, tony iommy, jeff beck, micheal angelo batio, mick thompson, jim root, gary moore, keith richards, richard krupse, ted nudgent, billy gibbons or ace frehley. is why I play guitar
You made your point, but seriously... Keith Richards??

Old 01-27-2012, 08:45 AM

Reviews: 1

Van Halen...
Using Michael Anthony's vocal tracks live and he's not in the band?
They write a disposable album just for an excuse to tour.
Im just not feeling it. Let the legacy speak for itself and go out on top instead of dwindle into pathetic-ness.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 PM

It's great to keep on going and all, but I feel kind of embarassed for all the bands who just roll out of retirement for a few easy quid. And the Rolling Stones really need to find something else to do with their time these days...
Old 01-31-2012, 03:21 AM

I was thinking Chicken Foot.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:44 PM

Kiss i'd say.

I wouldn't say they haven't contributed a lot to the rock/music spectrum, but if anything, they would have been the last thing to get me into appreciating rock in itself. In fact, quite the opposite.

Reminds me of this movie where some kids went through a lot of trouble to get to the Kiss concert and i actually liked the whole movie EXCEPT when they got to the concert. I believe it was the original band playing in the movie and well... when they got there i didn't really get it through my head why would they ruin such a great sequence of events with a lame ass topping like that. But meh, each to their own i guess.

Back then i was young and dumb, but lucky for me all i knew about rock back then was buckethead thanks to my neighbor who doesn't play music himself, but knows more about music than anyone else i've met. And comparing buckethead to kiss is like comparing a diamond to 4 lumps of coal... both are made of the same stuff, but one just isn't worth ****.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:55 AM

@Xibalba I couldn't help laughting about the diamond comparison, and I would agree with you about the kiss now but kiss with ace frehley was 3 pieces of coal and 1 diamond, ace was really great. I don't concider myself as a kiss fan, more of an ace fan!!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:29 PM

You know your probably right on that one, i guess i was being a little too harsh
Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 AM

Most of them that are in the list :P
Old 03-19-2012, 02:17 PM

I voted "other" because I would say Guns N Roses. At least Axl should come up with a new name now and stop relying on the nostalgia of the old band. If not for GnR, then I would vote for Van Halen. Bringing back Roth is pathetic. The one song that has been played on radio is supposedly one of their old songs or music or whatever from the 70's, just with new lyrics and a few new licks. Whatever, it's lame and those guys should hang it up. At least Hagar new to run when the time was right and he still has good stuff going on with his new band and his party band.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:42 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedawk View Post
I voted "other" because I would say Guns N Roses. At least Axl should come up with a new name now and stop relying on the nostalgia of the old band. If not for GnR, then I would vote for Van Halen. Bringing back Roth is pathetic. The one song that has been played on radio is supposedly one of their old songs or music or whatever from the 70's, just with new lyrics and a few new licks. Whatever, it's lame and those guys should hang it up. At least Hagar new to run when the time was right and he still has good stuff going on with his new band and his party band.
Got a new name for Axl when he's REALLY old...Gums'n Noses
Old 03-19-2012, 11:44 PM

Reviews: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedawk View Post
Actually, the new album has some great b-sides.

Don't get Mi wrong... Wolfy can't hold a candle to M.Anth live. With that, Studio Magick made the album more than listenable, though.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:12 AM

mine was Other..... the band is..... KORN
Old 07-05-2012, 02:07 AM

Reviews: 15

As much as I love Metallica, I want them to hang it up just so Kirk can put out some solo stuff for once. I remember reading a guitar world article he did and said he's got a bunch of songs different from the usual Metallica thing.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:25 PM

Springsteen should go under 'Other' as well. Time to go to the old folks home back in Jersey.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Barnacle View Post
mine was Other..... the band is..... KORN
Agreed!! They were cool the first three or four albums,,, just my opinion but they stink now

Tags
bands, give it up, irrelevant, quits

Show/Hide Posting Rules