Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1990 JEM77 FP price

7K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  dragsternj 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Was wondering how much an early Ibanez Jem77FP in good condition would go for? I saw one selling for over $3.000 on ebay about 3 months ago. Anybody who knows?

Thanks!

#7 ·
Yeah, the average for these is somewhere in the $1400 range.

People on eBay seem to think JEMs are made of gold and price them about double what the market is saying they're worth.
I know, there are a few sellers that have several of their JEMs up for sale way too high. They keep relisting them for 30 days at a time, thinking they will get it someday, NOT!
I've even E-mailed some of them telling them GC has one just like yours used for $$$500-700 - 1000 less and they somehow think the guitar they have is special. These people just don't want to sell. When I was looking at getting a BFP I saw one on Ebay for $3249, I contacted them and they said the price was firm, so I bought one in better shape off Ebay for $2400. Shortly after they raised the price to $3449. They will never get that kind of money. I see a lot of Ibanez guitars for sale at the GC web site for less than Ebay.

#11 ·
I budgeted 3K for my FP.

I expected it to be around that, considering they were retailing for over $2800 new [ which i couldn't afford back then].

I'm a fussy buyer, & i knew what i wanted. It had to be 'as new' & i paid a premium to get what i wanted!

I'm a happy man, made possible through this site. Thanks Jemsite!

#13 ·
Ibanez made a lot of FPs over several years, they are not hard to find. When I was looking for mine at the end of last year, Oct-Nov, I was trying to decide between three of them if A+ shape. I see them for sale a lot.
Right but the OP was specifically asking about an early model, which would mean '87-'89, maybe '90. FP 15th is not the same as an early model FP. An original FP in mint condition IS hard to find, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make..

@coolngroovy thanks for being honest and telling the accurate market price that you paid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.