Ibanez JEM Forum banner

2012 Jem

16K views 113 replies 56 participants last post by  darrenw5094 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any news on the upcoming Ibanez Jem? I was hoping that someone had some information by now specifically, the new tremolo they were working on....

Thanks!

#83 ·
It's a color, anybody is allowed to like it or dislike it all they want. I just find it hillarious that the constant rip is "no more black and white, we want color!!", and when they give it to you it's always the same story, "anything but THAT color!!!".

I don't know what's wrong with you people ;)

#84 ·
It's not a BAD color, it just looks odd on a Jem. Sometimes I think the philosophy behind the Jem line is, "What's the LAST thing they'd expect??" Seafoam Indo? Done! Still, probably a better call than the Jem7EAFX. I'm sure it'll sell well. Just looks... odd.

#92 ·
I would bet that a Jem7EAFX would double or triple in sales if you took the silly logo off the back. And maybe even sold it in seafoam green.
I personally love the new seafoam jem. Very classy! It's Jeff Beck awesomeness with the high octane looks of a Jem. I guess to qualify my statement my favorite looking Jems have been this, the FP2, and the vsbl which is also very classy and strat like.

#105 ·
Imo there great bridges, the problem is they only put them on high-end guitars(more expensive) and relative unknown models(FR-models) witch makes it more diffecult to sell them to the (unknown) people.
I like m alot, more mass/more sustain. nicely shaped/nice handrest.
not as thin as those fender style bridges,and easy and accurate to adjust.

#103 ·
people will use/like any color Steve uses on stage.
True enough if you follow Steve that closely. There's probably plenty of things people like that Steve doesn't.

and i'm pretty sure he'll get rid of the indofoam thingy and will only play topnotch white MIJ stuff. period.
You're probably 100% right here though. He didn't use the EAFX or the 505 and I'm betting he doesn't use this live either.
It generally doesn't mean it's a bad guitar or ugly; it's just that you think it's a bad guitar and ugly. Different strokes for different folks.

#102 ·
True enough. Like I said, it'll probably grow on me in time but right now though, I think of 'a lighter shade of green' and wanna gouge out my inner eye.

As Steve generally names all of his guitars, it would crack me up no end if he named this variant 'PUG'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.