Ibanez JEM Forum banner

2012 Jem

16K views 113 replies 56 participants last post by  darrenw5094 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any news on the upcoming Ibanez Jem? I was hoping that someone had some information by now specifically, the new tremolo they were working on....

Thanks!

#63 ·
EPIC WIN!

fingers crossed for SS frets
I've always wondered why JEMs don't have SS frets stock. For that price new you can get a new low end Suhr with SS frets...

I heard that the new Jem will be "very limited and very expensive" from a pretty reliable source.
Pics...?

I wouldn't exactly call Jemsite a small group....LOL.
In the grand scheme of things it's a very tiny group. People here don't represent the majority of Ibby users by a long shot. Many Ibby users are oblivious to certain aspects of the company - even aspects of the more expensive models (JEM's, etc.). Just go to Guitar Center and you're bound to walk into some "rich" n00b with 3 white JEM7V's who wouldn't buy anything but that because he saw them in the catalog and they were expensive.

I don't know if there's a real name for this phenomena but I call it the "Xena Effect". There was a show back in the day called "Xena: Warrior Princess". I was not a fan but many others were. The show came about as the Internet was picking up steam. It turns out, not surprisingly, that a sizable part of the audience were lesbians. Unfortunately for the producers they didn't grasp the size of that "sizable" part of the audience. They decided to listen to the "sizable" demographic that wanted them to make Xena more of a lesbian character. After they made these changes (I don't think the character ever came out though) the producers were surprised to find out that the "sizable" lesbian fan base was in fact not all that large. The silent majority of Xena fans disliked the changes and dropped the show like a rock. It was soon canceled after that.
AWESOME. Learned something new today :) :) :)

I don;t know any firm numbers but it's a very big world and I'd imagine there are more than a couple million users of Ibanez guitars in this world. Jemsite's 20k registered, but in reality, maybe 1000 active users? Not even a drop in the bucket.
True, true, true.

#13 ·
It's getting awfully close to 2012 and no news of what Ibanez plans to do to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Jem. I keep looking for that. I'm hoping they reissue all the original colors.

Also, considering that Darren seems to be involved again, it is the 20th anniversary of the GMC and PMC...

#19 ·
A new swirl is a dream only we share...I doubt we will see another for a long time. As for a re-issue of the neons, they cannot and should never re-issue the LNG. If they did it would be plain wrong! It de-values the originals and offends the people who put hard earned money down on those guitars to own a limited issue. That's my 2cents

#24 ·
As for a re-issue of the neons, they cannot and should never re-issue the LNG. If they did it would be plain wrong! It de-values the originals and offends the people who put hard earned money down on those guitars to own a limited issue. That's my 2cents
I kind of agree with you, but at the same time, they reissued the UVMC. Imagine if you shelled out big bucks for an original ATD, then they reissued them?

When the guitars were originally released, only the LNG was limited. Why not do that again? Perhaps less than 777 as reissues. In any event, I'd love a reissue SK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.