Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Best custom shop to buy a Replacement Neck?

4K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  TMatt142 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

The seller that sold me the original 777DY neck bailed on me, so I was just wondering if you guys have an opinions for a custom shop that makes replacement 777DY pyramid necks?

I Live in Canada, so it would need to be able to be shipped there, and I would Like the best bang for my buck.

Thanks in advance,

Verus

#15 ·
You'll get those route circles with a lot of inlay work. The neck I got from Ernie has them, although they're pretty small. I'm sure with darker wood fretboards, it becomes something that you can't see. The pics on Nates website I believe are from some of his earlier necks and from what I've been told, he's improved quite a bit. Ernie @ ET is great to work with. You will however, if you live in the states, be at the mercy of the lack of strength the dollar has right now so you'll pay $500 + depending on options. I would have loved to try out one of Nates necks, and maybe I will in the future but I've already ordered a 2nd neck from Ernie. With that I at least know the product I'll be getting. Not that Nates necks are bad. I've dealt with him as well, bought a swirl body from him and he does a fantastic job with them. Timing was an issue and that was the only other reason I went with Ernie. Price-wise, I'd try out Nate.

#17 ·
Judge for yourself...

Also, Nate took care of shielding the pickup cavities for me when I bought the body (he suggested it). Which even though it's no big deal, I thought it was.
He also cleared my buddies two swirls he bought from Al @ O.O.T.S. So I plan on contacting him to clear my swirl from Al as well.

#20 ·
Judge for yourself...
]Also, Nate took care of shielding the pickup cavities for me when I bought the body (he suggested it). Which even though it's no big deal, I thought it was.
He also cleared my buddies two swirls he bought from Al @ O.O.T.S. So I plan on contacting him to clear my swirl from Al as well.
So that's an ET neck? How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

#24 ·
Thanks for the info TMatt, it certainly is a beautiful instrument :D

How does it stack up to an Ibanez prestige in build quality? Is it a JEM or Wizard profile? Any intonation or fret buzz issues?

Sorry to pester you with questions. I really like what I'm hearing about it feeling thinner, I think I might be sold on ET.

#25 ·
I would say it's the old Jem profile but thinner. I mean, it's really thin! Quality is really good as well. I did have a couple frets lift a tad as soon as got the neck but then again, the neck traveled a very long distance over a huge variety of climates, so it did dry out a bit. At any rate, it was a very quick fix. Neck/guitar intonated beautifully!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.