Ibanez JEM Forum banner

coming soon.....

3K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  TMatt142 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Hot pink I think! Freaking awesome neck!! Who did it?? And if you can, can you send me how much it set you back in a pm? I'm looking for either someone to build a neck or inlay my maple super wizard for my pmc. This neck looks absolutely amazing.

-Derp, i'm behind.

#14 ·
Wow.... That is ONE DEAD SEXY SWIRL!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME color combination!

Though I think I'd go with a rosewood neck to go with that body...
Yeah, but that's what makes it MINE! Besides, what's better than a custom based off of the very first Jems introduced.....

Incidently, I have another swirl project in the works, and am basically just waiting on the neck. That will also have pyramids but on an ebony fretboard... Ebony > rosewood...any day of the week!

#16 ·
Well, my basement is in the process of getting new carpet installed so proper pics will be in order once that's all done. For now I'll just show you guys a few pics once I got everything assembled. The main thing is I wanted the neck to get some tension on it and get used to it's surroundings. Pickups aren't wired up and it's missing the 5-way switch. This is mainly due to the fact that I plan on getting a pickguard on it. Thanks Ernie for a GREAT playing neck, thank you Rich H. for all the Ibanez goodies that go on the wood (I'll be ordering more soon!). I still have a lot of work I need to do to it so just bear with the condition it's in right now, I'll take care of the finishing touches this next week.
And I'll just get this out of the way. Yes, I put an Ibanez logo on my "Jem", no it's not a real one, and no I'm not selling it nor would I as a real authentic "Jem". I wanted a swirl and part of that swirl is the Ibanez logo on the headstock.

#22 ·
Deadly sexy looking guitar! I like the black mid pup cuz there is black in the swirl and the headstock is black so I think it all works together very well! I'm kinda partial to green swirls just cuz I love green as a color but that guitar looks killer - in fact, I think that is one of the coolest looking swirls I have ever seen on this site - unique and killer looking - I love it!!! nice work man!

btw, how was it dealing with ET on the neck? I know they're in Austraila so I'm curious about long it took to get the neck? I would like to get a replacement neck but when I went to their site I didn't see anything about replacement Ibby necks...

#25 ·
Well, I guess it depends on how patient you are. A lot of people tend to forget that there are a lot of freakin people ordering necks....and bodies...and complete guitars from him. If you go in with the attitude that "my neck should be priority one" you will be disappointed. OTOH....If you can relax and just let Ernie do his thing, it will be a pleasant experience. I will say Ernie is a top notch guy from my experience with him. As a matter of fact, he's in the process of doing a 2nd neck for me. His build quality is top notch and as busy as the guy is, he's pretty good with corresponding back and fourth with you. I had no problems with communication at any point during the build.
Build time was a bit longer than anticipated due to a computer melt down that he had on his end and you know, that kind of stuff happens. All I know is that when I became curious, or a little worried and would ping him to see how things were going, he always answered and was honest about what was going on. Yep, I'd definitely recommend Ernie if you want a neck done. This neck absolutely smokes!
Go to the "build sheet" on his site and fill it out, it'll show the Ibby specs.
Thanks guys for the kind words about the "Jem". It's a hit and miss thing when you build these things, especially from two different people. The neck pocket really bugged me for awhile but Nate did an excellent job on this body, both in the swirl and with the CNC'ing. I'd also highly recommend him as well. The neck fit perfectly with the body, no wiggle room at all, just a real nice snug fit, that also aligned perfectly with the bridge.

#29 ·
Well, the middle is really not even a pickup, just a cover. All I could find at the time was a body with a H-S-H route. Not that at some point, I may just put a pickup there, I just prefer H-H guitars over H-S-H. To me, red/blk Humbuckers only belong on DNA's...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.