Complain to Steve about the JEM/UV LINEUP here (no long winded rants elsewhere) - Page 4 - Jemsite
JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 02:54 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Complain to Steve about the JEM/UV LINEUP here (no long winded rants elsewhere)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
...BTW I think Kirk hammet had an acrylic guitar before the acrylic JS came out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 02:55 PM

Reviews: 18
Re: Complain to Steve about the JEM/UV LINEUP here (no long winded rants elsewhere)

I've never seent that before. I guess that tells you how much I care about hammett and his band.

Jimmy
post #48 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Dee

My friend had a home-made acrilic Strat copy in 1983 or something. It was bloody awful! Very heavy, and didn't sound very nice.
post #49 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:02 PM

Apprently this thing is going to be very heavy. As far as the weight specs, well, we'll have to check the Ibanez site for more details.

Jimmy:smile
post #50 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post

BTW I think Kirk hammet had an acrylic guitar before the acrylic JS came out, at least we can say it wont happen agian.
Actually the first acrylic or Plexiglas guitars came out in 1969 or 1970. This isn't anything new or innovative by any means.

http://www.danarmstrong.org/index.html
post #51 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
I've never seent that before. I guess that tells you how much I care about hammett and his band.

Jimmy
My freind use to make me watch their dvds while we were drinkin (we'd watched vulgar videos 1 too many times).
post #52 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:20 PM

Hey jim777..... that sounds like a serious screwdriver addiction you have there
post #53 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Where you been, Jim? Glen changed the thread title after I posted that comment.

PS: Well said.
He didn't change the title, Dee. He added a Bold clarification at the bottom of the post trying to avoid a repeat 20th thread!

It's no surprise that you'd be VERY vocal in this thread, Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
Apprently this thing is going to be very heavy. As far as the weight specs, well, we'll have to check the Ibanez site for more details.

Jimmy:smile
So what better excuse to get on the weights, Jimmy??? It's never too late ya know

I like the 20th as an anny model. It's all Steve!!

The VBK is my disapointment Releasing a production model based on an overage of parts from the prior production model seems like a cut corners deal by Ibanez. I mean this isn't your basic RG, etc. It's a top of the line signature model! Seems like the 20th was an excuse to "ease in" the VBK. (and use up the spare parts)

Smart.....????

BTW - Jim, nice use of the word paradigm in your sentence!! I love that word
post #54 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowbody View Post
I never said he was held responsible for anything... I think your searching to find something to get whatever agenda you have across. I'm simply saying something is not kosher if mister "created the seven string guitar" Vai is desiring to own and play acrylic guitars now, as only you have alleged Demiurge.

I saddle steve vai with nothing. The issue at hand, as I understand it, is come here and voice your issues and complaints about the jem/uv lineup. I really think you should start your own "Defend Steve Vai the Jem and UV lineup" thread so you won't have this problem anymore.
Hey, I'm just throwing in some perspective because I think that there is a threshold between reasonable expectations and expecting too much and it gets crossed often. Judging by your low post count that you're a noob, you may not be as exhausted as I am reading the dozens of threads that tantamount to "Complain to/about Ibanez about freaking everything."

Everybody has their pet feature that they like that Jems or RGs or whatever don't have or used to have and they want it to come back- I get it. People say the 20th is too expensive, yet decry the "affordable" Jem555 because it lowers the prestige (that is, $$$ value) of the line. That's why Glen wanted to consolidate all that into one thread so this board isn't flooded with this kind of stuff. I feel like there's a lot of criticism that is undue and that as "tragic" as it may be, Ibanez isn't as creative as the general public and the Jem can't be everything to everybody- too bad. Yeesh.
post #55 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:45 PM

guess i am the only happy camper that that thing is what it is, whatever you may think it is. If it would have been the greatest axe EVER i would have to shell out and justify 5k. Now i can sit here get myself a MM P6 and a PRS 20th and still have money to spend on the local hooker if i wanted
post #56 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem View Post
Hey jim777..... that sounds like a serious screwdriver addiction you have there
I could have said "I own 40 screwdrivers and can put my hand on maybe 3 at any given moment"

But seriously, let's try and stay on topic folks, just in case Steve actually pops in to read it. If the thread wanders too far off he might stop reading and miss a good idea
Old 01-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Icelander
This message has been deleted by jim777. Reason: keep it polite
post #57 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 03:57 PM

Angry Re: Complain to Steve about the JEM/UV LINEUP here (no long winded rants elsewhere)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
some dopey comment that a MOD removed
Cool it with the name calling dude.

Jimmy

Last edited by jim777; 01-17-2007 at 04:18 PM. Reason: comments
post #58 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 04:10 PM

Hmmm will there be new UV's? I've not heard anything on those.
post #59 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post
Hmmm will there be new UV's? I've not heard anything on those.
Magic 8-Ball says, "Outlook Not So Good."
post #60 of 558 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 04:17 PM
HDS

Back in my day we didnít have all this fancy Jem20th doodads, with your clear plastic and your Martha Stewart silly stringing. No~! We had swirls and neon geen, yellow and pink! And we liked it that way!

Tags
aaa maple , abalone inlays , access neck joint , acoustic guitar , acrylic guitar , alder body , basswood body , basswood guitar , basswood guitars , billy sheehan , black headstock , body shape , buzz feiten , buzz feiten system , buzz feiten tuning system , chrome hardware , chrome jem , clear coat , crystal planet , custom shop , custom shop guitar , dave weiner , dbk jem , death metal , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , double edge trem , ebony board , ebony boards , ebony finger board , ebony fret board , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , edge bridge , edge pros , edge trem , edge trems , electric guitar , equipped guitar , eric clapton , eric johnson , eric johnson strat , ernie ball , evo pickups , evolution pickups , feiten system , feiten tuning system , fender custom shop , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fernandes sustainer , finger board , fingerboard wood , fixed bridge , flame maple , floyd rose , frank gambale , fret board , fretboard wood , fretless guitar , george benson , gibson les paul , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar tech , heavy metal , herc fede , horsie jem , ibanez dealer , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez models , ibanez neck , jack socket , jackson soloist , jem custom , jem neck , jimmy page , joe satriani , john petrucci , john scofield , kerry king , kirk hammet , kirk hammett , led inlays , les paul , les paul custom , les pauls , local music store , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking stud mod , locking studs , maple fret , maple fretboard , monkey grip , music store , neck evo , neck joint , neck joints , neck pickup , neck pickups , paf joe , paf pro , paul gilbert , pearloid pickguard , petrucci model , pro edge , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , quilted maple , randy rhoads , recessed trem , reversed headstock , road flare red , root beer jem , rosewood board , rosewood boards , sam ash , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , signature guitar , signature strat , sounding guitar , srv strat , stainless steel frets , standard jem , steel frets , steve stevens , steve vai , string guitars , super strat , swirl jem , swirled jem , triple neck , truss rod , truss rod cover , tuning system , vwh paint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode