Custom Jem Blitz! - Page 8 - Jemsite
JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Re: Custom Jem Blitz!

Silver hardware shipping today. Update from the luthier:

"Well, it's that time. This thing in amazing. It plays so well it's crazy. Definitely one of my top builds for sure. Over the last several days, I've done some photographing the guitar for my website, adjusting action, pickup height, polishing spots, adjusting the neck, touching up frets general setup stuff and final adjustments. Tonight, I'll be adding the RFID chip as well as the truss rod and trem plates."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

A blog update from my luthier (with photos and some specs). Should be shipping any day:

http://caspersguitarshop.wordpress.c...ribute-guitar/
post #108 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 05:30 PM

Cool thread! Nice touch on the volume/tone knobs - very clever. Tone report also wanted .
post #109 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 AM

The tremolo and headstock feels wrong to me. It would look better with OE-tremolo and STD ibanez jem headstock. But it's not my guitar, so enjoy and congrats!
post #110 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

The knobs are to be replaced (standard ones right now)... a custom whammy bar to be inserted... and the selector switch will be chrome (not white).

post #111 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 09:46 AM

Reviews: 1

I don't know how much that will have cost altogether, but if I hadn't seem this thread, I'd have said "chibanez". Not a fan of this at all. Well, the handle thing is cool and all...
jono is online  
post #112 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

That's OK... it's not yours :-)... and the quality of parts on this thing could never be made in China. Nor the quality of the build and playing, which surpasses a typical JEM in my opinion (I've only played a few, and so my comparison is limited).
post #113 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 PM

Reviews: 15

This isn't really to my taste but I do appreciate the craftsmanship that was put into it. I do like the copper color on the body for some reason.
post #114 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Glow in the dark Sublime logo on middle pickup:

post #115 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

A picture of the back plate... hand engraved and chromed (the jack plate also will be chromed).

post #116 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 PM

I'm curious how the Sublime pickups will be when you get it. Be sure to post a review.
post #117 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

My luthier was impressed... he indicated they have a very unique quality... different from what he was used to... and the more he played the guitar, the more their characteristics came out. The characteristics really come out when you roll off the volume a bit... from high energy to unique tonal qualities. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be recording some stuff both clean and distorted.
post #118 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 04:20 PM

any chance to hear your baby make her first cry ?
post #119 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Just received it today. I have to play around with it for a while before I do any recordings... have to get used to its tones and nuances.
post #120 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Guitar received today. I must say that pictures don't do it justice, and particularly the quality of the metal flake paint. The feel of the fingerboard is the best I have experienced... perhaps that has to do with the ebony, but Steve Casper also makes the best necks I have played. Over the next few weeks I plan on recording some music and writing a detailed review, with photos.

Tags
casper guitar , jem , vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode