Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Custom Uni build .

4K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  matt012ib 
#1 ·
Another build from junk wood.

See less See more
#22 ·
Thanks ,

I got the orange colour by dying the neck yellow with Dylon clothes dye then used Nitro amber tint ( about 14 coats ) to get that deep orange glow . I'll get some more pics later.

Fixed bridge and locking nut? Why?
Gorgeous apart from that.
I was waiting for that one . I decided on the fixed bridge after I built the neck . Doesn't bother me at all :smile:

Very nice, how long have you being working on it?
Since the begining of this post , I started far too many projects at once and am now trying to finish em all . This is the actual neck and body at the start of this thread.

#25 ·
so you didnt go down the route of the £50 ones from around the bazaars on the net then? im toying with the idea of having a crack at building soon, but need to get my hands on a cheap router and a couple of templates first! no point in spunking out the big bucks if its not something i can do! :p

#30 ·
I am extremely impressed with this build. I love looking at peoples builds to admire fine craftsmanship and get inspiration as one day I'd like a custom guitar built, and these threads are full of interesting and original ideas. Really nice looking guitar, Ibanez should introduce an alternative colour/finish option to the standard Universe (similar to yours), that would be great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.