<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > JEM and Universe Guitars

JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 PM

Reviews: 37
Exclamation

design a jem contest( lets see them designs)

Since the deadline is impossibly near, that even if you entered you wouldn't get them looked at .Lets see what designs you guys come up with.

Or if your scared just wait till sunday when it's officially closed.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:16 PM

Reviews: 18

Re: design a jem contest( lets see them designs)

I'll make sure to post mine after Sunday! Submitting them soon too. Haven't had much time to work on my designs!
Old 06-04-2010, 07:18 PM

Reviews: 5

Alright, I'll post mine again: the JEM520DEX!

Once the contest nears its end, I might be willing to divulge on the specs, which I think are way more impressive than the design I'm also working on a version with the vine instead of my custom inlay, I'm gonna see if I can add it to my submission.

And like I said, I sent my design in more than 2 weeks ago. And at this late in the game, you'd be a fool to copy XD

Last edited by EXshad; 06-04-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

I'll post all of mine on Monday...
Old 06-04-2010, 07:31 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
I'll post all of mine on Monday...
me too lol.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 PM

exshad. i would use offset dots in the yellow green and red that would leave the body more eyedrawing and not too much.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:36 PM

Hmm...that's one thought. Originally, the inlay was pearloid white, and I thought THAT was too much, which is why I made it a rainbow abalone pattern to sorta "blend in" with the body better.

But it is a pretty packed design... it's a double-edged sword, I guess.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:22 PM

As one of the people who submitted their design last minute (as in yesterday morning), I'm interested as to why the OP among others thinks it won't get looked at? Also, please note I'm not trying to challenge anyone, but I'm just genuinely curious.

I bet there was probably a surge of entries submitted at the beginning back in february, followed by a slum, and then a surge again prior to the fast approaching deadline. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to get caught up in the middle (assuming there indeed was a slow period).

Again, I'm just interested to hear other people's takes on the matter, perhaps just to make myself feel better for finishing my design so late haha.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:25 PM

The reason he said that is, because on the website, it was recommended that people do NOT submit their designs last minute, because they will be getting a LOT of entries (they think), and they might actually loose some.

Though I think that's incredibly unprofessional, since every entry deserves a fair-chance and some might be arriving last-minute ONLY because someone worked their butt off on the design... but that's life.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:29 PM

Good point, makes sense. Cross my fingers and hope they don't lose my files!

And nice design by the way EXshad, it will definitely stand out amongst the others I'm sure
Old 06-04-2010, 08:34 PM

I hope so too. I know I wouldn't want them to lose mine, so I don't think anyone should have to deal with that bullcrap. Unless, of course, they copied, in which case they deserve it XD

And thanks At that resolution, it doesn't look as nice as it did in 72 dpi though, plus I can see all the little mistakes. I hope I can finish a version with a simplified inlay to mail in, just in case.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:53 PM

Reviews: 11

Here's mine again...... drawn on 2 pieces of A4 paper. Sent it in ages ago via email and snail mail just in case they didn't get it (I just dont trust computers sometimes)

It depicts an abstract style Steve with all the black as his wild hair in the PAW days, his iconic necklace incorporated into the volume/tone knobs, the vai logo on the bottom horn under the whammy bar, Third Eye on his forehead as he's right into all that stuff.

Took 10 hours to draw by hand and is my only entry.

Named: Ibanez Jem 77,777V Abstraction (Double, Triple Seven V Abstraction.... mouthful I know but it rolls off the tongue somewhat)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JEMsite copy.jpg (45.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Macka; 06-07-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:44 PM

No one else is commenting.... I still think that's a really incredible design, and should fit right in with Steve's love of all that is strange yet stunning
Old 06-04-2010, 09:55 PM

I think this thread will become quite active come sunday...I'm too chicken to post my stuff prior to the deadline, as I'm sure are most people

And I also like Macka's design, it walks that fine line between classy and crazy
Old 06-04-2010, 10:06 PM

Macka the more I look at your design the more I like it. I keep finding new designs hidden in it that I love. I would have (as I said before) put in pyramids as the inlays (or something besides a vine) to simply clean up the fretboard and draw more attention to the body, which is the real work of art. Anyway to each his own, that just my opinion, and no matter what inlay this should definatly be one of the top designs based on what I have seen. Good luck, cant wait until monday to see everyones designs!

Tags
jem contest

Show/Hide Posting Rules