Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Frankenjem

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  CSwick_2 
#1 ·
The first neck that i've made from scratch. It would be nice to have a real jem neck to measure from haha. Any suggestions feel free to post them.

See less See more
#3 ·
i just kind of went at it and didn't think to much lol but i inlayed the copper so the fretboard is completely flat. Idk about the different metals but i don't see it being to big of an issue considering i made the neck out of stuff just laying around (including the truss rod). It is maple though with an oak fretboard.

#7 ·
It's a real pain to do the stitching and drilling lol and once you decide to go for it you can't turn back....my problem was is that i messed the back of the neck up and gave it a mottled look on accident so i decided to make it a franken-type guitar but after i did all the franken-crap to it i re shaved the back fixing it so now I have to mess the back up again haha

#16 ·
Wow. Gotta say I've never seen a guitar like that before lol Very interesting!

I don't know if I necessarily "like" the eyeball inlay (as if my opinion matters lol) , but that might just be me. Plus it's different and that can be a good thing sometimes.

Very cool either way though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.