Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Got my JEM 7DBK yesterday - ...and it rocks.

4K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Shreded Blues 2112 
#1 ·
got my Jem 7DBK yesterday (Rich is the man), and all i can say is hot damn, this thing is sweet. :biggrin: was a nice surprise to come home and see it sitting at my door. killer sound from the Breeds. definitely my new #1 guitar. i love the finish, but i'm not too crazy about how easily the pickguard scratches. might have to look into getting a custom guard and store the original. any ideas on a replacement? maybe brushed aluminum or something of the sort. thanks for any input.

#2 ·
Got my JEM 7DBK yesterday

hehe Hey Justin! Mirror guards just look nasty all scratched up, you see the scratch and the reflection of the scratch. Solid color guards will look alot better in the long run. Can't check your makeup in a solid guard though :biggrin: That mirror is part of the Vaiisms for sure.

#5 ·

Congrats. I got one in the beggining of this year and my guard is cracked in some places. But now looks more cool. I found a man that laser cuts a stainless steel and aluminum too. Looks good but i'm using a crack mirror one.

#8 ·

Congrats on a sweet guitar man. I love mine, but the only thing I dont love about it anymore are the Breeds. Not agressive enough for my tastes, but that should be easily taken care of after I get it back with the EMG's installed :) 81 in the bridge, and an 85 in the neck.

#9 ·

thanks everybody. mebbe i will just leave it. don't ever plan on selling it, so it won't bother me that much for it to look like i actually play it. then again, mebbe a black and white swirl would look cool. or black and mirror swirl (is this even possible?). now i just have to convince the wife to let me get a universe and i'll be set.

#11 ·
Congrats. It's the most vicious looking JEM up to date. Will you do the chrome vine thing on it? :wink:

P.S.
The mirror pickguard teaches you one thing. It shows how much grime and elbow sweat we actually leave on the instrument after we play it. All that dirt builds up into a haze if you don't wipe it clean. I started wiping all my pickguards after playing since I got my UV777PBK. (Not to mention the body too)

#12 ·
Actually I hate the "Phillips Screw" Inlays on it. They will do untill i get the Chrome/Gold Pyramids on it from LGM. It will look PREMO :D ! My dad can my Mirror or Chrome objects so if i break or crack my pickguard i can just have him make me an other one. Im also getting a Chrome truss rod cover with my initials ingraved in it. I wish i had a digital camera so i coud post pictures of it when it's finished :cry: ..........

-Mike

#19 ·
On the subject of pickguards, I took the mirror off of my Uv777BK, put it between two magazines(no not guitar magazines) and hit it with a hammer many many times. It held togehter because of the mirror stuff on the back and looks like it has spiderwebs all over it one awesome guitar. :twisted: :wag:

#20 ·
Shreded Blues 2112 said:
......also if any one is willing to help me out, if you have a picture of a DBK with Chrome Pyramids please post and notify me or send me a picture?? PLEASE! :D Thanx

-Mike
Well, this is kinda like chrome pyramids... I made a mock up of the work I wanted done to my DBK back in January... still haven't done it yet! I would rather have fake shell with the chrome becoming more and more apparent as the rest of the 'abalone' pyramid disappears. Anyhow, here's a link to the thread:
http://www.jemsite.insomnia-vhosting.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=65080&highlight=#65080

If you scroll down a bit, you'll see my post.

-Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.