Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Help me choose...Jem BRMR, 77FP, 7VWH, or J-Custom 8470Z-RS

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  SportyMusician 
#1 ·
I'm thinking really hard of letting go one of my Jem/J-Custom collections.
It's one of those tough decisions I have to make coz I can't justify my guitars just sitting there in their cases while the bank keeps charging me the interest on my home loan, and the fact that recently I just 'acquired' a new 'baby' aka wife (I always thought I'd only be acquiring guitars throughout my entire life lols) so my living expenses have gone up as well unlike back in the those days when I still had the GAS disease busy acquiring guitars and no wife at that time :D.

Cut all the craps out, help me to decide which one I should let go?
Surely you guys must have come across this sort of predicament before :p

Ah here we go the pic...

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss98/poseoff/Jem Guitars/jems.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
They are all nice, but I think you should let go of the one's that aren't getting any use. After all, it's only wood and wire. The J. Custom might hold it's value more so than the Jem's, unless that FP isn't a reissue and is your original late 80's.

I could suggest you let the 7vwh go also, and/or the bad horsie.

#6 ·
The Jem 77FP is not a reissue, I don't know how to work out what year it was manufactured.
But the serial number on the neck back plate says 160322, maybe someone can help me out on this?

I didn't know about the J-Customs vs Jems value thingy until I read your post , so I guess I'll keep the J-Custom anyhow, it's the least played/used though, coz I don't wanna let this baby gets 'hurt' at all :D

#7 ·
Yeah, I can see that VWH just keep comin up for sale on ebay all the time, even the pre-2003 ones with Ebony fingerboard. But boy this Jem is superb in terms of playability.

I'm now thinking to get rid of my Jems:
1. Jem 7VWH
2. Jem Floral
3. Jem BRMR

The reason I put BRMR on number 3 is because I don't see BRMR coming up for sale all the time, so it's becoming quite rare these days and it will be hard to acquire one back in the future I suppose :)

#11 ·
Hahaha you're hilarious!
The JEM W (W stands for the 'Wife') will never be for sale though, in fact I think she can help me to acquire more Jems in the future, or maybe cause me to lose more of my Jems like what's happening now :D

Alright thanks heaps everyone, I think I'll sell my VWH and maybe the 77FP, but the 77FP is in almost perfect condition, no dents, dings, scratch, nor the usual neck joint cracks, so I'm still considering.

#10 ·
sorry to hear that you're in the position where you have to part with any of them cuz they are all beautiful - but if I had to make the choice I would part with the 7vwh...as others have said - it is probably the easiest to replace down the road if you're in the position where you can...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.