Ibanez JEM Forum banner

how much is my 777vdy worth ?

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  the crafty mackem 
#1 ·
hi folks.i have a 777vdy 1990,just wondering how much its worth as i might sell it.its in players condition with the odd nicks on it and origanal case is missing.i advertised it few months ago on a site called gumtree for £1300,someone offerd me £1000 and he said he bought a minty 777vdy with origanal case for £1100 yeah right i bet he did haha.thanks fellas

#3 · (Edited)
Well it's nice to see you took my advice and made it over here ;)

And yes, I did buy a mint 777VDY for £1100. Not exactly unbelievable is it?

I made you an offer of £1,000 based on the condition as I fancied another to gig with. You chose not accept my offer, so I sent you in this direction to help you sell it. No need to be an arse!

Your guitar is still advertised and it hasn't sold? Doesn't that tell you something?..

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/ibanez-jem-777vdy-1990/96126805

The past three VDY's that have been on evilbay uk all sold for less than £1,100. You want to sell it, I'm only trying to help.

No doubt it's worth £1300 to someone who really wants one though, just not to me in that condition considering what I paid for a mint one.

It's a buyer's market at the moment, JEMs aren't fetching the money they were fetching a few years ago.

#5 ·
mr malam you know and i know this guitar is worth more than a grand,you offer was low ball,the person who sold you that mint vdy for £1100 must have been a complete dummy i bet you had a big grin on your chevy chase as you walk away from his house.as for the guitar not been sold is not everyone can afford a £1300 guitar,also i had 2 other offers from gumtree one for £1100 and 1 offer of £1150 which i declined both offers.i just thought you were taking me for a mug by offering £1000.but all that aside life to short and peace to ya mate.

#9 ·
I wasn't trying to take you for a mug at all. I've been buying and selling Jems for a long time, I made you an offer based on what I thought it was worth.

I am constantly hunting for Jems and see what they go for on here, other various forums and on evilbay worldwide. The VDY is a bit of an odd one, although it's one of the rarer models it's not the most desirable. I've watched quite a few VDY's on ebay and the bidding never goes crazy on them. Same goes for the 7RB. They rarely come up for sale, especially in the UK, but when one appeared on here & on ebay in the last few months it was listed for quite a while & re-listed on ebay three times before it sold. The seller also took quite a hit on his original asking price.

I pointed you in the direction of this site to help you sell it, you might have to adjust your price/you might not- depends how much someone wants a player condition VDY.

A little bit of advice though, when someone makes you an offer which is not entirely unreasonable- try replying with a mature response? Maybe if you had come back to me and asked for a little more I'd have increased my offer? Poor grammar and 'aahahahaha' as a reply doesn't fill a buyer with confidence. An honest description detailing the actual condition of the guitar wouldn't go amiss either.

If you're set on getting £1250 for it put it in the classifieds and hold out for it. If I were you though, unless you need the cash, stick it under your bed until prices rise again :)

Good luck, whatever..

#6 ·
Not everyone tries to squeeze every penny they possibly can out of a guitar...

Is it worth the extra 100 to sit on your guitar for a year? To me, it makes more sense to not be such a penny pincher and just give someone a decent deal while still getting close to your asking price. People who want players guitars pay what they're worth.

#7 ·
Not everyone tries to squeeze every penny they possibly can out of a guitar...

Is it worth the extra 100 to sit on your guitar for a year? To me, it makes more sense to not be such a penny pincher and just give someone a decent deal while still getting close to your asking price. People who want players guitars pay what they're worth.
yes couldnt agree more,i think i did knock off £100 to £1200 which i think £1200 is still a fair price,i know the time of day when it comes to these jems and know whats correct price and whats low ball.no disrespect to malm ive no doubt the guy knows his stuff aswell but i just wasnt interested in a offer of £1000

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.