Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez UV777 with a 1-Piece Neck?

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  RGTFanatic 
#1 ·
So im searching craiglist and i found a UV777 for a good price and i sent an email to the guy asking for pics. he sent me these pictures:

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa39/jimmypage1stfan/uv777/

Im just wondering why it has a 1 piece neck and not a 5 piece?! can someone clarify this ASAP. Is it a fake?

#13 ·
he said he will do $800, but i would have to spend like $200-300 on buying new parts for the rusted bridge, and new pickups because the bobbins are completely rusted as you can see. I asked him if there was any dents or scratchs before i got the pics and he said there was nothing that he could remember. But if you look on the back theres dents INTO the wood.

#20 ·
$200-300 for what?? all it needs is new saddle lockdown screws and string lock blocks. Throw in a new set of guard/cover screws and some neck screws and grommets and your still under $100. Add another $30(ish) for string lock screws.

Edit...I agree with Sebastian: $800 is more than fair for that guitar

#14 ·
The necks on those are great, but that sure is a lot of rust. I think I'd be worried that the guitar had spent too long a period of time in a high moisture environment, and that might affect it in the long term. I'd be worried that neck would be warped, or that there might be fret issues from the wood expanding and contracting. I think since you know making this look good (forgetting the dents and scratches) would run you a few hundred, just get a nicer one that's spent time in its case, and not on a stand by an open door near the ocean ;) And I don't see a case pic with this one either...
Also, I think DiMarzio sells the polepieces for a buck each or something, so you can easily just get new pole pieces rather than new pickups. They swap right in and out.
I personally would avoid this one if I could get a much cleaner one for a grand.

#16 ·
I got offer to buy an UV777 for 1300Eur. Made in Japan, year 2001. One piece neck.
It is in decent shape, but all screws are a bit rusty or lost it's color, and at first fret guy made significant "scar" on fretboard (he said it's from capo, but I surely doubt it's made by capo)
Otherwise no other visible damage, just regular used guitar.
Anyone can tell what would be fair price for such a model?
Thank you in advance for helping me out!

#19 ·
$800 is a good price for it.
I'd just get a different one that is not rusted to hell for $100 more.

I have one of these that I bought new the first year they came out.
Mine has the one piece neck as well.
I like one piece necks bett than five.
This UV has the biggest neck out of all my UVs.
I like my white UV the best, it has a very thin neck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.