Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Intonation tool

7K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Ibateur 
#1 ·
I'm trying to find one of those intonation tools to suit the floyd rose edge tremolo's that came on the original jem777 series, does anybody know how to contact Stuart Macdonald to get one or where you can get them in general? Any help would be great, tracking one down is driving me crazy lol :smile:

#4 ·
That's right. However, there are some places I've seen in Sweden that advertise two different keys; one for the floyd rose and one for the original edge. I cannot remember the name of the site(s) but there is a key specifically for the edge. Whether it's any good or not I have no idea.

#7 ·
After some digging around, I've managed to find some further info.

From an email that was sent to me on 11th August, 2010:
...."We order these from gmf.se where the itemnumber is 0868-100 and the price is 275:-."

Looking up that part number, it doesn't appear that they sell them anymore. They are still selling the floyd rose key, which is 0868-200 and can be found at: http://gmf.jetshop.se/default.aspx?main=/en-GB/key-intonerverktyg-floyd-original-p-1206-c-957.aspx
Looking at the photo, the keys (from left to right) are for Lo-Pro Edge, Original Edge and Floyd Rose. Chances are you may still be able to pick up one from somewhere. You could always get in touch and see if they can help you out.

I'm by no means a patent expert, but it appears that the patent for the Ibanez Edge tools have now expired. Maybe Ibanez should consider getting these back into production as they are treasures, as previously highlighted.

#13 ·
Fun: there's actually a special tool that holds the saddle in place AFTER you loosen the hex bolt that your talking about. The tool can then adjust the saddle forward and back to set the intonation. after it's set you lock down the hex bolt again......

It's a serious time-saver!!!

#17 ·
For reference: http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=cs83AAAAEBAJ&dq=patent:4611523

As for the Floyd Rose keys, yes they can work with some persuasion but there's the danger that it'll leave scratches or fly off as it's not angled like the correct Edge tool. The Floyd Rose keys are also very badly put together IMO. While it does the job for my Floyd Rose, they do look like a new apprentice has made them - mine at least.

#19 ·
Re: Intonation tool SOON AVAILABLE

Brian Calbert at universaljems.com have ordered intonation tool for edge and lo pro's . Brian@iniversaljems.com i think it was.

I am going to buy of him cuz he shipps world wide cheap!
Thank you very much for the heads up, these little buggers are really hard to get your hands on, especially for the original EDGE tremolo's.

#18 ·
Just one word about EDGE ADJUST. It's working only with Lo-Pro Edge. Not with Edge Pro series.
I fear there actually isn't any EDGE ADJUST for Edge Pro series. If anybody found it, please, share it.
I got a EDGE ADJUST for some of my Ibanez guitars, but still in trouble with my other ones with Edge Pro...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.