JEM Jr Upgrade - Jemsite
JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

JEM Jr Upgrade

Finished my Jem Jr upgrade! Sorry I dunno why my camera on my phone sucks so much haha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:43 AM

Reviews: 4
Re: JEM Jr Upgrade

Wait... I thought Jem Jr's only had half of a vine?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

The Jem-555 has half a vine
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

For anyone looking to do a similar project, Gotoh SG381-07 L6s, Ge1996t, GHL-2, EPR-2s, Dimarzio Evo bridge, ISCV2 single coil, and Evo neck, Got the pearloid truss rod cover and pickguard from ebay and gold screws from stewmac. It all dropped right in with no modifications required.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 10:28 PM

"For anyone looking to do a similar project, Gotoh SG381-07 L6s, Ge1996t, GHL-2, EPR-2s, Dimarzio Evo bridge, ISCV2 single coil, and Evo neck, Got the pearloid truss rod cover and pickguard from ebay and gold screws from stewmac. It all dropped right in with no modifications required."

That looks beautiful!!! Just ordered teh Jr ... should get it Friday. Want to do some of the same stuff to it. The biggest wall I'm running into if finding the pickguard, rod cover and back plates in the pearloid white. So many and not sure what/which is legit. Any help would be appreciated.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opendome View Post
Gotoh SG381-07 L6s, Ge1996t, GHL-2, EPR-2s,
I'm assuming the first item there is the tuners, but I have no idea what the next three items on your list are...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:06 PM

"I'm assuming the first item there is the tuners, but I have no idea what the next three items on your list are..."

The Ge1996t(gotoh) is a tremolo.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 09:15 PM

Great job. I did a similar one but with Graph-Tech Tuners, Original Lo-Pro EDGE with EDGE locking Posts and studs and the customary EVOs. Looking for a pearloid pickguard - where did you find that? Can you link one here? Thanks!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 09:27 PM

Angry Re: JEM Jr Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiate View Post
Great job. I did a similar one but with Graph-Tech Tuners, Original Lo-Pro EDGE with EDGE locking Posts and studs and the customary EVOs. Looking for a pearloid pickguard - where did you find that? Can you link one here? Thanks!

DITTO on the pick guard... I've gone through two... pick guard, tremolo cover plate, and jack cover plate. Sites say they fit... but when I get em... they don't. AND they're from Singapore and such and cost 2 - 3 times what I paid for em to ship back. I'm just about ready to live with the plain boring white plate and pick guard.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airman2001 View Post
DITTO on the pick guard... I've gone through two... pick guard, tremolo cover plate, and jack cover plate. Sites say they fit... but when I get em... they don't. AND they're from Singapore and such and cost 2 - 3 times what I paid for em to ship back. I'm just about ready to live with the plain boring white plate and pick guard.
Wondering if it's like another model (RG350 or something) that might fit. waiting for OP to respond.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiate View Post
Wondering if it's like another model (RG350 or something) that might fit. waiting for OP to respond.
Yeah... I ordered the RG350 one yesterday.... I hope it fits when I get it. Determined to mod this baby.....

Tags
dimarzio evolution , gotoh , ibanez , jem jr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode