<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > JEM and Universe Guitars

JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:40 PM

Reviews: 11
Talking

Jem obsession

Now I know that this is the jemsite, and generally people in here have an unhealthy obsession with this particular line of guitars but I really have to say......

I've just finished a gig at the local pub, and I'm sitting in my shed, half drunk and on my iPad and it occurred to me that don't know how many of you are gigging musicians and I'd be interested to know.

Also, I get a ridiculous amount of enjoyment playing my Jem 7VWh at shows. It's the only jem I have, but I have so much fun on the thing and it truly is the best guitar ive ever had the pleasure to play. She never gives me problems, and is a total workhorse that's been my main guitar for the last three years. Now I have a custom jem being built and hopefully I'll have it soonish to blow people away with (well, try at least) and add another to my collection....... Of one.

The thing is...... I don't think it'll end there. I check this site everyday, read about jems online, check the eeeebay constantly for them and generally, can't stop thinking about owning some more in the future. Not that my finances could allow it and the next guitar I must get is a universe. Still though...... Why does this particular model of guitar own my every thought? There's many other cool guitars I'd like to own such as a PRS, strat, tele, evh, it's endless but I can't see myself getting off the jemtrain anytime in the future.

Are you obsessed?
Old 01-29-2011, 01:49 PM

Reviews: 4

Re: Jem obsession

No, your pretty much doing it right
Old 01-29-2011, 02:10 PM

Reviews: 3

Totally obsessed! I already have GAS for an FP. I'm looking at the one Rich has on his site.....

Your in good company mate.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Classified Watchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
I check this site everyday, read about jems online, check the eeeebay constantly for them and generally, can't stop thinking about owning some more in the future. Not that my finances could allow it and the next guitar I must get is a universe. Still though...... Why does this particular model of guitar own my every thought? There's many other cool guitars I'd like to own such as a PRS, strat, tele, evh, it's endless but I can't see myself getting off the jemtrain anytime in the future.
You see, you are (to use one recent example) basically Jack Secret without the money. Start obsessing about certain guitars, buy loads of them, admit to having a mid-life crisis, and sell them all again. The only difference is you don't have the cash to do it for real.

Sad to say, as evidenced by the people who join here, post hundreds or thousands of times in short order, then disappear, it's simply a phase you're going through and you will grow out of it...
Old 01-29-2011, 02:21 PM

Cool

Wow,

Where to begin on this one? You guys have always made me feel moderately normal here, as most regular people just don't understand the overwhelming drive that can come from a bout of GAS when it comes to JEM's.

And, for what it is worth, I do play live with them. At least once a month, and try to rotate through the stable so that I am regularly get to play a "new" guitar.

Rob
Old 01-29-2011, 03:05 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
You see, you are basically Jack Secret without the money
ROFL!!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
You see, you are (to use one recent example) basically Jack Secret without the money. Start obsessing about certain guitars, buy loads of them, admit to having a mid-life crisis, and sell them all again. The only difference is you don't have the cash to do it for real.

Sad to say, as evidenced by the people who join here, post hundreds or thousands of times in short order, then disappear, it's simply a phase you're going through and you will grow out of it...
I'm still deliberating if I should be offended by this. I'll get back to y'all later.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:30 PM

Talking

Quote:
You see, you are (to use one recent example) basically Jack Secret without the money.
That is the funniest in weeks
Old 01-29-2011, 07:24 PM

I decided I'm not offended but DD can still kiss my grits.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:51 PM
(a)

Reviews: 25

Well if im in a phase then its been a long stint for me... Im well and truely addicted to jemsite

Jack just sold his 540p's and im gassing for one seems like we are all in one big Ibanez orgy passing the hoes around.

Last year I bought 4 USA customs and sold one to a jemsite member another one is almost on its way out and I want a 540PII

shame you wouldn't ship to Australia Jack
Old 01-29-2011, 08:01 PM

Reviews: 7

Quote:

LOL,
cheers.
sorry i don't agree with everything.
but i do agree of being obssesed with owning them till you get over it.
but hey we are all addicted.

Last edited by SHAIBANEZ; 01-29-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:46 PM
(a)

Reviews: 2

I'm so addicted that I had to build my own.......... that and I couldn't afford the real thing.....lol
Old 01-29-2011, 08:53 PM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I'm so addicted that I had to build my own.......... that and I couldn't afford the real thing.....lol
Me too lol. Ive got my GAS fund going for the next one lol
Old 01-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Welcome to Jemsite!
That's the very reason most of us are still here. Occasionally, we get a few folks that used Google to find an answer (yes--there are some that really do this), and come in to get an answer or to buy something from the classifieds--then disappear. The rest of us stay for the company, friendly bantering, interesting debates, GAS, and latest info---oh, and checking the status of your Design-A-Jem losing entry being built.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:44 PM

Reviews: 1

I'm obsessed with getting one. I have many Prestiges, but never found "the one" that I loved. ...and the hunt continues...

Show/Hide Posting Rules