Ibanez JEM Forum banner

JEM777 30th Anniversary Pre-Order registry (UK only)

19K views 173 replies 23 participants last post by  BigBazz 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought it would be an idea to get everyone that wants to share this info to register who they have pre-ordered with and what they have been told is there delivery date.

Format

User name:
Colour:
Date of preorder:
Ordered from:
Estimated delivery date:

So for me,

User name:superclarkey
Colour: LNG
Date of preorder:02/02/2017 [CANCELED]
Ordered from:GAK [CANCELED]
Estimated delivery date:JUNE [CANCELED]

Mine has been cancelled.

PLEASE ADD AND DISCUSS

#7 ·
I emailed guitarguitar this morning regarding a delivery date and got this reply:-

"There has not been an issue as such it's just the whole CITES regulations have caused delays. I cannot give a delivery update at the moment but it looks like it could be between April and June. We should hopefully have some more concrete information in the next few weeks so I will let you know as soon as I hear something."

#5 ·
User name: Bryceybhoy
Colour: LNG
Date of preorder: 20/01/2017
Ordered from: Gear4Music
Estimated delivery date: 2017-04-21 (est.)

If guitarguitar had sent me that email, I would be ****ing furious. I still find it utterly bizarre that on one day Andertons told me, in an email, that they wouldn't be buying any of the 30th guitars as "they wouldn't sell"...only to then order 9 of them two days later.

To be honest, I don't think it matters if you don't get an LNG this time. Ibanez will do another run. If retailers are screaming for more guitars, they'll build them. That's why they haven't announced a production run officially. They are testing the waters. Good business, in my book.

#6 ·
Gak said to me they where authorised 6 guitars in total, two in each colour, so they only had 2 in LNG, when I called they said someone had cancel their order so there was one avalible etc then they went onto say that I was the 3rd pre-order as Ibanez had allocated more guitars however mine would be on the second wave of incoming guitars, hence my delivery date being June... I don't know what to believe but if I hear anything I will share it in here.

#10 ·
I asked if was just delayed but they said that whilst there had been some delays in my case supplier was simply changing the number of guitars on offer. Apparently they are now getting 4 rather than 6 they ordered and I was number 5 of the 6......so at least one other disappointed punter out there presumably.

#12 ·
What are the chances of walking into a shop and buying one of these? I'm not a fan of buying guitars I haven't played, it's too much money to blow on an unplayed guitar. Also @superclarkey - Are you the same Clarky that used to be on the Musicradar (Guitarist mag) Forums? Massive ibanez guy, I picked up my 94 Jem at his house a good 13 years ago!

#14 ·
Chances appear to be slim! Always is tough for guitars with limited availability, not even the larger stores carry full ranges. Like you I'm not a fan of buying untested but have done it twice where my 'need' for guitar outweighed the risk, at least for me. Both times worked out fine too (a jem and a UV).

#26 ·
Dealt with GAK for a mate a few years ago, they said they had the guitar (some Korean Fender Telecaster with Seymour Duncan humbuckers) and then kept delaying his delivery until they admitted they didn't have the guitar and no estimated, he cancelled it after 6 months wait, they had no trouble shipping the matching case he bought with it though.

So yeah sour tastes, if they had a walk in store I would drive to try out a guitar. I've played too many expensive mules to trust blind buying though.

#31 · (Edited)
Awesome, in my mind I was expecting an 80-90s era case with it rather than modern one, slightly disappointed they didn't replicate the case (first pic I've seen of one with the case), but the guitar is beautiful, nice one.

Edit : How was the setup out of the box? I've never been a fan of Ibanez factory setups before, usually a bit of a rush job but maybe it's better with the pricing on this?

#41 ·
Well thats a fair chunk.. I will need to have a bit of think what I want to do :(

My worry is I pay like £900 more then the next guy to get it then they make them production run and you'll buy them anywhere for allot less.... as numbers are not confirmed this is a bit of a worry, its my head vs my heart at the moment on what to do.

#46 ·
Well thats a fair chunk.. I will need to have a bit of think what I want to do :(

My worry is I pay like £900 more then the next guy to get it then they make them production run and you'll buy them anywhere for allot less.... as numbers are not confirmed this is a bit of a worry, its my head vs my heart at the moment on what to do.
Sent you an PM in regard to another possible option.

#44 ·
Best bet is to tell me where you can get this from, and then stay off the net for a few days and I'll let you know how I get on.. lol :p

I think its at the point tbh where if you can get your name on one you should do so, if they are willing to give you the deposit back if you change your mind then its no risk if you find one in the mean time etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.