Ibanez JEM Forum banner

JEM777 Reissue 30th Anniversary in Canada

4K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  wrvavra 
#1 ·
Hey Guys
Any one from Canada been able to get there hands on any of the reissued Jems yet if not does anyone have any info on when they will be available here in Canada

#2 ·
Hello.
I am from over here in Vancouver.

I am also waiting for mine.
I ordered through Long & Mcquade.
As of last week while at the store, we called their distributor to check with them and they confirmed over the phone that my order (and very likely other Jem 777) were scheduled to arrive this week to them. (The distributor) and from there to be shipped to the stores across Canada.
The guys from the store mentioned that given that time frame, it is likely they will have the guitar by the end of this month of March... next week.

Coincidentally by checking with their website, they also have the disclaimer that says they will have the guitars by end of March.

Let's hope early next week they arrive XD

Hope this info helps
Cheers :)

#5 ·
Hello.

I ordered the 777DY variation back in January 26th. (Wish I could also order the SK, but sadly I can't afford the extra one at the crazy prices here in CA).

That day was possible to order all 3 color variations. But that doesn't seem the case anymore, as about 2 weeks ago the LNGreen was taken out from Long and Mcquade website and then 2 days later from the official Ibanez website too.

Thanks Tyrone for the link.

That's where I saw the information
So if everything is going as schedule this week we should be getting them.

Can't wait. Let's hope there are no delays.

#6 ·
I ordered a Loch Ness Green from Long & McQuade at the end of February. At the time I was told that their distributor had allotted them eight in green and my pre-order was #6. This was just a few days before the site stopped listing that particular color.

Thanks for the above info about projected shipping times. I'm pretty preoccupied waiting for mine to come in, so hopefully she arrives this week and I can get my life back on track, heh.

#7 ·
I am glad you was able to secure your LNGreen guitar, after all that's the one most people are after.
I can understand that you are preoccupied waiting for yours, when we are seeing online that people already begun getting theirs on their respective territories.
I believe you should be fine with your pre order. If you already knew you got #6 out of 8 and you secured it by paying the 10% deposit. I went through the same back then and they re assured me that I had it.

Since they needed to verify things with their distributor, I am aware that they are located on the East Coast of the country. So that means that if you are in Quebec and Ontario, you are more likely to get them sooner than those like myself on West side of the country.

Hope this helps and very hopeful they really soon this week XD

#8 ·
:(
I just came back from the guitar store to find out if my order was already on it's way.... So they call and sadly...I was told that the distributor for Canada still hasn't gotten the shipment of those guitars and that they are expecting to get them in "April" . No further details were given other than it will be a few more weeks waiting :/

#10 ·
Micro update, mostly just to keep this thread breathing.

I was at the store today. My guy who handled my order wasn't in, but I had a lowly bass player check the system for me just in case there were any updates.

There weren't. He half-joked about expecting them to take another forever to arrive. Not ideal but that's what I've got today, lads.

#12 ·
I visited the store earlier today and found out that my order is on it's way and has already left the supplier and should be here in a week or 2 at the max. So likely there are a few more guitars being distributed in Canada already.
With that said, keep in mind that things are rolling slowly out from customs on different containers, so it might still take longer for some people to get theirs.
They are almost here.
Cheers.

#15 ·
You guys are as affected as much as the rest of us. The problem is they only get 1 container from Japan a month, always due on the 10th [estimated, it's usually early or late] so they really don't have a good option for splitting the shipments up so some don't need permitting. All we can hope is the USFWS gets more efficient at processing everything.

Efkay being smaller might be able to control that more effectively, or may not. From my experience there's not alot they excel at 8O

#18 ·
Congrats on getting your 777LG.
Is nice that the first batch has already arrived to a few people and other provinces should follow soon.

Hopefully everyone ordered theirs as I came across this store where on the link below, is mentioned that only 15 of the anniversary guitars available in Canada. (as can be seen on the animated text)
Westcoast Guitars Vancouver

If that's the case it is extremely limited number coming here. possibly almost sold out by now. o_O

#19 ·
Just got off the phone with my guy at my midwestern Long & McQuade. He's been trying to get info out of Efkay for a week and they've basically been jerking him around, so he's going to get the chain buyer to brace them a bit harder. Seems like my 6th of 8 is probably not in North America yet, but I'm standing by for better news.

#20 ·
I just got back from picking up my 777 DY from the guitar store over here in Vancouver.
Wow! It was my reaction and the salesman when we opened it at the store. So vibrant the yellow color and overall look.
Very impressive guitar and very comfortable neck finish. Super happy about this.... is going to be hard to continue doing work for the rest of the day until i get home to play hahahaha.
Hopefully everyone get's theirs very soon.
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.