Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jem77V-BK discontinued?

Tags
jem77vbk
3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  chris101 
#1 ·
#7 ·
I think my 77Vbk is every bit as attractive as my 7Vwh. It certainly gets as many compliments, and most in my family like it the best of all of my guitars. As with most Jems, if Vai doesn't use it live, the appeal is not as big. With the 7Vwh,,,,,,,that's been THE VAI GUITAR for about two decades now. Obviously, it will be the most recognized and this new relic'd EVO - makes sense to me. Personally, I don't think I'll buy another Jem unless one comes out that appeals to me as much as the two I have. Yeah, one is black and one is white, but they are the best looking Jems ever to me.

#10 ·
I think my 77Vbk is every bit as attractive as my 7Vwh. It certainly gets as many compliments, and most in my family like it the best of all of my guitars. As with most Jems, if Vai doesn't use it live, the appeal is not as big. With the 7Vwh,,,,,,,that's been THE VAI GUITAR for about two decades now. Obviously, it will be the most recognized and this new relic'd EVO - makes sense to me. Personally, I don't think I'll buy another Jem unless one comes out that appeals to me as much as the two I have. Yeah, one is black and one is white, but they are the best looking Jems ever to me.
I agree. I have a 7VWH and was thinking of adding a 77VBK, until I ran into a great deal on a UV777BK. The same thing applies, however. The contrast between the black and white is cool.

#8 ·
The 77VBK is in fact discontinued. I think it's a great axe...never added it to my collection but I've played it many times and the neck shape, rosewood board and Breed pickups were always a winning combination. I also think the black they used is more like super glossy Steinway piano black...just classy all the way.

#15 ·
Yeah, but after my recent semi-stupid 7VSBL purchase from evilBay, I have a while to build up the financial wherewithal. (semi-stupid for money reasons, it's a great axe in near-perfect shape)

I'm actually surprised it didn't sell well enough to keep. It's at least as good-looking as the UV777BK and that thing's been around almost 15 years!

#18 ·
I'm actually surprised it didn't sell well enough to keep. It's at least as good-looking as the UV777BK and that thing's been around almost 15 years!
The UV777PBK is such a slow seller in the UK that the UK importer still hasn't sold the pre-2010 stock yet, so doesnt have a single example of the current Lo Pro version, much to my annoyance! God knows how long it'll take to shift the old stock, they wont order any more until the old are all gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.