Jem7V UV777bk trade in - Opinions - Jemsite
JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Jem7V UV777bk trade in - Opinions

Hey People,
I was thinking about trading my Jem7V in on a UV777bk. Does anybody think that this may be a bad idea. I have read that the pick ups are weak and thin in some cases, but if thats the only problem that fixable. I want that extra string! I want to broaden my sonic boundries. Any opinios would be appreciated. *
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 10:49 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Jem7V UV777bk trade in

it's a great idea if you want a 7-string. Both are the same quality and close in retail price (VWH is a bit more - see price guide). Only you can determine your needs however. You can always find a used VWH later on if you miss it. Good luck... glen
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 11:21 AM
Bew

Jem7V UV777bk trade in

I'd only do that trade if you were also getting cash in the deal. *Like previously stated, the UV is worth less than the VWH. *I had a UV7BK and decided that the extra string wasn't worth it. *I also didn't like the pickups, but that's my personal opinion. *I traded it for a Jem VBK and am much happier now. *I also have a VWH and think it's a great guitar. *I've seen used UV777's going for around $900 or so. *VWH's, over $1100. *Food for thought. *
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 01:34 PM

Jem7V UV777bk trade in

I used to own both. Now, I own just the UV (tho' I do own a couple other Jems )... Like Glen said, if you want a seven string, it's hard to go wrong with a 777BK, and the difference in price between the two in negligible, imho...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2001, 05:12 PM

Jem7V UV777bk trade in

Quote:
GodEater5 on 10:37 am on Nov. 20, 2001
Hey People,
I was thinking about trading my Jem7V in on a UV777bk. Does anybody think that this may be a bad idea. I have read that the pick ups are weak and thin in some cases, but if thats the only problem that fixable. I want that extra string! I want to broaden my sonic boundries. Any opinios would be appreciated. *
thanks
my opinio is that the money difference should be spent on putting an EVO-7 in the bridge of the UV at the very least. *

I recently put up a song which has a lot of my UV, which has an EVO7 and PAF7. *Take a listen of you want to hear it.

http://jemsiteforum.com/board/topic....=153&replies=8

I'd be happy to discuss the pickups with you via e-mail. *I think everyone here is tired of hearing about my guitars

~Kenny
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2001, 05:47 PM

Jem7V UV777bk trade in

Kenny, we love hearing about your guitars, that's why we come here...

Get a cash back deal and dump the extra change on an EVO7. *The UV is a damn fine instrument, I love mine to death. *You won't regret it, if you do you can sell it to me, I need more 7 strings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode