JEM's in Florida...... - Jemsite
JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22
JEM's in Florida......

hey guys


I should be going to florida at the end of February during my birthday and i hope to get a nice deal on a JEM7VWH or the SBL

how much would they cost there and what shops in the orlando area sell them or near orlando. sites would help.

and how much for cases.


I haven't played one yet but my heart's set on it and it's obviously and awesome and magnificently pretty guitar

thanks for any help guys
Forbidden is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 06:39 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 32
If you're looking for hard to find stuff in Florida, Thoroughbred Music is probably your best bet, they have like 5 or 6 locations n Florida and each location is huge.I believe there is a location in Orlando. I'm not to sure how much a Jem7vwh will be down that way. I payed $2600/with case in Canadian funds. This price is probably nothing close to what you'll pay. I found this for you, hope this helps your search.
Z0rn is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22
thanks for the help, any more guys ?
Forbidden is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 06:54 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 94
guitar gallery in kissemee (sp?) FL. its in the downtown disney/pleasure island area. they have beautiful ibanezs, and other guitars too. they are a bit pricey. they had a VBSL when i was there that was signed by Vai, they also had some j-customs too.
Cory Bottone is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Bottone
guitar gallery in kissemee (sp?) FL. its in the downtown disney/pleasure island area. they have beautiful ibanezs, and other guitars too. they are a bit pricey. they had a VBSL when i was there that was signed by Vai, they also had some j-customs too.

thats great, i stayed there on my last visit to florida, seemed pretty nice

how much is it going for, a guitar signed by vai is priceless
Forbidden is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 07:17 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,989
When I was there, they had a DNA, a JS2k, and the S-series 7/6 double neck.
Two hands31 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
When I was there, they had a DNA, a JS2k, and the S-series 7/6 double neck.

how much were each one, and where ?
Forbidden is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 01:13 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 334
Guitar Center...

There's a Guitar Center in Winter Park Village in Orlando that has a great selection of guitars. They usually only have one or two display models on the floor, but you can get them down on price with that.

I paid $1477 for a brand new UV777BK in November. They gave me the case and knocked off $100 because it was a display model from the Atlanta store. Talk to them... you never know what you might end up with. Good luck...
Bluestreak is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22
Re: Guitar Center...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak
There's a Guitar Center in Winter Park Village in Orlando that has a great selection of guitars. They usually only have one or two display models on the floor, but you can get them down on price with that.

I paid $1477 for a brand new UV777BK in November. They gave me the case and knocked off $100 because it was a display model from the Atlanta store. Talk to them... you never know what you might end up with. Good luck...
are the 7vwh's the same price ?
Forbidden is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 01:42 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bellport Village - LI, NY
Posts: 656
BTW: Thoroughbred was bought out by Sam Ash over 5 years ago
mike777 is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 02:27 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 15
deffinately guitar gallery in Downtown Disney. I was there over New Year and they had a signed 7VWH for $1800, along with several custom RG's and S series. They also got rare stuff like Gibsons and Martin acoustics. I spent ages just looking at the stuff
icarus is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus
deffinately guitar gallery in Downtown Disney. I was there over New Year and they had a signed 7VWH for $1800, along with several custom RG's and S series. They also got rare stuff like Gibsons and Martin acoustics. I spent ages just looking at the stuff


**** me, thats loads cheaper then it cost to BUY NEW here

that would cost 1100, new here it costs 1650

i love america (the exchange rates especially)
Forbidden is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 11:28 AM
dex
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,080
You do realise that on your way back you'll have to go through "Something to Declare" coridor at customs?
If not make sure that there are absolutelly no tags, labels, user manual and anything else that might lead the customs officers to believe that the guitar is new and you are importing it.

I wanted to do that but then was told at least 3 stories of customs officers being "in the know" about high end guitars and even having a price list in case you want to lie to them what your new 7VWH is worth.
dex is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
You do realise that on your way back you'll have to go through "Something to Declare" coridor at customs?
If not make sure that there are absolutelly no tags, labels, user manual and anything else that might lead the customs officers to believe that the guitar is new and you are importing it.

I wanted to do that but then was told at least 3 stories of customs officers being "in the know" about high end guitars and even having a price list in case you want to lie to them what your new 7VWH is worth.

nuts, they'd know all the info
Forbidden is offline  
Reply

Tags
double neck , sam ash

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is G3 going to Florida? 7 Tours: Going to Shows 2 08-21-2003 11:46 AM
My baby's going to Florida guitargirl Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) 13 12-21-2001 06:45 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome