<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > JEM and Universe Guitars

JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2003, 05:29 PM
Forbidden  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22  -  iTrader: (0)

JEM's in Florida......


hey guys


I should be going to florida at the end of February during my birthday and i hope to get a nice deal on a JEM7VWH or the SBL

how much would they cost there and what shops in the orlando area sell them or near orlando. sites would help.

and how much for cases.


I haven't played one yet but my heart's set on it and it's obviously and awesome and magnificently pretty guitar

thanks for any help guys
quote
  #2  
Old 01-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Z0rn  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 32  -  iTrader: (0)
If you're looking for hard to find stuff in Florida, Thoroughbred Music is probably your best bet, they have like 5 or 6 locations n Florida and each location is huge.I believe there is a location in Orlando. I'm not to sure how much a Jem7vwh will be down that way. I payed $2600/with case in Canadian funds. This price is probably nothing close to what you'll pay. I found this for you, hope this helps your search.
quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-2003, 06:53 PM
Forbidden  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22  -  iTrader: (0)
thanks for the help, any more guys ?
quote
  #4  
Old 01-26-2003, 06:54 PM
Cory Bottone  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 94  -  iTrader: (0)
guitar gallery in kissemee (sp?) FL. its in the downtown disney/pleasure island area. they have beautiful ibanezs, and other guitars too. they are a bit pricey. they had a VBSL when i was there that was signed by Vai, they also had some j-customs too.
quote
  #5  
Old 01-26-2003, 07:01 PM
Forbidden  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22  -  iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Bottone
guitar gallery in kissemee (sp?) FL. its in the downtown disney/pleasure island area. they have beautiful ibanezs, and other guitars too. they are a bit pricey. they had a VBSL when i was there that was signed by Vai, they also had some j-customs too.

thats great, i stayed there on my last visit to florida, seemed pretty nice

how much is it going for, a guitar signed by vai is priceless
quote
  #6  
Old 01-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Two hands31  is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,989  -  iTrader: (0)
When I was there, they had a DNA, a JS2k, and the S-series 7/6 double neck.
quote
  #7  
Old 01-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Forbidden  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22  -  iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
When I was there, they had a DNA, a JS2k, and the S-series 7/6 double neck.

how much were each one, and where ?
quote
  #8  
Old 01-27-2003, 01:13 AM
Bluestreak  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 289  -  iTrader: (1)

Guitar Center...


There's a Guitar Center in Winter Park Village in Orlando that has a great selection of guitars. They usually only have one or two display models on the floor, but you can get them down on price with that.

I paid $1477 for a brand new UV777BK in November. They gave me the case and knocked off $100 because it was a display model from the Atlanta store. Talk to them... you never know what you might end up with. Good luck...
quote
  #9  
Old 01-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Forbidden  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Guitar Center...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak
There's a Guitar Center in Winter Park Village in Orlando that has a great selection of guitars. They usually only have one or two display models on the floor, but you can get them down on price with that.

I paid $1477 for a brand new UV777BK in November. They gave me the case and knocked off $100 because it was a display model from the Atlanta store. Talk to them... you never know what you might end up with. Good luck...
are the 7vwh's the same price ?
quote
  #10  
Old 01-27-2003, 01:42 PM
mike777  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bellport Village - LI, NY
Posts: 656  -  iTrader: (0)
BTW: Thoroughbred was bought out by Sam Ash over 5 years ago
quote
  #11  
Old 01-27-2003, 02:27 PM
icarus  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 15  -  iTrader: (0)
deffinately guitar gallery in Downtown Disney. I was there over New Year and they had a signed 7VWH for $1800, along with several custom RG's and S series. They also got rare stuff like Gibsons and Martin acoustics. I spent ages just looking at the stuff
quote
  #12  
Old 01-27-2003, 06:23 PM
Forbidden  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22  -  iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus
deffinately guitar gallery in Downtown Disney. I was there over New Year and they had a signed 7VWH for $1800, along with several custom RG's and S series. They also got rare stuff like Gibsons and Martin acoustics. I spent ages just looking at the stuff


**** me, thats loads cheaper then it cost to BUY NEW here

that would cost 1100, new here it costs 1650

i love america (the exchange rates especially)
quote
  #13  
Old 01-28-2003, 11:28 AM
dex  is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,058  -  iTrader: (3)
You do realise that on your way back you'll have to go through "Something to Declare" coridor at customs?
If not make sure that there are absolutelly no tags, labels, user manual and anything else that might lead the customs officers to believe that the guitar is new and you are importing it.

I wanted to do that but then was told at least 3 stories of customs officers being "in the know" about high end guitars and even having a price list in case you want to lie to them what your new 7VWH is worth.
quote
  #14  
Old 01-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Forbidden  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Reading, England
Posts: 22  -  iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
You do realise that on your way back you'll have to go through "Something to Declare" coridor at customs?
If not make sure that there are absolutelly no tags, labels, user manual and anything else that might lead the customs officers to believe that the guitar is new and you are importing it.

I wanted to do that but then was told at least 3 stories of customs officers being "in the know" about high end guitars and even having a price list in case you want to lie to them what your new 7VWH is worth.

nuts, they'd know all the info
quote
Reply

Tags
double neck, sam ash


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Show/Hide Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is G3 going to Florida? 7 Tours: Going to Shows 2 08-21-2003 11:46 AM
My baby's going to Florida guitargirl Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) 13 12-21-2001 06:45 PM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com
Powered by