Leaving Ibanez guitars - No more jems for me - Page 9 - Jemsite
JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Banned

Re: Leaving Ibanez guitars - No more jems for me

I like Guitars.......of all kinds........I seek what the guitar has to offer.......each one has different things......I have some that are identical, set up and all, and I can find different things I like about each of them......PRSís are great....so are LPís......Ibanezís do some things better with their thin necks......Some sounds only come from Fenders........Stratís do some things better........Teleís can rock the house for certain sounds.........I like guitars.........guitars of all kinds...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 11:58 PM

Return of the living dead thread.
post #123 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyH View Post
Return of the living dead thread.
They don't die, they sleep!
post #124 of 142 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 02:46 AM

Reviews: 6

This thread seems dumb. I mean no disrespect, but this just about as lame as telling a friend you're no longer friends with them. Some things are better left unsaid. And why rule things out for the future? You're gonna feel pretty dumb if Ibanez comes out with a guitar that out plays whatever your changing your religion to.

You play guitar, and the guitars you play are your tools not your way of life.

I think brand loyalty is stupid. I own one of just about every big company out there, and they all have their own qualities, but no way would i call one better, or rule out a company's products because i prefer another guitar LOL

die already dumb thread
post #125 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 03:40 PM

I wish I had ONE electric guitar to play! All of my gear was stolen(no insurance), so im a musician without an axe. Got an old Hondo acoustic my sister found in the alley and ive been using that to write with.Been trying to find a site where unwanted guitars can find a free home as i would take them all!
post #126 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Wow--a 3-year old thread gets resurrected...
post #127 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 04:05 PM

Reviews: 6

Zombie threads rock!!!
post #128 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

They usually happen when noobs show up and don't look at the date of last post.
post #129 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 07:45 PM

Reviews: 11

yep... I've also made that mistake in the past when I was in Noob territory.... but in saying that.... Just because a thread is old, doesn't make it any less pertinent to today's discussions. I had a good read of some of this one and it poses a good question.

I love my Jem 7VWh and I'm building a copy with a custom paint job. When I play my les Paul Standard at band practice, which was my only main guitar for 12 years, I realise how much I've missed her, how great she sounds and how much I love playing it. Forgetting the fact that it's as thick as a housebrick when soloing up at the 12th and beyond. I can see why Zakk holds it vertically on his leg when he's ripping one out.
post #130 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 02:51 AM

wow i was 11 when this thread was written it was a good and a bad year, Australia just finished hosting the Olympics, i didn't no what "terrorism" was and i also was living the life of petrol (gas for u Americans) was only 60 cents. i was in year 3 the start of senior school in primary school (elementary for Americans) i had my first "love" and got heart broken when she moved away.

and thats that year in history.
post #131 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 03:43 AM

Reviews: 1
Re: Leaving Ibanez guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
I recently did a very similar thing. I went out searching for a new guitar, "the" guitar. I tried almost everything *I could get my hands on. ESP KH 2's (regular and a very nice playing relic) a couple of George Lynch models, Wolfgang and EB/MM EVH and Axis, a £4000 Blade superstrat, Parker Flys, Jacksons, Andersons, PRS.

All of them were great, great guitars especially the KH2 relic!!! In the end I decided to keep with the Ibanez guitars and particularly the old RG550 I've always used

In many ways I feel cheated that my ideal guitar isn't some through neck, pristine flame top, custom shop model but I'm glad, that like jem7pbk, I've found my perfect toy, even if mine had always been right under my nose
Here's my post from back in the day when this thread started out.

I remember doing that bear hunt driving all over the place to test guitars. I'm still playing Ibanez!!!
post #132 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
They usually happen when noobs show up and don't look at the date of last post.
Often followed by "post-spew" where they post to any and every thread, new or old, in an attempt to boost their post count. They come and go.
post #133 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 07:08 AM

Reviews: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Wow--a 3-year old thread gets resurrected...
3 year old? Try 9!
post #134 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirled777 View Post
Zombie threads rock!!!
Just in time for Halloween!
post #135 of 142 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 09:57 AM

I wonder what the OP did with his Ibanez collection??

I didn't bother to read every post on the 9 year old thread.

Tags
alex lifeson , beautiful guitar , brian moore , bridge pickup , crystal planet , custom guitar , custom shop , deluxe strat , duncan pickups , ebony fretboard , ernie ball , fender strat , fender strats , fixed bridge , fretboard wood , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , guitar shop , hamer standard , hardtail jem , hollow body , ibanez collection , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , jem dbk , jem neck , jem pickups , johnny hiland , kramer pacer , les paul , les paul custom , locking tuners , monkey grip , neck pickup , parker fly , pearloid pickguard , peavey classic , prs guitar , prs guitars , rosewood neck , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , signature guitar , sounding guitar , steve morse , strat sound , string acoustic , string tension , swirled jem , trem block , trem guitar , tung oil , van halen , vintage trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode