<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > JEM and Universe Guitars

JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #196  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:10 PM
mikeymike  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southwest Louisiana
Posts: 287  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Thatís because I donít care. The guy stated he felt his bolt on neck guitars felt like toys in comparison to his neck through, and that is fine. There are those that think Jackson is the best guitar, or Gibson, or whatever, who cares?

I currently own 4 Ibanez and none of them are JEMs. You want to know to why, because I donít feel they are worth what they cost. However I wouldnít bash you or anyone else that feels they are worth it. I take no offense to those that think Fender is junk, and my strats are my favorite guitars.
Fair enough I agree with you that they are moderately over-priced. I think you may be missing what im saying about this guy....
quote
  #197  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:11 PM
(a)
JJEMMER777  is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 8,373  -  iTrader: (5)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike View Post
Are you threating to ban me? maybe i misread that...
Re-read my post!

But if you are looking to be banned, I'll be happy to oblidge
quote
  #198  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:12 PM
(a)
Ayrton  is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 4,196  -  iTrader: (44)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike View Post
why did he even get a JEM in the first place? He doesn't appreciate it and know what it's used best for, as well as what's proper for it to allow it to be a very sweet guitar.
That is where you are missing it. The only things he changed were the bridge and pups. I think you will find the majority change out pickups and I know this comes are a shock to you, but some people actually prefer the sound of a steel bridge. Perhaps he liked the look, or feel of the guitar, but wanted a different sound.
quote
  #199  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:13 PM
mikeymike  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southwest Louisiana
Posts: 287  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
Re-read my post!

But if you are looking to be banned, I'll be happy to oblidge
I don't think I've done anything to warrant a banning.... I also did not notice sickboy's post so I'm guessing you were referring to him getting belligerent? Either way I'm not trying to get banned and I won't be posting in here any longer unless it's light hearted... but sickboy did make some very good points... it's not cool to stick up for someone who contradicts themselves and acts like a complete idiot who is out of the know regarding Jem guitars... This can't be avoided.
quote
  #200  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:15 PM
mikeymike  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southwest Louisiana
Posts: 287  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
That is where you are missing it. The only things he changed were the bridge and pups. I think you will find the majority change out pickups and I know this comes are a shock to you, but some people actually prefer the sound of a steel bridge. Perhaps he liked the look, or feel of the guitar, but wanted a different sound.
And what if he put p90's in it? Can't you see how ludicrous it is? It's like he doesn't really have a clue.... sure a bill lawrence sounds GREAT in a guitar like dime's ... which is mahogany set neck.... you cant go taking parts from one to make a completely different guitar sound like it... I can't be the only person here who realizes this.... its like taking a wing off of a formula 1 car and putting it on a honda civic......

EDIT: anyway I can see we aren't going to see eye-to-eye on this.... so there's no sense in going on about it. I have thought about your points and still come to the same conclusion. Perhaps you should try to think about mine and from my point of view? I'll just leave it at that and hope that you will become less irritable and more open to seeing why I said what I said. Thanks for not being immature and bashing me I appreciate that much even if we don't agree on this.
quote
  #201  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:19 PM
(a)
sick-boy  is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hillsdale, MI USA
Posts: 1,190  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike View Post
I don't think I've done anything to warrant a banning.... I also did not notice sickboy's post so I'm guessing you were referring to him getting belligerent? Either way I'm not trying to get banned and I won't be posting in here any longer unless it's light hearted... but sickboy did make some very good points... it's not cool to stick up for someone who contradicts themselves and acts like a complete idiot who is out of the know regarding Jem guitars... This can't be avoided.
How was I being beligerent?
I was defending the other side of the arguement.
quote
  #202  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:21 PM
(a)
JJEMMER777  is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 8,373  -  iTrader: (5)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawrence!


No you haven't done anything to warrant a banning (yet)

Make all the points you want, Mike! PLEASE! It's encouraged!! But try to do it in a way that's "somewhat" respectful.

We are VERY lenient here, but sometimes the Mods have to step in on a thread to keep it from going overly hostile. And this one's headed that way for sure
quote
  #203  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:22 PM
mikeymike  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southwest Louisiana
Posts: 287  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by sick-boy View Post
How was I being beligerent?
I was defending the other side of the arguement.
ok maybe you weren't being belligerent but you were definetly being outspoken and harsh lol... even if what you were saying was in line with what i feel.... its gonna get this thread locked or people banned... plus i'd hate to look like an ass.... i like this forum a lot haha
quote
  #204  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:25 PM
mikeymike  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southwest Louisiana
Posts: 287  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
No you haven't done anything to warrant a banning (yet)

Make all the points you want, Mike! PLEASE! It's encouraged!! But try to do it in a way that's "somewhat" respectful.

We are VERY lenient here, but sometimes the Mods have to step in on a thread to keep it from going overly hostile. And this one's headed that way for sure
For a second there I thought you were gonna be a jerk-mod drunk with power... thank god you're not like that (right?)
quote
  #205  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:25 PM
(a)
Ayrton  is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 4,196  -  iTrader: (44)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike View Post
And what if he put p90's in it? Can't you see how ludicrous it is? It's like he doesn't really have a clue.... sure a bill lawrence sounds GREAT in a guitar like dime's ... which is mahogany set neck.... you cant go taking parts from one to make a completely different guitar sound like it... I can't be the only person here who realizes this....
You must be, because that is the silliest thing you have posted. A Bill Lawrence pup can sound good in any guitar. Ever hear of Nuno Bettencourt? I prefer Duncans over DiMarzios, does that make me an idiot too?

I am still not sure what your point is, but the notion that changing anything on a JEM as being some how wrong, is just plain silly.

Lets move on.

Last edited by Ayrton; 03-01-2007 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Grammer
quote
  #206  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:28 PM
mikeymike  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southwest Louisiana
Posts: 287  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
You must be, because that is the silliest thing you have posted. A Bill Lawrence pup can sound good in any guitar. Ever hear of Nuno Bettencourt? I prefer Duncans over DiMarzios, does that make me an idiot too?

I am still not sure what your point is, but the notion that changing anything on a JEM as being some how, is just plain silly.

Lets move on.
Well 90% of the people who swap bill lawrences in only want to because dime used them... Doesn't sound like he has a clue about which combination of pickups sound good for JEMS... not for ML's.... notice he is a big dean supporter..... you see what im saying about it now? he's like some sorta dimebag fan
quote
  #207  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Dee  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 渋谷区、東京都
Posts: 8,514  -  iTrader: (2)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawrence!


I put a Bill Lawrence in my RG750. It made it sound great for the music I was playing at the time, so whatever. If it works for him, that's OK! I already mentioned this anyway. I eventually took the pickup out and changed it back to the original IBZ because the BL sounded cold and harsh. The IBZ sounded much warmer and blended better with the other pickups. My music taste changed along with my playing, and so I changed the pickup to suit what I needed at the time, and that's clearly what he's done. I can't knock him for it.

BTW, I was into Nuno Bettencourt's sound, that's why I changed it for a BL.
quote
  #208  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 PM
mikeymike  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southwest Louisiana
Posts: 287  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I put a Bill Lawrence in my RG750. It made it sound great for the music I was playing at the time, so whatever. If it works for him, that's OK! I already mentioned this anyway. I eventually took the pickup out and changed it back to the original IBZ because the BL sounded cold and harsh. The IBZ sounded much warmer and blended better with the other pickups. My music taste changed along with my playing, and so I changed the pickup to suit what I needed at the time, and that's clearly what he's done. I can't knock him for it.
uh huh but you did get rid of it eventually i win.hahaha (just kidding of course)
quote
  #209  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 PM
(a)
Ayrton  is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 4,196  -  iTrader: (44)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawrence!


Well for the record, Dime had terrible tone. I love his playing, but his tone was god awful.

[Flame suit on]
quote
  #210  
Old 03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
(a)
JJEMMER777  is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 8,373  -  iTrader: (5)

Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawren


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike View Post
For a second there I thought you were gonna be a jerk-mod drunk with power... thank god you're not like that (right?)
You'll find no power trip here. I'm just a lowly Mod that likes to keep it fun

Glad to see we are back on track
quote



Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com
Powered by