Ibanez JEM Forum banner
27K views 295 replies 47 participants last post by  7 Dying Trees 
#1 ·
#48 ·
Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawrence!

That guy sucks. He makes fun of *** rainbow color scheme , yet he wears a vest. Hypocrite. What is he doing with a Jem as he seems to hate everything that's cool about a Jem ? Dee send your virus to that S.O.B. .

#50 ·
Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawrence!

Is it me?....or does his drasticly thinning hair need an oil change?
Im thinking that on the back of his vest.......he has an airbrushed logo of the "Blue Oyster" bar. (Police Academy movie) No wait!........that guys dad is the biker dude from Village People isnt he?
And if Im not mistaken........theres a couple cat piss stains on his lil marshall cabinet :roll:
Disgarcefull!

#56 ·

the way i see it is that he took an ugly guitar and changed it around but still somehow managed to preserve the ugliness (my apologies to rootbeer jem fans) ;)
"Hippie" you hit it on the head. I say great for this guy having the cohonas to set up his guitars to suite his playing. Something both Steve Vai and EVH have done to their guitars in the past.

Then what's all this about his "dress"???? What???? don't tell me some of you guys are still judging people on how they dress!!! I mean how closed minded, juvenile and stereotypical can you be???? Or are you like the typical teenage girl..... wanting to be a member of the "fashion police"?

Besides, it looks to me like he's a working musician..... how about you???? If so, post some pic's of yourself! Maybe we can take some cheap shots at you too!!!!

Some of you guys must think you'll appear to be "cool" flamming...... actually you appear more like a bunch of lemmings or sheep following with little regard for others or where it leads you. :roll:

#61 ·

It's pulled from the same website...... I got it from a Google search for "Ibanez JEM" images. But it doesn't look half bad here...... kinda like the "hippie" man says it still retains it's "ugliness" either way! :lol:

#69 ·
Hey..... you chose to use it (boy) as part of your screen name! :lol: Not to mention I live here in the deep south...... so I have a pretty good understanding of racism! (something I wasn't intending.... just referencing your "youthful enthusiasm") ;)

Besides..... that pose looks like your typical "angry youth" wannabe pose! :lol: But you "look" SO COOL! :roll:

I also see you fit into the "noob" category too since you're a newer member here! :lol: Anyway, welcome to Jemsite! Now where's the pic's of your JEM? Ibanez? :lol: ;) BTW..... nice Ovation. It is a Ovation isn't it?

#70 · (Edited)
Yes it is an ovation.
I guess I don't understand what the problem is. Obviously we weren't trying to be "cool" and impress eachother. Why would we feel the need to impress complete strangers who we've never seen and probably never will?
It was just fun.
We jumped in because it was funny to us.
Sorry to offend.
His attire had nothing to do with it really.
You didn't see me making fun of jemaholic in his thread when he had the photo of him and his DY, even though he was wearing a vest. That's because I didn't really care. Hell, I've worn a vest or two in my time.
The point was that this guy was using phrases like " rare USA made JEM" and "a real floyd rose, much better than stock" that gave some of us license to poke fun.
I was laughing hysterically until you came around with the buzzkill.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, it was all in good fun. Don't take things so seriously.
I also understand that you may be more of a serious person, while I am anything but, so we obviously have differences. Everything was tongue-in-cheek.

PS My humble 570 can be seen here
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/sick-boy21/zz1.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/sick-boy21/zz2.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t135/sick-boy21/100_1984.jpg

#72 ·
I didn't take it as seriously as you think......but it does get pretty boring reading post after post of "put downs"! Hey...... who's the hot "chick" in that last pic "DAD"! :lol: (The nerve..... calling me "DAD") :lol: You have one cute "young'un" there. (Hmmm.... must have gotten looks from "mom" though!)

#78 ·

I'm quite sure there have been uglier "mods" done, and you can do a lot worse than installing an OFR, clear pickguard, and a Bill Lawrence pickup, too. It can always be returned to spec by the next owner.

Now, when people take their bandsaws, routers, and sanders to their guitars, well, I think we've all seen worse things.

#79 ·

I'm quite sure there have been uglier "mods" done, and you can do a lot worse than installing an OFR, clear pickguard, and a Bill Lawrence pickup, too. It can always be returned to spec by the next owner.

Now, when people take their bandsaws, routers, and sanders to their guitars, well, I think we've all seen worse things.
Ture..... those tools (bandsaws, routers, and sanders) in the hands of the wrong "artist" and look out! I think we may have an example or two that's been posted on here! :lol:

#82 ·

I once saw a Les Paul on e-bay where apparently the previous owner wanted to fit an SG-style pickguard (that goes over the front-routed models) over the arched top. The plan failed, however, but not before they attempted what looked like a "swimming pool" route of each pickup cavity... still not sure what they were thinking.

#91 ·

Ouch..... doesn't do this justice! The guy should have painted like streaks of blood down the guitar from it! Talk about your partial amputation..... what in the hell was he thinking??? If the strap button was stripped out why not just fill and re-drill or relocate the button to the back side...... hmmm!? :roll:

#92 ·

Earlier today, I found an e-bay auction for a UV777PWH whose finish had been stripped (or a new body made-hard to tell) and the upper horn was fashioned to look like a tele... it's in the "auctions to laugh at" thread. Not saying that I'm not going to bid on it to save it, but still...

#94 ·

The floyd Rose tends to sound a little brighter and the Bill Lawrence is an amazing pickup. I'm not sure about the multicolour pickups or the clear guard, but the pickup and bridge swap sounds like a sensible idea to me if that's the sound he's after actually. They worked for Nuno Bettencourt on his N4s...

#95 ·
The floyd Rose tends to sound a little brighter and the Bill Lawrence is an amazing pickup. I'm not sure about the multicolour pickups or the clear guard, but the pickup and bridge swap sounds like a sensible idea to me if that's the sound he's after actually. They worked for Nuno Bettencourt on his N4s...
Like I said, Jono, Holy cows. People on this forum should learn something from distinguishing their own.... ;)

Regards,

JP

#99 ·

I'm going to post my first 100% smartaz comment on here.... nobody take it personally now :)

Here's an interesting observation comming from a long time vintage Fender/Gibson snob with an appreciation for some of the finer Ibanez's (me)

Some of you Jem folks are even MORE anal than my vintage strat/LP purist buddies... I'd swear I was reading about somone installing a Floyd with a chisel & hammer drill on an original 56 custom color Strat or a 57 Gold Top LOL

The guy changes some parts.... easily replacable parts no less that apparantly make the guitar more usable to him & look what happens. LOL Makes me wonder who is buying all those custom color pickguards & pink & blue dimarzios on the auction sites... I guess nobody here will admit to buying them :) Ya know.. If people didnt ever think for themselves & have a desire customize things to their personal taste there would be no such thing as a Jem & ALL of us would still be driving identical black cars & playing cat gut strung guitars..

Even funnier is the reactions to him pointing out a few Jem features He does not like... & all this time I thought THIN SKIN was a recent fender special issue guitar available from Wildwood LOL

I will also say the guy does seems to be a bit of a tool though ...

Sorry folks :) just calling it as I see it

#101 ·
I'm going to post my first 100% smartaz comment on here.... nobody take it personally now :)

Here's an interesting observation comming from a long time vintage Fender/Gibson snob with an appreciation for some of the finer Ibanez's (me)

Some of you Jem folks are even MORE anal than my vintage strat/LP purist buddies... I'd swear I was reading about somone installing a Floyd with a chisel & hammer drill on an original 56 custom color Strat or a 57 Gold Top LOL

The guy changes some parts.... easily replacable parts no less that apparantly make the guitar more usable to him & look what happens. LOL Makes me wonder who is buying all those custom color pickguards & pink & blue dimarzios on the auction sites... I guess nobody here will admit to buying them :) Ya know.. If people didnt ever think for themselves & have a desire customize things to their personal taste there would be no such thing as a Jem & ALL of us would still be driving identical black cars & playing cat gut strung guitars..

Even funnier is the reactions to him pointing out a few Jem features He does not like... & all this time I thought THIN SKIN was a recent fender special issue guitar available from Wildwood LOL

I will also say the guy does seems to be a bit of a tool though ...

Sorry folks :) just calling it as I see it
we should jump you too! :lol: jk haha, yeah idk i see your point but this isn't a vwh that has been out for billions of years.

edit: whoa i just noticed this, within his info that is half wrong i noticed he said the lions claw adds for more pullup and that the scalloping makes it easier to bend... i am pretty sure scalloping makes it harder to bend and i know that the scalloping is actually just to compensate for the old neck joint style fretboard hangover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.