Ibanez JEM Forum banner
27K views 295 replies 47 participants last post by  7 Dying Trees 
#1 ·
#222 ·
Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawrence!

I am not that up to date on why Dime did what, so I have no idea why he used solid state amps. I am sure he could have had his choice of tube amps.

I will stick with Marshall myself.

#223 ·
Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawrence!

Who is to say what a Bill Lawerence pickup will sound good in? Through what rigs? To who's ears? Hold on.... please nobady answer that !!!!! please !!! :)

Can we get back to making fun of screwed up Jems, Universes & Tele-verses' etc please? This thread was fun when that was the point :D Or maybe take note of the former Canadian Minister of Defense who just called upon all nations of the world to release the alien spaceman technology that's been kept secret since 1947 so that we dont destroy the world with fossil fuel?

By the way... Your string gauges are wrong!

LOL

#225 ·
Who is to say what a Bill Lawerence pickup will sound good in? Through what rigs? To who's ears? Hold on.... please nobady answer that !!!!! please !!! :)

Can we get back to making fun of screwed up Jems, Universes & Tele-verses' etc please? This thread was fun when that was the point :D Or maybe take note of the former Canadian Minister of Defense who just called upon all nations of the world to release the alien spaceman technology that's been kept secret since 1947 so that we dont destroy the world with fossil fuel?

By the way... Your string gauges are wrong!

LOL
OPTIMIZED ZACHARY STRINGS !!!!!!!!! (because more tension is better!) hehehe

so wait did the televerse sell.... and aliens??? this is all connected.......

(playing with the wrong string gauges for life)

#232 ·

Way to go Mikey!! Always lookin for trouble:roll:

Would you get a job already:lol:

(BTW - to avoid confusion, Mikey = jemplayer55)

You're getting WAY too good at dissecting people's posts lately!! :)

Just had this thing calmed down and ya had to go and stir things up again.:roll:

Hey, shouldn't you be changing your username to jemplayer56 ?? :rolleyes:

#237 ·

Way to go Mikey!! Always lookin for trouble:roll:

Would you get a job already:lol:

(BTW - to avoid confusion, Mikey = jemplayer55)

You're getting WAY too good at dissecting people's posts lately!!

Just had this thing calmed down and ya had to go and stir things up again.

Hey, shouldn't you be changing your username to jemplayer56 ?? :rolleyes:
Just calling it as posted by others..... Job??? I have one! Owning a business isn't as easy as some think. But it sure gives me extra "free" time on my hands occasionally! :lol: Why would I change my screen name???? :roll:

Oh no..... I hope Dee isn't losing respect for me....... :lol: I think he's referring to you Jim. :lol:

#238 ·

If you guys keep this up I'm going to buy a 1st issue 100% original floral Jem & install Teisco del rey pickups, a kahler with a wilkinson nut... Then I'm going to fill in the scallops with epoxy & spray paint it white

#240 ·
I must say that was a very thoughtful post and contributed a wealth of information to the thread..... right? More like gave us some insight to your general demeanor towards others.
Thoughtful? Sorry for trying to have fun. The first two pages were people having fun. Making fun of bizarre people on the internet may not suit you. But some people have a lot of fun doing it. Like me.
I think it's also highly innappropriate to say that it gives you insight towards my demeanor. Look at most of the threads I've posted in. I'm very helpful (at least I think so). I praise the guitars of others. Sorry. I thought this thread was a way to have fun. Guess not.

Heck you'd be surprised at what some members prefer in guitars or how they modify them. You certainly don't speak for me as well as many other members on this site. We all have our own likes and dislikes. No different than the members who like the lo pro over the edge pro.
There certainly isn't any evidence on this site that suggests that people prefer the edge over the OFR?:roll:
I'm not saying that it's a universal feeling. But all over the 'net, not just on this site, you will find time and time again people prefering the Edge over the OFR...So maybe my statement "I'll doubt you'll find any on this site" was a little much.

Obviously you felt the "need" to try and pass off an excuse for your "intelligent" post. Now however, it has become apparent you just like to have "fun" at the expense of others. Very "cool" of you!
That's called comedy, buddy. Show me a comedian, anywhere, who's act doesn't make fun of people. Look at the joke thread on this forum. Hardly a joke on there that isn't making fun of someone.

Not to mention the wonderful picture you chose to post of yourself. Like I said.... you look like the typical "angry youth" wannabe!
Ahh, music to my ears. Every year that passes the more and more I appreciate the "youthful" comments. I posted the picture because you asked for it. I really dont care if you want to make fun of me. Hell, I encourage it. I can laugh at myself as much as others. I just like to laugh, which is what I was doing a lot of until this thread took a serious turn.
I also hardly think I have the mental capacity of someone between the ages of 8 to 12.

are you a petrucci fan? isn't that what he uses? i forget... where have i seen that combo before....
Actually I'm not. His music sounds great but my god he's like a robot on stage. I'm just throwing them in cause the price was right.:)

#254 ·

Lol....judging from reading prior posts I don't think guys are mature enough to pull off a "productive debate" :lol:

And on a follow up, there is "NO PRODUCTIVITY" left in this debate;)

Come on.....prove me wrong!!! I dare ya :razz:

Prove me wrong, thread stays OPEN so put in your thinking caps:lol:

I'm thinking start another thread titled - "WE HAVE NO LIFE" :)

#255 ·

Lol....judging from reading prior posts I don't think guys are mature enough to pull off a "productive debate" :lol:

And on a follow up, there is "NO PRODUCTIVITY" left in this debate;)

Come on.....prove me wrong!!! I dare ya :razz:

Prove me wrong, thread stays OPEN so put in your thinking caps:lol:
Come on now Jim..... Sick-boy finally said something humorous and comedic like! ;)

Besides did we all forget how many years Ibanez has paid Floyd Rose for licensing to copy the OFR? So the OFR can't be all that bad. This guy could have installed a TRS..... Isn't it the choice of many? :lol:

#268 ·

Wow, stop reading a thread for a few days and look what happens . . .
I'll throw my two cents in with Ayrton. To each his own, to each her own. We can talk objectively about certain designs in terms of balance, symmetry, complementary colors, ergonomics, etc. but when it comes down to matters of taste, it's useless to criticize others' tastes in matters of asthetics.

#274 ·
Let's not get way off on a dead guy's tone. While I can't comment on a particular player’s skill, Drow is not the first person I have read that thought Dime's skill was nothing revolutionary.

Either way, the man is dead and so is his band. You guys keep this up and all the Dime leg humpers will come out of the woodwork.

#276 ·

Alright guys, I give.

I have every Pantera album and while I admit he is a very good player, I still believe he's over-rated in my eyes.

I apologize for my "not so good" comment earlier. That was really immature of me and really it was just out of frustration because I'm a tad tired of seeing his face everywhere. Because yes over all, I'm sure he was better than me ;)

I have no problems admitting when someone's better than myself :D

#278 ·
Alright guys, I give.

I have every Pantera album and while I admit he is a very good player, I still believe he's over-rated in my eyes.

I apologize for my "not so good" comment earlier. That was really immature of me and really it was just out of frustration because I'm a tad tired of seeing his face everywhere. Because yes over all, I'm sure he was better than me ;)

I have no problems admitting when someone's better than myself :D
I feel your frustration with everyone whoring his name now that he's passed away. I've always liked him though long before all this hooplah.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way. I am a firm believer in the fact that you do not need to be the most talented player to create great music. I enjoy Pantera's music, and Dime's playing. I just never cared for his sound, but that does not take away from the music.
ah okay i see.. i mean yeah there are people with better tone than him.... speaking of which i was on my way to the store just now and i was thinking about lamb of god.. now they have some niceeeeeeeeeeee tone. super clarity and THICK... what do you think?

#277 ·
Please don’t take my comments the wrong way. I am a firm believer in the fact that you do not need to be the most talented player to create great music. I enjoy Pantera’s music, and Dime’s playing. I just never cared for his sound, but that does not take away from the music.

#289 ·

An other sacrilege was made with a LNG which is being sold on the German **** and which now has a rough wood with the LNG paint taken off and a poor pickguard. Some people have such crazy ideas !

#296 ·
jexus christ... people ragging on a dead guy and on someone for having indicidual taste... It's really just like a complete orgy of snobbery...

#1 As for the Jem, well, some people prefer OFR's. OFR's are good bridges, stable, solid and it's all what you're used to at the end of the day. Pickup wise, well, if it sounds good it sounds good. A lot of people here seem to be forgetting that guitars are meant to be played, not spunked all over once a year when you dare to open the hermitically sealed case... Hey, i even think the vwh should have been buried with elvis as it's absolutely horrid. THis looks no worse or better than a lot of the multi coloured jems. I've set fire to my BSB as it wasn;t burnt enough, cause guess what, it's my guitar, that i actually play from time to time, it's what they're there for.

#2 ragging on a dead man really isn't cool. Don't like his style etc, all good, but i don't think anyone can deny that he had a unique style, unique attitude in his playing and has influenced a generation of guitarists during a generation where metal and solo's wasn't cool. Plus, i can hear him do more with one note than 99% of shredders do with a million, and to me, that is class, as that is all meant, which is better than a bland cleanly executed million miles an hour sweep using 11 fingers, your ****, and 1337 powers of mind control...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.