Ibanez JEM Forum banner
27K views 295 replies 47 participants last post by  7 Dying Trees 
#1 ·
#12 ·
Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawrence!

hahaha read the guy's posts on that site..... he is a total douche... everything we like about the jem's he HATES.... its sad....
Yes indeedy 8 ) The early Steve Vai models came in loud colors - vivid yellow , pink , and green and usually all of these on the same guitar ! From there the visual overkill descended into floral prints and swirls , usually with pickups in a color deliberately mis-matched to the finish . I thought most of them looked revolting ( click this [ link ] to see why ) so I was glad to finally see this model and the black 7PBK .
Of course the Rootbeer and 7PBK were slow sellers and were quickly discontinued since most copycats went for the vivid colored ones that Vai preferred back then . This was actually a good thing for me - I got this Rootbeer brand new for half price ! I loved the sound and feel of the Jems but there was no way I was going for the big-***-rainbow color scheme . The Rootbeer and 7PBK have a slightly larger handle which is nice - I actually use the handle quite a bit and the regular style finger-grip handle is too small for me . I'd like to have a 7PBK also - it is this model in black with "disappearing pyramid" neck inlays in pearl and abalone . [ link ] ( No pink ! Woohoo! )

#31 ·
Re: look at this sacrelige jem (old grip too!) with a floyd rose swap and bill lawrence!

I would go over there and call the guy a fruit, maybe post some other stuff, but Im too lazy to register. If someone wants to do it for me Id be more than happy to provide the insults.

#33 ·

The only thing worse than being a dumbfck, is being a dumbfck and being too stupid to know it.

"Quick get a picture of me in my rock-pose while I play my USA made Jem".

#41 ·

We can only hope that while rocking out (more than likely with his cokc out), his OFR pops out during some AWESOME whammy work and hits him in the nads, thereby stopping him from producing future vest-clad rockers.

#45 ·

Preference or not, the OFR does sound different to some over the Edge. Personally I tend to not obsess over such things, but this guy sounds like someone who knows less than he thinks he does.

YMMV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.