<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > JEM and Universe Guitars

JEM and Universe Guitars For discussion of Ibanez JEM and Universe guitars only.

Old 04-12-2003, 03:05 AM

My Jem is coming...I am going to explode with happiness

Ok...Well I was doing my weekly browsing on the net yesterday (it was my birthday) where I go and check all the prices on the stuff I want to see if there is anything on sale.

I saw the Jem7VSBL for $999.99 at MF. I swear I thought it was a typo. Then I realized it was for real. I ran downstairs to my mother and was like "MOM!!!! The guitar I have wanted for like 4 years is on sale for $1000" Now I drive my parents and pretty much anybody I know insane cause I am a Vai fanatic. For example I went to my girlfriends house tonight and made her watch Steve Vai on that Celebrity Hobbies show (Which was cool by the way) and recorded it...I also made my Dad go with me, wait in a line all day just to see Vai front row in Aneheim...

Any way...I was freaking out...I know they are going to be gone really fast for that price (the guy said there where 60 left today) so what do I do.

I convince my mom to apply for the MF Credit Card. I make good money as of recently with my Jom so I know I can pay it off in a few weeks. Just didn't have it right now. So I applied for the card and only got $750 of Credit. What is worse is MF doesn't let you do co payments so if you buy something with their card you have to pay for all of it on there. THAT SUCKED

This morning I woke up at 8am (that is way earlier for me) called the credit company...bargained with them for about 1 hour and convinced them they should raise the credit. After being on hold for a couple minutes the lady said "we can raise your credit to $1000" I was a little concerned but I took it.

Called MF ordered the guitar...I will know on monday wether or not it will work out for sure or not but. The lady, and the guy at MF said it should all go through. If it doesn't my Dad still owes me for my B-day and I got a couple 100 $$$ so maybe he will pay the difference.

Anyway...I am SO FREAKING HAPPY! Like nobody has ever been as excited as me to get a Jem ever...I should go into Jem History as the happiest person to ever get a Jem...or any guitar. I think I might cry of this overwhelming ecstaticness.

Besides playing a Jem twice in a guitar center the only time I have ever touched one was when I saw Vai play and I touched evo...haven't washed my hand yet...and that was a couple years ago...jk
Old 04-12-2003, 03:55 AM

Reviews: 1
Congrats! Cool guitar. Now the agony of waiting....... I know dude, waited for 8 months for my Universe.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:50 AM

hey congrats tyler!

thats awesome man, i love the VSBL

probably last years stock since its so cheap.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:07 PM

sweet.
Old 04-12-2003, 02:23 PM

Yeah it is the 2002 stock...from MF I just didn't want to conflict jemsite's rules having to do with there sponsors so I didn't talk much about that side of it...

never the less I am gonna be a jem owner woo hoo

So I guess since guitarnerd is dead, there are too many people for me at harmony central...I need to make this my home forum
Old 04-12-2003, 06:46 PM

Oh great...I didn't know junebughunter AND flux used this site...
Old 04-13-2003, 03:12 AM

haha...

Me and FluX talk online every other day...plus I think this place is big enough for the two of our ego's

It's like a big guitarnerd reunion without guitarnerd
Old 04-13-2003, 08:33 AM

minus brandon? i don't miss him.. lol

he screwed me and Dan over at guitarnerd.... so enoguh of that hellhole... i'm more concentrated on my band and playign shows and saving to get a RB someday. lol

Tyler, MF don't ship out of the US do they?
Old 04-17-2003, 05:59 PM

i know the feeling. i was so happy to get the guitar i'd wanted for so long.

the worst thing about getting mine was it took the delivery people three attempts to get it to me as they kept missing me. can you imagine my frustration as i come back from a lecture only to discover that my Jem had been and gone. in the end i had to stay in all day just to make sure i got my guitar.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:43 PM

Congrats! You will enjoy/play the heck out of that guitar.

Your story reminds me of the time that my girlfriend's parents fronted me the money to buy a Strat. I paid them back within two weeks and cut their lawn all summer...

Tags
steve vai

Show/Hide Posting Rules