Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD: 77BFP

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  slackta7vwh 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, my bargain 77BFP arrived today completing the blue Jem set up! Apart from a couple of minor dents, it's pretty much mint. The Firebird VII is also a new addition to the collection :)

1998 RG550BK w/EMG 81, SA, 85
2000 JEM7BSB
2002 JEM7VSBL (Lo Pro model)
1991 JEM77BFP
2001 UV777PBK
1996 Levinson Blade RH4 Classic fitted with Lo Pro Edge. DiMarzio Air Norton (N) & DiMarzio Steve's Special (B)
1985 Fender Contemporary Strat -Made In Japan
1985 Gibson Firebird VII in Heather Poly

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comments :)

Thanks jer3d. Sure I don't mind elaborating..

The guitar has a few small imperfections unfortunately, most notably the neck joint finish cracks on the body, a few small lacquer dents around the side of the body (it was shipped to me with the tremolo arm loose in the case, aarghhhhh!), some light pitting in the usual place on the Lo Pro and some wear on the the neck plate. The paint on the volume & tone knobs have some light wear and the tone knob has been replaced with a more recent blue plastic item.

It's exceptionally clean otherwise and still feels very fresh.

You'll hate me for this, but I've just found another original BFP in not quite as good condition as this one for $400 less... :D :D

#13 ·
Thanks!

The Firebird VII is absolutely gorgeous! I'm trying to trace it's history at the moment as unusually it has Grovers rather than the banjo tuners and a stop tail instead of a Lyre- plus it's in the unusual custom colour, Heather Poly (a '62 Cadillac colour). Being an 1985 makes it a late Norlin era guitar, Firebirds were made in small quantities during the '80s it seems. Have managed to get in touch with one of it's previous owners and a guitar shop who previously sold it in Massachusetts. One believes it's one of three ever built, the other believes it's the only on ever built. Have just sent an email to Gibson, so hopefully they'll come back with some more accurate information for me :)

#16 ·
that is a great axe! i hope you love yours as much as i love mine. as everyone says "love it, cherish it, and play it! "

p.s. watch out on the fretboard. those inlays are weird. (broadly said) its hard to keep the neck clean. i wash my hands all the time and the neck still gets dirt on it. i like a clean neck, so i clean mine every string change. i heard you cant use abraisive applicators for the cleaning solution. it will scratch the inlay. (been there on a little test corner)

still havent found the perfect cleaning method. i need to know when someone gets a chance. it seems like this year, i have seen this guitar more and more than last year. or its one of those things, when you own one, you notice more 77BFP's.

plus im working on production #'s. dunno how many were produced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.